No announcement yet.

Oz Striker's Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i get red badges.. looked at uras.. yup im sold!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      should i get red badges.. looked at uras.. yup im sold!
      Haha they do look good against the grey paint, especially the front I reckon!

Comment

Have been meaning to update but we just moved house and things have been a bit hectic lately. I'm without Internet ATM too so I'm having to just do with 3G for another week!

Over the last couple of weeks, I had my new brake setup installed, I installed my Sparco Corsa, had the car serviced with all new fluids and had a more track orientated alignment done. I went with redline oil as it has a very high tollerance to heat and even after about 2.5 weeks of daily driving and today's track day it still hasn't used any oil and it still looks like honey! Awesome stuff! The Castrol oil That I used last time turned black very quick and I had to top it up by 200ml give or take every now and then just from daily driving.

Any main reason for the update is to report on my first track day at Winton today! Had an awesome day in the end but it didn't start very well. The car was ready to go before I left at 4am this morning for the drive over, but about 10mins away from the track my ABS warning light came on. After getting setup and meeting a few forum members I took the car to the scruteneers and the right brake light wasn't working. With the help of MARACER and Lemmiwinks (thanks for the help again by the way guys its good to know we have such good blokes on the forum) we checked the ABS sensors and cleaned them as suggested by ChargeR but with no luck. We were sure it must have had something to do with the abs light because the globe looked fine and came on when the headlights were on. Or it could have been because of the resistor I had used to turn off the airbag light. In the end we couldn't fix the problem so I went to see if I could get my money back for the day and the owner of our local Pedders shop happened to be there and cleared me to go out, I was very relieved at this point having driven nearly 3 hours and spent the last few weeks preparing for today!

So I finally got to have a crack around the track at last, and out of all the things I have experienced in my life this would have to be the second best (you can obviously work out what the best is :P) my first couple of session gave me a good feel for the track and I managed a 1:51 which I was fairly happy with, I ran 32psi cold which measured about 39-40 hot. The last time I went out I really tried to work on my lines and tried to carry more speed through the corners. The car felt quite good but I felt like I had a little too much body roll so I might look at some better sway bars and strut bars to stiffen it up. I managed to better my time to a 1:47.9 and was keeping up with some of the other drivers but there were a couple of corners that I thought I could have improved on by dropping to second instead of using third to get a better exit. Will also be looking at getting the car tuned in the near future probably with the addition of a larger throttle body and better intake manifold to extract some better straight line speed and response out of the motor.

Now looking forward to hopefully getting out there again next month and improving on my time! Thanks for reading!

Ryan

Comment

grats on the pb mate.

ps your car looks mint!!

Comment

Top effort man! Your car was very very quick!!
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              grats on the pb mate.

ps your car looks mint!!
              Thanks man! Hopefully I can bring it down even lower next time!

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
              Top effort man! Your car was very very quick!!
              Cheers man, well in a straight line it felt like a slug but I was surprised at how wel it held the road through the bends still needs work though. It didn't help that I was being destroyed by a GTR and a 400kw EVO lol but it was a great day, lot of fun! I've got some footage of me being passed by them it sounds awesome, I'll post up when I have the Internet again! Lol

Well done on your PB too mate its good to see!

Comment

Congratulations on your PB mate, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  Congratulations on your PB mate, keep it up!
                  Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the time! Looks like you had a blast on the day, looking forward to seeing you in person next time.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                      Congrats on the time! Looks like you had a blast on the day, looking forward to seeing you in person next time.
                      Thanks man! Yeh it was great, I can't wait to get back out there now! Like wise mate it was great meeting some of the forum members and putting names to faces! I think the next day is on the 24th of August so hopefully I can get the day off work again

Comment

Nice work mate! Didn't get a chance to say hi but saw you cutting it up out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                          Nice work mate! Didn't get a chance to say hi but saw you cutting it up out there.
                          Cheers man! I will introduce myself next time

Comment

Nice meeting you Ryan.
                            Well done on your new PB.
                            BTW, One thing that I’ve learn't meeting with ClubITR crew is that everybody is willing to help one another,
                            you might not be able to repay that same person back in the way they’d help you,
                            but in turn you help someone else in need when the time comes.
                            Can't beat online support from TOM, thanks buddy
                            Last edited by maracer; 30-07-12, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                              Nice meeting you Ryan.
                              Well done on your new PB.
                              BTW, One thing that I’ve learn't meeting with ClubITR crew is that everybody is willing to help one another,
                              you might not be able to repay that same person back in the way they’d help you,
                              but in turn you help someone else in need when the time comes.
                              Can't beat online support from TOM, thanks buddy
                              Same to you Mario! Thanks I'm hoping to improve it next month! I see where your coming from and completely agree with you, the more knowledge spread around members the better, and hopefully I can use the things that I have learnt help other members one day when it's needed! Hope to see you out there again soon!

Comment

Well my car finally feels like its coming together now, I have just had an RBC IM, 70mm TB and a Works engineering fuel rail installed, and I spent all afternoon making up a custom silicon elbow so it meets up with my injen CAI. After playing around with it for ages I finally got it sorted after much frustration. I went to take it for a test drive and soon realized that I couldn't select 3rd or 5th gear. In moving the intake pipe to match up with the TB it was coming into contact with the shift linkage. So I pulled it all apart again and gave the shift linkage as much clearance as possible (which turned out to be about 2mm when selecting 5th lol).

Now it all sits fine, but I'm still not sure I'm happy with the new silicon bend as I had to put a join in it to join 90 degree and 45 degree bends which has a piece of aluminum pipe inside it to hold it together and I know it won't flow as well as it used to, so I'm thinking of making a custom intake that sits inside the engine bay and getting rid of the injen.

But I don't think I'll have time now as I'm going to Melbourne this Friday while the BYP guys are in town to get the car tuned! I'm really looking forward to it, and I can't wait to see how the car feels afterwards as most people say its the best upgrade they've done on their car, plus I can get rid of that annoying CEL!!!!! Lol

Then weather permitting hopefully i'll be up early and off to Winton again this sunday to see if I can lower my time again after some much needed poke under the right foot! Lol also I've been re watching the video footage I took last time at the track and have got a few ideas of how I can improve corner speed through the middle and last sectors, mainly by utilizing 2nd gear in a couple of slower corners and by being a bit more bold and carrying more speed/getting on the throttle earlier through others. Can't wait to get back out there, hopefully the rain stays away!

Thanks for reading

Ryan

Here are some photos of the car as it sits now.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X