Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    never replaced them.
    Me either. The rear rotors on my car are original. If they are cracking though then perhaps it is time to change them, a rotor failure on track would put a dampener on your day.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      yeah, so the 'brake bias' is totally affected by the cars weight distribution too!

on a track spec DC2 with weight reduction you move it very far forward, but this gives it its fantastic 'rotational' ability.

personally, i love this and i can control it with my right foot - either when braking or accelerating...

but by changing the brake pads, you are not going to change how "lift off oversteer" occurs - are you? the only way to get on top of this is practice...

you must take the good with the bad, however, wheel alignment, suspension settings and tyre type can also play a part in the 'violence' that you have reported...
      your right, because technically increasing front pad coefficient still means the rear braking force stays the same.

such other factors you mentioned i suspected to be the real issues all along: tire type ( recently upgraded to stickier), wheel alignment (more rear camber) and sussy settings (unknown setting on dampers that came with car). I will investigate in other threads...

anyways thanks for your feedback confirming the tail happiness of the DC2R, it truly is such a magnificent car.

Will update after track day on performance of PROJECT MU SPEC B pads
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Anybody had experience with acre super fighter pads?

Spec B's are going to take too long from RHDjapan
        Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

I've got acre superfighter pads on my DC5S. Perfect for aggressive street setup IMO. Brakes noticeably harder than stock, not noisy at all and easy on rotors. Warms up quite quickly from cold start.

Brake dust buildup is clearly more than stock but is controllable and nowhere near as severe as more track suitable pads.

Don't need anything harder than this for street IMO. If you're continuously tracking, it might be a different story.

Comment

which combo do you reckon is better? track/street
            dixcel HS rotors and type r pads or
            endless slotted rotor and ccrg pads

consider that the endless rotors are twice the cost of dixcel. also im worried abt the 200 min temp for the dixcel pads..should i be?
            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
            Flickr
            my car blog - Have a read
            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post

consider that the endless rotors are twice the cost of dixcel. also im worried abt the 200 min temp for the dixcel pads..should i be?
              Got a link for these Dixcel Type R pads, or did you mean Endless Type R? I wouldn't worry about using a pad rated for a minimum temp of 200° on the street, you just have to be cautious. I wouldn't do it in a daily driver though. If I were in your position I'd just get a plain DBA street rotor and try a non Japanese pad like the Ferodo DS2500 or the Hawk series of pads.

I am using Hawk DTC-60 and DTC-30 on the CR-X but I can't honestly recommend them yet because I haven't done a full pace session on them due to the problems I was having with the cooling system. I will report back once I have worn through the first set.

Comment

^these pads with these rotors
                or should i go with these pads?
                my car gets used 1-2 times per week so not sure if it can be considered a daily...
                Flickr

Comment

^ that's hardcore!

i'm thinking of getting the Type SD rotors and Type M pads, but my car gets used much more than 1-2 times per week.. lol

ps is 0-500c temp good enough for track?!
                  Last edited by danielj; 14-10-11, 06:53 PM.

Comment

just to confirm guys,

rear s2k pads = dc5 rear pads right?
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

^these pads with these rotors
                      or should i go with these pads?
                      my car gets used 1-2 times per week so not sure if it can be considered a daily...
                      ok..so ive managed to find a set of endless slotted rotors that might fit in my budget so now im deciding between:
                      1. endless curving slotted rotors and ccrg/mx72 pads (the ccrg is more aggressive, higher temp range and smaller friction range..but ive used the mx72 before so i know what it feels like)
                      2. dixcel heat treated slotted rotor and type z pads (the type ra1 pads arent recommended for slotted rotors)
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        just to confirm guys,

rear s2k pads = dc5 rear pads right?
                        Both Project Mu and Ferodo list the same pad shape for both so yeah they should be the same, I have never ordered pads for an S2000 and fitted them to a DC5 though. The OEM part numbers and pad compound are different though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          Both Project Mu and Ferodo list the same pad shape for both so yeah they should be the same, I have never ordered pads for an S2000 and fitted them to a DC5 though. The OEM part numbers and pad compound are different though.
                          Top one said they will fit. Will report back tomorrow when i hire the services of byp
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Just to confirm guys,

S2k Rear pads are perfect fit for DC5 (all type's) rear.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                              ^ that's hardcore!

i'm thinking of getting the Type SD rotors and Type M pads, but my car gets used much more than 1-2 times per week.. lol

ps is 0-500c temp good enough for track?!

On the rear, 0-500 will be more than enough, but on the front I would be looking at 0-700+ if you can. I can upload pics of what my EG did to Project Mu B-spec pads after a track day at Winton to show 0-500 on the front is no good.
                              Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                              Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                              Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                              Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

I found this a while back. Not 100% sure how accurate it is, but should give those a good indication where PMU pads sit. Doesn't really help when you're comparing brands though, but it's a start.

Comment

Working...
                                X