• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBF600 by Motul

http://www.motul.com.au/product_line.../others04.html
    ... retired/

Comment

Almost all the Melbourne boys here use Penrite Sin. Much cheaper alternative to the RBF600 and seems to hold out just as well on track.

This just prompted me to give a review of the DS3000.

Costing at just $261 (from the group buy) its very good value for this type of class of pad, compared to my previous pad PMU Level 500 max which from memory is about mid 300ish. Bit of a poor comparasion I know, since one pad was bought from a GB and the other wasn't.

When I initially put the pad in the screeching was REALLY bad. The PMU previously sounded like there was a bitch screaming from the front wheels but this pad sounded there was a whole CHOIR of them screaming. I was seriously considering changing to a more street friendly pad due to this and put the DS3000 back on when I go to track but luckily after two weeks the screeching died down.

The intial cold braking is decent and should be no danger to anyone unless you go hard from go. Street wise the pad feels much like the PMU and brake dust wise, I can't really tell that well since I have black rims. From memory the DS2500 was really bad with brake dust but back then I had lighter coloured rims so it was more noticable.

On track the DS3000 didn't take much to heat up and get started and I felt the braking power wasn't that much differenet to the PMU Lvl 500 Max. No problems with brake fade as well. The biggest difference I felt was the initial bite. The Lvl 500's initial bite felt much more firm which inspired alot more confidence then the DS3000 did.

I will probaly try another pad next or go back to the PMU Lvl 500 Max.

Comment

My last front set of Project Mu Level Max 500s cost me a grand total of $190, you are shopping at the wrong places .

+1 for RBF600.

Comment

we use castrol fluid. $9 a bottle.
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
            we use castrol fluid. $9 a bottle.
            yeahhhhhh $9 red castrol bottle FTW

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              My last front set of Project Mu Level Max 500s cost me a grand total of $190, you are shopping at the wrong places .

+1 for RBF600.
              Or maybe I remembered wrong. haha

I think the 300ish was actually for front and back.

Comment

Whats an upgrade to the DS2500?
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

DS3000 or the plus 03

castrol seem like they have a good range of fluids. ranging from the edge for engine oil, brake fluid and also syntrax for gbox..

how mcuh is that rbf stuff selling these days?
                  Last edited by zco; 20-02-09, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zco View Post
                    DS3000 or the plus 03

castrol seem like they have a good range of fluids. ranging from the edge for engine oil, brake fluid and also syntrax for gbox..

how mcuh is that rbf stuff selling these days?
                    RBF600 seems to be around the $30-35 mark retail depending on where you shop. I am sure it could be had cheaper somewhere.

If you are baller you could try Castrol SRF fluid, its wet boiling point far exceeds most fluids and its dry boiling point is very high too. Approaching $100 for a litre though.

Comment

damnn that sounds nasty.. rbf bottles of 500ml ? or 1L

Comment

500ml
                        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Brand: EBC red
                          Car: Honda 96 JDM DC2R
                          Application: Mainly Hard Street/ Occasional track
                          Price: Honestly can't remember
                          Comments: While bedding in they felt good but after that the pedal feel was significatly spoungier. substantial amount of dust considering manufacture claims low dust. under hard street use the pad does feel a little spoungy however the always seem to pull up they just require heavy braking. brake fluid used is still OEM honda which may have caused some of the soft pedal feel however EBC greenstuff's with the silver catrol response fuild and braided lines produced same results. next pad to try out will be QFM pad as a friend used them in his sprinter and i was quite impressed as they are quite cheap too
                          When a man see the tarmac he feel it gorgeous senual and essentiall to hit the joyful apex. that's a R

Comment

Car: Honda Dc5R
                            Application: Street/ Track
                            Price: $160
                            Comments: Bed in well, for street they bite quite a bit harder than oem however the dust is quite high despite the claims by EBC.
                            For track they took a lap and a bit to warm up correctly but when they did, i was able to go the whole session without any fade. No spongy feeling either (this could be due to the fact that i used quality oil, RBF600).
                            I would consider using them again however i am still keen to try other brands.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                              Car: Honda Dc5R
                              Application: Street/ Track
                              Price: $160
                              Comments: Bed in well, for street they bite quite a bit harder than oem however the dust is quite high despite the claims by EBC.
                              For track they took a lap and a bit to warm up correctly but when they did, i was able to go the whole session without any fade. No spongy feeling either (this could be due to the fact that i used quality oil, RBF600).
                              I would consider using them again however i am still keen to try other brands.
                              EBC Red pretty dusty though not as bad as the Greens. EBC Yellows are great for low dust, and the dust hoses off easily too. EBC black isnt bad for dust either though dark dust and more dust than the yellows.

Speaking of keen to try other brands, having had good results with EBC yellows and DS2500 I'm really keen to try the Bendix SRT pads and Race pads. The SRT are meant to be in between DS2500 and DS3000 and the race is meant to be more hard core than DS3000 but sadly they dont offer for our cars in DB1206 pattern despite the popularity of our cars.

I even enquired about the chance of future release and been told done, but they are willing to make a batch for orders of 10 sets.
                              Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Brand: ACRE Formula Titan 0-850 degrees plus Titanium Brake Shims
                                Car : Honda S2000
                                Application : Street/Track

Comments: Excellent pedal feel. Not sure whether its due to the shims or pads as I put them both in at the same time. Pads have a superb bite right from cold start. Bedding in didn't take too long. On track, very consistent braking with totally no brake fade. The shims may have contributed to this as well with better heat shielding.

Pads bite better than the Ferodos 2500 imo but the downside is the noise they make. Very squealy even after applying permatex brake quiet. Another downside is the brake dust generated is not easy to wash off.

Highly recommended for street/track application if you don't mind the squeals and dust.

Comment

Working...
                                X