No announcement yet.

That Base DC5 {Timmy_B}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will aim to get a video up within the coming weeks. Is there anything in particular you want to see?
    0-100km? 2 gear pulls? 6th gear cruising?

I'll most likely mount my go pro onto the dash, so you can see the cluster rather than trying to make out speed listening to the exhaust note.

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
      Will aim to get a video up within the coming weeks. Is there anything in particular you want to see?
      0-100km? 2 gear pulls? 6th gear cruising?

I'll most likely mount my go pro onto the dash, so you can see the cluster rather than trying to make out speed listening to the exhaust note.
      just 1st and gear gear. Not really fussed about 6th and cruising speeds.

Comment

Will do champ! Give me a few weeks as I'm pretty slow with this stuff :]

Comment

been a looooooooooooong time since this was updated.
          I will have an update up hopefully end of next week if all goes to plan.

Comment

Nice, looking forward to it!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Just read this thread from start to finish. The amount of work put into this beast is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                Just read this thread from start to finish. The amount of work put into this beast is amazing!
                Thanks for taking the time to read it all.

So I am looooong over due for an update.

I will be updating this thread during the week when I get a chance because I am so far behind...
                But for now. Part 1:

Lets start at March this year.
                The car had done about 2000kms since the K24 went in. Everything was going well.
                Took the car down to Luke's workshop and we went over the car and made a list of things to fix and improve.

One item on the list was my Spoon header.
                Since I bought the header, it had an exhaust leak. Before the K24 was in, I found a hair line crack under one of the welds in the primary tubes.
                I had this re tig welded and thought it would fix the issue.
                the exhaust leak was still there.
                This time I have removed the header and found that there is 2 more hair line cracks in other primaries. I got Luke to call in some favors and before I knew it we had the header being assessed for damage. We found that the main flange was warped, hence causing stress on primaries when it is bolted to the block.
                Then they were passed on to someone who re tig welded inside and out on all primary tubes. Then onto another guy who milled the flange flat and corrected the warp.
                So greatful to have had so much help getting this all done.

Comment

noiceeeee
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Part 2:
                    So I had taken the car off the road again. This time just to focus on those things that I had on my list to complete.
                    The joys of doing everything in your own garage on your own time does take its toll. So many time i just felt like things would have been easier to hand over the keys to someone else and get it all done. But I continued to see things through.

Just before my wedding in April, I caught up with my Mum and Dad for lunch, while Dad and I got some time to catch up, he asked me "what do you want out of the car? what do you want to achieved and what are you willing to do to get there?"
                    Made me think long and hard about how much I have done over the years. In what seems like a blink of an eye can really make you change perspectives.
                    My answer was simple, "to enjoy the opportunity I have to be able to do these things. To look at the bigger picture and push the car to the best i possibly can"
                    I some what feel that I have always been a bit of an underdog in life. Especially with the car stuff as well, although I am lucky to have many so many long life friends through a common interest, There is always a side of me that thinks 'people dont approve'. So trying to overcome maybe a false sense of 'approval' I made the decision to push this further then I would have imagined.
                    With some motivation and determination, I will be aiming for next years NSW time attack. Realistically, I dont have the budget or mechanical engineering behind me to even get close to the those crazy lap time they achieved this year, but I will doing this for my own purpose. If all goes well, then maybe one day WTAC clubsprint. But lets not get too far ahead just yet.

(for those who didn't read above, just read from here)

With the car off the road, I got to work on my list and put in some long hours.

Starting with rear wiper delete. Not the biggest update but it was a start LOL

I needed some more space and a work bench, PERFECT

Cleaned up big time and found some stuff I forgot I had.

Next on the list was to increase tyre width. Ended up spending about 3 hours with a good mate of mine punching some numbers with the overall future setup with gearing and looking at advantages of running a wider front tyre.
                    A 245/40 is going to be my best front tyre choice in the long run. With this and knowing how my current fronts sat with a 235/40 tyre we had look at increasing guard width. Looking at WTAC rules and regulations, ending up keeping OEM fenders and spacing them out another 30mm.

Comment

Spaced out fender looks good! Going to run with pretty minimal camber?

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                        Spaced out fender looks good! Going to run with pretty minimal camber?
                        Thanks Matt.
                        Going to run with current setup and get some data on tyre temps. I'd say that i will have to dial it back just a bit. I want consistant temps all over the tyre.

Comment

Looking good Timmy, great to see that goal of WTAC in mind keep pushing on
                          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                          NSEX

Comment

Where did you source 235/40 tyres? the spaced fenders look awesome, maaybe i should try it

I am currently running 245/40 and they are more expensive and harder to source. I will probably go to 235/45 next time.

How do you like the spoon headers? im considering custom made, spoon, mugen or toda lol.

Keep up with the updates!
                            Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

235/40 are dunlop direzza z1's. but z2's are out for awhile now!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Sweet update. Keep it up Timmy!!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X