Oz Striker's Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
    Lol we did the redevelopment there... New Fuel station etc..
    Ah ok, yeh I live about halfway between the train station and that fuel station. It's a good servo that one, although I do put BP Ultimate in my car

Comment

When are you getting the coilovers / wheels+tyres done? I'm pretty keen to see some photos ... it's going to look awesome

Comment

Coilovers are installed, I'll post some pics today. I've got to get my guards rolled before the wheels go on though. I have very little spare time as I'm so busy with work

Comment

looks good, cant wait to see more progress
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

Ok so here are some pics of the car with the coilovers installed as requested. I have left them at the height that they come at straight out of the box and once the wheels go on i'll probably drop the front down quite a bit and the rear down a little bit more. There's also a pic of the modifications to our driveway aswell, even on the stock suspension i only had 3mm clearance from the mid pipe to the ground lol so now i have a runway to drive in on!

will update soon with a review of the coilovers and hopefully i'll get the wheels on soon too.

Cheers

Comment

Looking good. Like that lip too.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Yeah... That lip is very interesting...
                Brand ?
                Looking really good, photos are nice mate.

Comment

Thanks guys its actually a replica lip I bought off eBay from some guys in Japan, I can't remember the brand name. But it's a replica of an 06-07 Impreza V lip, some people have used and 04-05 but apparently they don't fit as well. I would have bought a genuine one but they are about $600, and knowing I wouldn't ever be able to on sell it to a Subaru owner due to having to cut it slightly so it fits correctly, I thought the rep was a better idea

Comment

Update!

Ok so i got a bit lazy after having my coilovers installed and once i got some time off work i thought i better get some parts installed!

Before i get onto the new parts ill give a quick review of the coilovers. For a start as soon as they came out of the box they looked excellent, very good quality, and once i got to drive with them in i was glad i spent the extra dollars on them. As a daily driver which my car is these are great, a lot of people complain about coilovers being harsh but this is where i see the value in this setup. These coilovers absorb bumps and dips in the road extremely well, i'm not constantly banging my head on the roof when i got over a bump lol and it means i can sit comfortably in the car when i head to work and things like that. But when i head out for some spirited driveing as soon as i turn into a corner they perform equally as well, as everyone always says the car now handles like a go kart, i can take corners a lot more agressively but the car still feels completely stable and i still feel under control.

Surprisingly i actually found the car more comfortable in regards to ride quality once i tightened up the dampers a bit. On the softest setting the car was slightly bouncy, but obviously once the damper was taking more of the load the tyres are kept in contact with the road for longer making the car sit on a more even level, but again this doesn't make the ride feel harsh when hitting a bump, and as i previously said this is where i think the value is with this setup.

Anyway on to new parts, a few days ago i got my wheels and tyres put on and had the suspension adjusted to where i wanted it and i think they look great! The new tyres are fantastic and grip very well around bends, they are obviously slightly louder against the road being 2 inches wider but a small price to pay. I also had my gearbox worked on over the last two days getting the new clutch, flywheel and LSD installed. Other than the engine mounts, i think these are the things that i am most happy about with the car as far as modifications go. Shifting feels much more solid now, the friction point in the clutch has a much firmer grab to it which is taking a little bit of getting used to ie: me bunny hopping while reversing out of fluid drive for the first time, while a bloke walking his dog looked at me probably wondering how on earth i got my license lol but i've pretty much got it down pat now. The LSD is also awesome! The car now pulls itself through corners and i have a lot more control over the car under acceleration, the other good thing is it barely makes any more noise than the stock diff did which i'm really happy about. I'm still trying to decide what to do next, thinking i/h/e but i'm having trouble deciding which ones to go for as there are so many available! I'm interested in going down the Kpro path as well but i will obviously be looking at the supporting mods before i do that, anyway here are some photos i took of the car yesterday. I'm looking at doing a photoshoot with one of my mates who owns a clean red EG, i'll post up some pics when that eventuates. Cheers Ryan

Last edited by Oz Striker; 04-04-12, 01:57 PM.

Comment

That looks tough. Nice new mods as well.

Where are the ClubITR stickers?
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Looks great !!

Comment

nice mods man, keep it up!

i helped a mate install that lip on a dc5r. good looking lip. but id imagine you'd be scraping it quite a lot. haha
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Awesome, your car looks so clean!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys,

@ Felix: yeh man I have them ready to go but I'm just not sure where to put them yet! Lol

@ Stevan: cheers man!

@ Eskimo: haha I scrape on most things now, it's worth it though I reckon because these Subaru lips look awesome on DC5's!

@ M@lew: yeh I just washed it, but honestly by the next morning it was all dusty again lol I'm lucky though because you can't notice the dirt as much with this color :P

Ps: sorry for the "@" reply but I can't seem to multi quote using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapa(cantmultiquote)talk
                              Last edited by Oz Striker; 05-04-12, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Accidental double post :S courtesy of Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X