No announcement yet.

Freakygeek's new ride - Project: NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a "Miscellaneous bits and pieces I've been working on" update.... none of these really deserve their own post so I'm just lumping them all in here.

Side air ducts before and after -

Grille reinstalled into cast alloy side duct part.

Cabin air pressure release flap before & after:

and installed....

New leather handbrake boot, with ScienceofSpeed billet aluminium handbrake button installed. Interior will follow the red stitching with black theme mostly, was very impressed with the quality and fit of this piece from redlinegoods.com.

A small new decal (why do I love these items so much?)

I didn't like the grey roof lining, so until I can spend around $900+ on a genuine black fabric NA2 NSX-R roof liner I decided to see how black vinyl paint would go. As it turns out, I was impressed with the results!

Did the same with the A-pillar and B-pillar interior trims.

Paint still wet in the pic - finish is a lot more 'matte'.

The headlight assemblies had red overspray from the previous paint job, and generally looked pretty crap. I'm also fitting HID to the lowbeam whilst doing this, as the NSX projectors are the same for HID and Halogen models (Australia missed out).

So I pulled them apart and commenced a refresh....

Don't forget the lube

| 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Cleaned and re-taped the headlight sub-harness.

Love a clean door jam. Rubber grommets all reinstalled on the body.

Found a copy of the original Australian Honda Sales brochure from 1991, so had to have it...

That's about it for this random bunch of pictures!

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Step by step. Nice updates as usual
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

I love a full restore. Quality update like usual

Comment

Awesome
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I always look forward to reading updates Wish i had the time and money to do this to my car =[
              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
              NSEX

Comment

Looks awesome!!! Would you be interested in working on some NSX interior bits?

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
                Was happy to work on a nsx hope to do more on such a great project

Comment

Really love your work!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh!!!

Comment

Been fiddling with some parts in my very limited spare time!

Exterior door handle reassembly..

My right hand boot hinge finally arrived, a mere 8 month wait.
                    Interesting story with this part, my left hand boot hinge had broken/cracked near the gas strut from constant use over time. I ordered a replacement which arrived as the revised part where they had changed the number of bolts that attach the hinge to the body (2 instead of 3). So of course I couldn't have different hinges! I ordered the right hand side hinge which was not in stock anywhere globally. Honda had to manufacture one. So this meant a 6 to 8 week ETA... that time passed and they still hadn't supplied the part. The dealer emailed Honda and they had word from the factory that the tooling was broken for the hinge and they had to repair the tooling to build the hinge.
                    I was thinking that it was just a funny story but then the part arrived and it had an order date of March 2014 and a manufacturing date of December 2014! Here it is in all its glory!

Assembled the spoiler and LED brake light...

More to come of course. When time allows!

Comment

The hinge that almost got away!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Veeery nice!
                        Keep the updates frequent
                        Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
                        Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
                        Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

Thanks guys

The rubbers around the rear hatch just needed a cleanup and reinstalling.

Radiator support brackets were in need of a freshen up along with the boot latch and Cruise Control mounting bracket.

Beginning assembly of the door starting with the latch assembly.

Cleaned, lubricated etc.

More progress today hopefully

Comment

Rear toe link arm ball joint boots were split, due to some bodgy wheel alignment shop not tightening the arm perpendicular to the knuckle. Honda even cast little arrows into the arms to show this... Oh well!

The joints were both still in perfect condition with no play whatsoever so only the boot needed replacing.

Part number shown on the boot itself. Nice to know I got the right ones

New boot installed...

Bit of a clean up of the arms while I was at it. Much nicer.

Comment

Bonnet is completed with new decals and new washer jets installed.

Hatch glass and engine cover in place.

Front suspension completely removed for wheel arch restoration/cleanup.

Awesome ball joint tool...

Ready to be cleaned up! Overspray is from the crappy previous respray and will be cleaned off.

Before...

Some cleaning done. Will update when it's fully cleaned then painted!

Tried my hand at doing some red stitching on the door trims. I'm going to do the dash stitching also in the same fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                                Tried my hand at doing some red stitching on the door trims. I'm going to do the dash stitching also in the same fashion.

you are amazing!!!

how'd that work???
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X