No announcement yet.

Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

souljah - interesting u heard goodyear f1 gsd3's were better than dl sport maxx's, i thought the general consensus here was the f1's are not that good.
    i have the dl sport maxx's in 205/40 zr17 and find them so far to be very good, as good in terms of outright grip as my previous YH es100's, and just as good on turn in and feel.
    vtecmachine - i had yh a539's originally and found them to be pretty average compared to subsequent tires (yh es100's, dl sport maxx, and obviously not as good as bs re55s but thats a different category).
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

oh yeah not saying they were Great! hehehe... but yeah out of the 3 tires I have tried... they were Sweeettttt...

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

hey guys, does anyone know if there are problems running 225 tyres for the DC5S? im almost certain it would fit with no problems at all, but just wanted to clarify. thanks

Comment

Bridgestone RE55S

I got the softest type of these tires...

Let me be blunt...

6-7000km till you hit the belt...

I've been through seven sets of these since i bought the car... 40k km so far since new

Road tires, no matter which ones, feel like you're driving on ice compared to these!

In the wet they are just as good as normal road tires.... in the dry... pure SEX!!!

No matter how hard you push the car, it is VERY HARD to reach the end of their grip, and they dont suddenly let go and slide, you start to hear them rip and tear on the bitumen before they reach the end of their grip.

No squealing, just slight wheelspin when launching at 6500rpm

I'm yet to try other semi's, I have my eye on the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, but the Bridgestone's are THAT good i dont want to try them just in case i regret it.

I would honestly NEVER go back to using ANY normal road tire after using these. (although i just destroyed some Yokahamas i put on my car when i was about to trade my car in for a Lotus Exige last Christmas, but that fell through when i got disqualified and then jailed for driving disqualified )

$300 a pop aprox. for 16's

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
            ... I have my eye on the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, but the Bridgestone's are THAT good i dont want to try them just in case i regret it.

$300 a pop aprox. for 16's
            I'm the oppsite to you... I want to try the RE55's.
            I'm using the Pilot Sport Cup, for the Super Sprint this year.
            VERY grippy tire (of course) but soft like a good Motorbike tyre.

$250 each for '15's.
            Last edited by OZ-227; 19-04-07, 04:43 AM.
            sigpic
            B.L.A.T Racing.
            Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

What is the most slickest(if thats a word) road legal tyres?
              I want to get some forged rims 17" but what is the widest i can fit on my dc5s i know 8.5 fits but is that the widest
              Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                souljah - interesting u heard goodyear f1 gsd3's were better than dl sport maxx's, i thought the general consensus here was the f1's are not that good.
                Regarding the GS-D3's there are actually two types..

There are the Thai made ones which are regarded as crap and the German made ones which have been the ones used to clean up most yre awards in the past coupel of years..

From experience the German made ones are very good and the Thai ones are mediocre.
                David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

new bridgestone is out, the Potenza Adrenalin RE001
                  http://www.bridgestone.com.au/corpor...647article.asp

edit:
                  "Some sizes in the Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001 range will be manufactured at
                  Bridgestone’s Salisbury facility in South Australia with the balance of the product being produced in
                  Japan."
                  Last edited by K.C.; 26-05-07, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I'm might be looking for new tyres for my DC2R any recommendation? 195/55/15R or 205/45/15R ? Can anyone point out the main difference in performance between these two tyre sizes.

Comment

The new RE001 tyre looks good imo.

they do a 195/55/15 and a 205/50/15 but not 205/45/16
                      instead they have 205/50/16 which kinda sux

http://www.bridgestonetyre.com.my/website/RE001.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
                        I'm might be looking for new tyres for my DC2R any recommendation? 195/55/15R or 205/45/15R ? Can anyone point out the main difference in performance between these two tyre sizes.
                        I'd just stick with manufacturer recommendations.

Comment

im gonna give the RE001 a try... will be out next month... which is soon...
                          http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by supernatural View Post
                            im gonna give the RE001 a try... will be out next month... which is soon...
                            Let us know how it goes

Comment

Whats the best street tyre out there ? I'm wanting to take my car to the track on the street tyres before i get some semis. A lot of people have different prefences, i just wanted to know what was the closet tyre i can get say to... the RE01R.

Comment

apparently Yokohama S-drives are good... can any1 confirm this ??

i currently got Yokohama C-drives and they are really good.. will do me good till i can afford semi's (need new tyres)
                                RWD + Boost =

Comment

Working...
                                X