Oz Striker's Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Update

Just a quick update on the last couple of days. Wednesday didnt start well, i went to move the car and when i turned it on for the first time in a few weeks Dad noticed a fuel leak coming from the third injector from the left. The leak was coming from where it mates to the fuel rail so no doubt one of the O rings has gone bad. I have sourced a replacement from Benson though so i should hopefully have that sorted tomorrow, it is on a long list of things to do before next Tuesday!!!

Anyway we finnaly got started, we had to do it ghetto style out in the driveway as the current house we are in doesnt have a shed to work in.

We managed to get everything that we had tacked in the previous day completely welded, and we also manged to cut and weld in the horizontal roof bar, and also cut up and tack in the two door bars you can see in the photo below.

Then this evening after work we cut and tacked in the main hoop cross, its really starting to look like a proper cage now, and when you hold the cage and shake against the weight of the car you can feel how its really going to stiffen it up a lot.

Now we have to weld up all the tacked pieces. Then cut and weld in the roof cross, another door bar on each side, the harness bar, and also a horizontal bar that will sit in between the two rear mounting points and act like a strut bar. Then we have to make up and weld in the mounting points for the harness and hopefully that will be all the metal work done for now!

I was hoping to get the cage painted before next tuesday but i dont think it's possible now as the old man has to work all weekend, and he's much better with the welder than me haha so that will have to wait, as long as its structurally finished im not too fussed, and its best not to rush this sort of thing. The sound deadening will eventually come out as well which will make the interior look a lot better matched up with a red cage.

Also a few things turned up yesterday and today that will help keep me busy

This is the main one im excited about

I quickly installed the wheel and boss kit tonight, honestly i didnt take into account how deep the stock steering wheel is so it hasnt brought the wheel out much further if anything at all, wondering whether i could fit two boss kits lol on the positive side the suede will be a lot easier to hang onto, my hands slip on the leather a lot even with gloves and i reckon it looks awesome too

Think i might have already mentioned this but im working on a front splitter atm as well, thats nearly finished too, just need to finish the mounting brackets and paint it. I also need to give the car a damn good clean inside and out, the poor thing hasnt been washed in over a month!

Anyway i need some sleep, absolutely nakard lol will update as things progress over the weekend

Cheers

Ryan
    Last edited by Oz Striker; 01-11-12, 10:27 PM.

Comment

SICKEST. Defs keeping a close eye on this one.

Comment

This is awesome, can't wait to see final product.

Comment

And pictures of your front splitter, need some idea of how u mounted it LOL

Comment

Fuk bro uv gutted it .its full track now . Does it go any diff with bugger all wait ??

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
              SICKEST. Defs keeping a close eye on this one.
              Cheers man

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
              This is awesome, can't wait to see final product. And pictures of your front splitter, need some idea of how u mounted it LOL
              Thanks Stephen! I don't think it will be finished for a week or two yet but hopefully it turns out well. I haven't taken any photos of it yet, I've still got to put a 90degree fold in both the brackets for where it mounts to the splitter, once that's done I can test fit it and then paint it. I'll take some photos of the mounting points then

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
              Fuk bro uv gutted it .its full track now . Does it go any diff with bugger all wait ??
              I haven't driven it yet tbh, the cage will bring back a lot of the weight that was taken out, but I think the biggest difference will be where the weight is. There is a lot less weight over the rear wheels and more in the middle of the car. So it's going to be interesting so see how it effects corning. With more weight towards the front of the car you'd expect more under steer but with a lot less in the rear that might even that out. Will just have to drive it and find out

Comment

jeez.... i just wish i could drive it lol

Comment

Loving the progress. Keep it up Ryan!!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
                    jeez.... i just wish i could drive it lol
                    So do i!!!!!! Haha

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Loving the progress. Keep it up Ryan!!
                    Thanks Felix

Comment

new wing?
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                        new wing?
                        Sure is Shak First impressions of it were good, it is exceptionally well built very impressive, the only imperfections were a couple of scuff marks from poor handling during transit which are annoying but cant be helped, all the brackets are very good quality as well. Fitting it was quite hard, mainly getting the bracket mounts lined up properly but once we got that sorted it was quite easy! here are some quick snaps after the install today. Big thank you to Rodney (Red_EG4) for giving a helping hand for a large part of your day, definitely couldn't have managed that without your help and mainly your eye for detail! Also thanks a lot to Benson from BYP for supplying it and making sure it got here on time, i'm not fussed about what other people say i always get good service from him so i'm happy to keep purchasing through him

Will take some proper photos once the cars had a good clean before tuesday.

The wing took a little more out of today than expected so everything on the "to do" list didn't get done but in the end I did manage to take out all the injectors and replace all the O rings on them, i could see that they all had little tears in them so they all got swapped for new ones. Then I re connected the battery, put the key in and let the fuel prime, went to start it and it had a dead battery, which was weird because it only started two days ago! Better source a battery charger soon. Anyway Dad pulled his reliable old Mazda ute up next to it in the driveway and we jump started it. Thankfully it ran beautifully, even seemed to idle more evenly which is good as it was giving me some trouble for a while. After hearing it run again i just cant wait to drive it now, really hoping the weather stays away this Tuesday as the forecast is for rain

Have been slowly building up a few battle scars over the last week, check out the upside down rocket birthmark lol

Hoping to have the splitter finished tomorrow so will have some pics of that soon

Cheers

Ryan
                        Last edited by Oz Striker; 02-11-12, 08:23 PM.

Comment

wow. definitely fast progress lol. Loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                            wow. definitely fast progress lol. Loving it!
                            Thanks Norm! I'm currently on holidays from work so trying hard to make the most of it!

Comment

Looks beasty. I love it. And the frequency of the updates

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                                Looks beasty. I love it. And the frequency of the updates
                                Thanks have been flat out working on it lately, because I can't drive it all I can do is work on it haha

Comment

Working...
                                X