No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Mu B spec are a good spirited street pad.

I am using Bendix Ultimate in my ute at the moment and they are noisy as hell
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
      Thanks for the reply guys. Where do you guys buy the brake pads from? I found this website that sells most the brands you guys listed but I have no idea how to search for the right one...

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/brake...rake-pads.html
      i ordered mine from them over the phone. nice guys too. came in a few days. they had about 4 or 5 choices for dc5s

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
        i ordered mine from them over the phone. nice guys too. came in a few days. they had about 4 or 5 choices for dc5s
        Cool, I'll probably call them up and get the remsa one too. Don't want any noisy pads, do you have the exact model for the pad?

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          I actually disagree. When i upgraded my missus dc5 to type r front set up. It had oem rotors and bendix ultimate pads. And the stopping distance / bite was miles apart in comparison to the ds2500
          I've never used the ds2500, but from what I'm aware is is a much sportier pad, for light track work and etc. The bendix are strictly a street pad and considering price and dust levels I've always found them really good. I would expect nothing less than the ds2500 to be a lot bitier. Horses for courses.

Comment

Hey guys, I've recently installed the Project MU HC+ on my brembos and they are squealing really bad (was fine for the first few hundred kms). I even bought the anti squeal pads that project mu sells which did absolutely NOTHING. The guys at "TOP one" told me if it still squeals, I should try getting the rotors machined. But before I waste anymore coin, does anyone else have the same problem with these pads and a way to stop the squealing?
            Last edited by LiteX; 22-01-15, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I've had these same pads on my HC+ as well and they have always squealed loudly. Hasn't been an issue personally and I don't notice any problems with it on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                I've had these same pads on my HC+ as well and they have always squealed loudly. Hasn't been an issue personally and I don't notice any problems with it on the track.
                When loud I mean even with windows shut its LOUD, stopping at the lights and never turned so many heads before (in a bad way LOL). Probably sounds like a truck stopping.

Comment

I'm using the HC+ in my S2000 and the brakes do not squeal at all. I suggest that you get your brake rotors machined if the noise is that bad. Problem is you should have machined it as soon as you got the new brake pads installed, which means your brake pads might be unevenly worn.

It's suggested that when new brake pads are installed the rotors should be machined to give a flat even surface for the whole pad to be bedded in properly for maximum contact and perhaps quietness.
                  1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                    I'm using the HC+ in my S2000 and the brakes do not squeal at all. I suggest that you get your brake rotors machined if the noise is that bad. Problem is you should have machined it as soon as you got the new brake pads installed, which means your brake pads might be unevenly worn.

It's suggested that when new brake pads are installed the rotors should be machined to give a flat even surface for the whole pad to be bedded in properly for maximum contact and perhaps quietness.
                    Okay so if i machined the rotor, and the brake pads are unevenly worn. Will it warp the rotor again?

Comment

You should be okay, just make sure the brake pads are bedded in properly after you machine it and hopefully the noise goes away.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I would sand pads on grid 1500 on even surface, ensure they are even prior put on.

Comment

Are you trolling or being serious? 1,500 Grit sand paper on your brake pads?

Comment

Lol... Yeh, I am serious. I got this tip from the guy who machine my prelude brake rotor. Initially, my reaction was ... R u serious... And he said, are you serious to put your brake rotor to my machine that eat your disc metal... All we want to make the rotor surface even out, knowing that we will loose some thickness. That same principle apply for the pad. I thought it sound logical, I use this every time I machine the rotor and reuse the pads. Worked great. Btw, What is wrong with 1500 grit. Too fine ? You will see your pad uneven very quickly. Sand it lightly, carefully, until pad surface even out. The end result that the pad surface are smoother than the machined rotor. Obviously, need to clean with brake cleaner afterward.

Otherwise, put the old pads on which may or may not even out, or get new pads... Lol.
                            Last edited by spacemaster; 23-01-15, 11:06 PM.

Comment

The HC+ always have the noise issue which is quiet common. I had that on my DC5R before but never an issue when it comes to stopping the car properly. As mention above machine your rotor 1st then put pads on hopefully it will lower the noise.
                              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                              1)ブレーキを踏む
                              2)クラッチを切る
                              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                                アクセルをぶかす
                              4)クラッチをつなぐ
                              :blah:
                              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Working...
                              X