No announcement yet.

Oz Striker's Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh. Good on you for taking the guts and pursuing something you enjoy! With regards to the ASR braces etc. It would probably be better to test your car on track before you start the upgrades. Thats what stopped me from upgrading my JDM rear sway bar to a cusco on 25mm, or upgrading my differential as my driving style can only tell me whether I'm in need of a 1 way, 1.5 or 2 way.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      Nice update! Thanks for sharing. Very excited to see this progress into a track car!
      Thanks Felix it's been my "realistic" dream since I was a young, so I'm also really looking forward to it!

Originally posted by Norm View Post
      Yeh. Good on you for taking the guts and pursuing something you enjoy! With regards to the ASR braces etc. It would probably be better to test your car on track before you start the upgrades. Thats what stopped me from upgrading my JDM rear sway bar to a cusco on 25mm, or upgrading my differential as my driving style can only tell me whether I'm in need of a 1 way, 1.5 or 2 way.

Norm
      Thanks Norm! The main idea behind upgrading the RSB came from back when I had my civic, and when I put a larger diametre bar on that, the car felt a lot more direct and stable through turns, it got rid of a lot of body roll and I loved the feel of the car after that. After the last track day at winton, that was what it felt like it needed, possibly on the front as well because there is still quite a lot of body roll in the car, the cage might stiffen the car up enough for me so I might run with that, the new aero (if the rear wing arrives on time) and get a feel for the new alignment and decide on the sway bars after that. Thanks for the advice man!

Comment

Looking really good Ryan! Got the next track day lined up yet?

Comment

Nice update man, looks like your having a lot of fun with the conversion to race car spec :P

I'm surprised you got pulled over in the first place, the car looks so clean to begin with.

Comment

And so it begins! Shattered the car won't be making any appearances at Vic meets though.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
              Looking really good Ryan! Got the next track day lined up yet?
              Thanks man! yep, have already signed up for the next tampered day on the 6th of November which is Melbourne cup day, hopefully everything is ready by then!

How's your EP3 going? Are you ready for another track day yet?

Originally posted by rookie View Post
              Nice update man, looks like your having a lot of fun with the conversion to race car spec :P

I'm surprised you got pulled over in the first place, the car looks so clean to begin with.
              Cheers man. After talking to a few people I've heard that the cop that defected me is well known for being an arsehole to people with modified cars, and apparently even some of the other cops in bendigo don't like him! Lol Just bad luck I guess, I've had heaps of police cars follow me or drive past me without a second look, and because I don't hoon around and don't cut laps around town at night they seemed to leave me alone. Until the other day! Haha Anyway enough whinging from me, just have to look forward now

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                And so it begins! Shattered the car won't be making any appearances at Vic meets though.
                Me too man! It's such a struggle to get time off at short notice where I work so getting down to the meets is hard. I should have a new Honda soon, so hopefully I'll be down flying the red emblem with you guys soon!

Comment

Nice to see a DC5S get a bit track oriented rather than your average DC2R & DC5R! Great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ITR-Mim View Post
                    Nice to see a DC5S get a bit track oriented rather than your average DC2R & DC5R! Great stuff!
                    Cheers man the DC5R or DC2R probably would have been a better platform to start with for the track but I'd like to stick with what I've got, I love this car too much! Haha

Comment

All sweet! Yeah maybe just for the lighter weight and LSD! But hey, Type S is still a beast! :P

Comment

Originally posted by ITR-Mim View Post
                        All sweet! Yeah maybe just for the lighter weight and LSD! But hey, Type S is still a beast! :P
                        Have already taken care of the LSD working on the weight ATM but the cage is going to set that back a lot, unless we use chrome moly but ive heard it's very expensive

Comment

Haha too good
                          But yeah, I guess if you strip as much of the unnecessary stuff as you can, you'll be fine! Roll cage is a necessity :P
                          And I don't have too much clue on roll cages, but have heard that chromoly is lighter and stronger! All depends on how much your willing to spend. None the less i'm looking forward to seeing how this thing turns out!

Comment

What LSD did you end up getting?

Norm

Comment

Chrome moly is cheaper than mild steel
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Wavetrac
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X