Oz Striker's Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE

Finnaly getting around to writing an update. I got a bit lazy for a while and didn't really do too much to the car but i'm getting back into it!!! lol I just installed an Injen CAI which was a lot easier than i thought it would be, only took me about an hour. I know people say not to worry about the exposed filter but i does make me feel a little uneasy when it rains. Even after i wash my car the filter is always wet. So with the help of my old man who is a refrigeration welder, i'm going to design an aluminum box so the filter is completely covered and then run air hoses to it from the front bar and he will fab it for me. I have been working on a few designs but it is quite difficult to get the measurements right but i'll get it done eventually. One thing i have noticed is my fuel economy is much better with the injen when driving sensibly which is great! and the induction noise is awesome aswell!!

I am also about to have a Fujitsubo Powergetter installed which i got from Shakeel up in Sydney, great bloke btw, should be installed this Thursday, i think i have made the right choice with this exhaust but if i find it too loud ill just sell it and get an RM01A. I am now in search of an aftermarket header and still not sure of what to get. The Kiddracing header has been suggested to me, and i'm also considering TODA but i don't want to have to wait for an order! lol would be great if i could find a decent second hand set!! hint hint anybody :P

I have also recently been looking into upgrading my brakes as i am planning to attend a track day at Winton very soon. I know a bloke who works at my local Pedders work shop and he suggested that I start with one of the Tampered Motorsports track days as they are good for beginers. If anyone knows of any other days coming up at Winton in the near future let me know as the Tampered Motorsports days are the only ones i know about.

Anyway from the research i have done i think i'll start with a set of DS2500 pads on the front and a set of DBA 4000 series slotted rotors as i have heard good reviews about them. I considered getting a Willwood or StopTech BBK from the states as they are well priced but i think the above combo will suffice. Also going to flush the stock fluid and replace with Motul RBF600 fluid. I have purchased a Mugen oil filter and also some Redline 10-40 synthetic oil which will go in with a service before i head to the track.

Also i want to get peoples opinions on swapping out my Type S seats for some SR4 recaro's. I don't particularly like the leather, cold on your arse in Winter and hot in summer, and i slide around way too much. I would do it straight away but i'm just worried about losing the use of the side airbag. I'm also thinking i could just get a harness to hold me in properly when i go to the track and keep these seats. What do you guys think?

Will hopefully have more updates soon, cheers

Ryan

Comment

Nice update Ryan
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

change the seats mate, they are a terrible driving platform! SR4's are ok for street and spirited driving

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Nice update Ryan
          Thanks Felix

Originally posted by stevan View Post
          change the seats mate, they are a terrible driving platform! SR4's are ok for street and spirited driving
          Yeh I think i will have to, I also find there isn't enough levels of adjustment to suit the way I like to sit when driving. Will keep a look out for a pair. I think a harness would help me a lot when I do go to the track, would make the car feel even more go kart like lol

Comment

Yes a good harness would make the sr4 a lot better as they are a but squishy. My driving improved 2 fold with a new seat, types seats are so bad haha.

Comment

DS2500 and DBA 4000 seem to be the norm for those who don't know where to start with brakes (re: Brakes thread). BBK you probably won't need for now, I just upgraded to mine and only beat my PB by pretending I had my stock brakes back, since I was braking either way too early and stopping too much or too late and too hard. Or could just be I don't know how to drive.

Tampered days are ok to start since they occur often, but just remember to read the rules etc. since they're not really explained on the day and there are sometimes heroes that can ruin the day. Going up with a few people who have been before helps a lot and there's usually a couple of us on here who go up each time.

Comment

Agree with above but I'll also add that without a harness I found myself flying everywhere. Just a harness will secure you enough but if you wish to be further held tight and kept lower to the chassis, get yourself a fixed bucket with super low rails
                1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                F1 Nut

Comment

This is hot!'n i love the fat ass of a dc5! Super clean minus the ozhomo stickers lol!

The red badge and type s badge flow well .. I guess cos the grey car is complimenting it well also!!! That front lip looks like its oem haha!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Very very nice Type S mate!!

Love the work done to it. keep it up!
                    Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Nice update but where's the pictures?

I second what Matt said, the Tampered days are cheap and plentiful but make sure you use caution as there are some clowns at them. Good luck when you hit the track, sounds like you've covered all the bases.

Comment

Car looks great n nice choice of mods too

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it

Well I'm definitely on the look out for new seats now, just missed out on a pair of black SR4's in very good nick, but oh we'll. Sounds like getting a harness is important then, I see a lot of people use the Takata one so I might have to check some prices out on them. Would you guys suggest using a harness bar? I know that you have to have the harness straps at a particular angle so it's safe, but I notice some people use the rear seat belt mounts. I'm not bothered about it being in the way of the rear seats because I'll only have it installed for the track. Would like to hear your thoughts on this...

Also are there any other track days coming up that you guys think would be better to start off at?

PS: I'll post up some pics on the next update, and the OzHomo stickers have been removed and replaced with ClubITR ones lol

Comment

Update

Hey guys, sorry about my long times between updates!

I am currently getting the car ready for the Tampered day at the end of next month and have booked it in for some parts to be installed on the 7th, as i said in my last update, all the brake related parts will be going in, fresh engine and g/box oil, and I've bought a set of PLM headers from the BYP boys which will also be installed then. I'll also get a more track orientated alignment aswell, is the general consensus 0 Toe and max Camber? from a lot of threads i read that seems to be the case!

I had a think and researched about the harness and it seems its not suggested to use one unless you have a roll bar because if you roll you can crush your head lol So i found a cheap Sparco Corsa seat on ebay which should hold me in pretty well for $500 and its brand new! So I'm just going to put this in the car for track days and continue with the stock seats for street. I just need to source some rails and i'm set!

I know the stock seats are shit but if i swap them for different seats my car is then apparently unroadworthy due to the side airbag. Correct me if I'm wrong on this please because i want to be wrong!!! Otherwise i could get them re upholstered and re bolstered in a different material, might look into that...

The only reason I'm worried about being unroadworthy is I'm paying $3K for fucking insurance lol and (safe driving forbid) i have to make a claim i don't want to have my claim rejected!

So anyway I'm getting quite excited about getting over to Winton and cutting a few hot laps with you guys, it should be fun. Hope i see some of you there, no doubt i could use a few tips as well!

Here's a few rolling shots and some stills my brother took of me not long ago, they didn't very clear due to the scattered shade everywhere but here they are none the less...i need to find a new spot to take photo's too! haha

Comment

honestly, that piece of shit V lip just makes ur car perfect!

I love that vlip haha
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                honestly, that piece of shit V lip just makes ur car perfect!

I love that vlip haha
                                Haha cheers man, why don't you get one? I did it to be different but then realized lots of people already had them lol

Edit: just remembered you have the "boss" Mugen lip kit which I dream of every night lol, we can trade if you like
                                Last edited by Oz Striker; 27-06-12, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X