Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Didz View Post
    Sweet as! thanks!
    You can also afford to go a more aggressive compound in the front compared with the back on the AUDM DC5R.
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Originally posted by vtec-NA.th View Post
      Anyone have any experience with Endless SSS pads?
      Type: Endless SSS (0-400?)
      Car: 1600 EG6 - Well, EG5 Converted (Who cares :-p)
      Application: Street/track
      Fluid: Motul RBF600
      Price: About $500 all corners.

1 years on and plenty of hard track sessions (10 track sessions so far) but still going strong (Plenty of meat left - I think it will last into the next supersprint season as well) and hardly any wear on the Rotors which still look newish.

Could be dusty but I don't really notice it, actually may not be that dusty, I haven't washed my track rims in all those sessions and it doesn't look too bad....but it performs really well. Never had any brake fade on the track and infact, the car is way overbraked easily locking up the wheels even on Semis... :-p

Yeah, very good pads and no complaints.
      MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I will be getting new brake pads soon and will also be changing the front rotors while keeping the rears standard. Should i get the rear rotors machined?

Comment

Originally posted by TyPaR View Post
          I will be getting new brake pads soon and will also be changing the front rotors while keeping the rears standard. Should i get the rear rotors machined?
          i too am thinking the same. help neone?
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

depends on the condition, but it would not hurt getting a light skim, even if they look OK...
            ... retired/

Comment

Guys i wanted opinions on pricing.

Just got in touch wwith race brakes with the ffollowing prices

Endless Type R - 595
              CCX - 625
              DS2500 - 490
              DBA 4000 front only - 265 p/side
              Motul brake fluid - $29

He recommended the endless range, what do you guys tthink? are the prices ok? i want to start tracking more but its predominantly a street car

Comment

you can get better prices than those, for example from USA.

DBA 4000 are excellent discs.

for street and track DS2500 is fine.

infact i just finished a season of Supersprints using DBA4000 front discs + DS2500 pads all round. probly used 1/4 of the pad and the disc surface is no warped...
                ... retired/

Comment

Dave can you post up some good sites for brake pads from the US, and Rotors ?
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

I got quoted for DBA4000 for my DC2R at $198 each from Compfriction here in Canberra.

I am currently using Endless CC-X with them and have had no problems so far at all.

Comment

200 for DBA4000 is a good rpice, autobarn quoted me 300 a side.

Is there anywhere is Sydney that does that price ?
                      /Oo ___H___ oO\
                      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i have confirmed that price too... will order shortly

Comment

Zilli are you ordering from the guys in Canberra ? Wanna order two sets and ill pick one up off you ? Save on shipping. Your in roseville yeah ?
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

In my opinion, all the CC-X and whatever hi temp race pads are unnecessary and a waste of money for under 150kw or daily driver cars with the occasional track days.

I'm just using Endless SSS, and they've lasted me a whole year of Supersprints and Track days and there's still more than 1/2 Left.

Ran 10 continuous...hard laps at Wakefield and no fade at all...

Just my opinion.

Comment

do they give you the same bite as the high temp pads?

What about the ferodos?

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                                do they give you the same bite as the high temp pads?

What about the ferodos?
                                Well, I was never wanting for brakes, in fact, most of the time was over-braked - i.e. have to control the pedal really hard cause the brakes kept locking up.

Comment

Working...
                                X