Wongy's NSEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wongy's NSEX

My dad has always dreamed of owning an NSX, he loved how it looked and was definately looking at purchasing one (manual of course!). After countless NSX's got sold on carsales within a few days of being posted up, this black one went
    up for sale. It was a black 1992 model which was manual with a few tasteful mods with 28X,XXXkms and asking price of $70,000. At first my dad thought it was too expensive for the km's it had travelled. Being a NSX, it had dissapeared
    from carsales the next day.

Thinking that it had sold, we were left waiting for the next manual NSX to pop up. With 6 months going by with no luck, i had a chat with Cambo (Freekygeek), and we were talking about NSX's, and he brought up this black one that he knew about and it turns out it was the black NSX that i missed out on carsales due to the km's being too high. So i asked him about it and he got me in contact with the owner and we started talking. One thing led to
    another and that same weekend i was at his house checking out the car.

The car was amazing, it wasn't perfect but being a NSX that had been driven and not just sitting in a garage collecting dust just to keep the km's low justified the
    condition of the car, for the km's travelled on the car it was in great condition, and as soon as my dad saw it, he didn't even mind the high km's on the car anymore and he just wanted to own it, the owner had fixed up quite alot of things
    since his ownership which i was glad were done. Things like fixing the electric seat, A/C, trims, etc. The owner also added a few tasteful mods to the car which involved Taitec headers coupled with a RFY exhaust which made it sound AMAZING!

Tein coilovers with EDFC controller and double din headunit. When he took me for a test drive my mind was blown at how good it sounded and how comfortable it felt and how nice the exhaust system sounded. I asked him if he would sell it with my dads 32 GTR with cash on top, and he told me that he would need to think about it. Having my dad help me own my dream car which was my R34 GTR, i decided to give the money from the sale of the GTR that i had left aside to put towards a deposit for a house so he could buy his dream car knowing that it would make him very happy.

1 week later i went back to his house again. But this time it was all happening, it was time to take ownership of the NSX. Seeing my dad so excited and happy makes me extremely lucky to have him as a dad.

The day i picked it up

I've got a few things planned for this car, nothing crazy, but things that will restore the car and add a few things that would improve the car along the way.

The first thing me and my dad wanted to do was get the car resprayed. We decided to bring it down to Sharpline which did Rolands' (ROLZ) NSX.
    Got a quote and we left the car there. When it was done it looked amazing, turned out great and fresh.

The next step is to get the car detailed

and to apply paint protection on the car so it protects the paint and keeps it silky smooth

That's it for now
    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
    NSEX

Oh wow! You bought Long's car!

Comment

Wongy's NSEX

Congrats on the nsx ! Looks really good much jealous [emoji23] one day I will own one too [emoji23]with felix and all the others nsx crew. Might get my car sprayed there since you took the nsx there they must good

Comment

Love it!

The paint looks so good.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Show us the after shots quick!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

What a fantastic story. Kudo's for giving back to you father.

Can't wait for more updates
            Skibeemo.com

Comment

Need to hear the exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! congrats on the buy!
                Follow on Facebook
                http://www.facebook.com/96BRG

Follow on Instagram
                http://www.instagram.com/96BRG

Comment

Such a nice car!
                  Re30 update please!

Comment

Congrats again on the car. Glad to see an NSX actually being driven. These cars are too fun to be a garage queen.
                    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I think I spotted you on hume highway in lansvale a few months ago, I was in my mates EG Civic and I gave you a thumbs up! Congrats on the car, sounds amazing

Comment

Beautiful car

Comment

Thanks for parking new bae in my drive <3

Comment

Hnnngggggg.

Comment

Next step was to change the wheels on the car. People who know me will know i only get 2 styles of wheels from RAYS. It's either CE28 or RE30's with RE30's being the first choice. With that in mind, i had started looking as well as having my friend Ahoy Hoy (plAythiNG)look as well. I knew it was a difficult task as the NSX requires the wheels to be double staggered, i had opted to go for the 17" front and 18" rear setup.

Having no idea of what specs to choose, i asked Cam (Freekygeek) for some advice, and my search continued for RE30's on Yahoo Auctions. I came across this pair of 17x8+33 which was perfect for the front. A short time later Ahoy Hoy found a set of 18" that was 18x9.5+18 and he had offered to take 2 of the wheels which was perfect for me

Next was deciding what rubber to put on the rims. Having previous experience with RS3's i had no problem going with the RS3's again, but a good deal came up on some Advan AD08R's that i could not pass up. So a few weeks later everything had arrived and it was time to put it all together. I took the tyres and rims to my local bridgestone for fitting of the tyres.

With that done, it was time to fit them on the car!

The following week it was time to take it to Heasmans for a wheel alignment.

The car feels amazing to drive and loving absolutely every moment when i'm in it.

Last but not least are the personalized number plates [92 NSX]

That's it for now, stay tuned for more updates in the near future...
                              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                              NSEX

Comment

Working...
                              X