Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.falkentire.com/rt615_sizes.html

RT615 come in 205/40/17 84W just how you like it.. not sure on price an availability here in OZ...

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      chuck - why not 205/50's, is it the 6in rim? i guess so...
      I had Falken rt215 205/50 on stock 15x6 and the steering felt wooly and lost sharpness etc. But mid-corner grip was great. So I'm happy to stick with 195 for street because I don't go that hard and prefer that sharp feel.

As for track... still haven't decided. 195/50 lowers you by 1 cm, is lighter, lowers gearing slightly and is cheaper. 205 should have more grip. Not sure if will really matter in the end... I still need to drive better!
      http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post
        I had Falken rt215 205/50 on stock 15x6 and the steering felt wooly and lost sharpness etc. But mid-corner grip was great. So I'm happy to stick with 195 for street because I don't go that hard and prefer that sharp feel.

As for track... still haven't decided. 195/50 lowers you by 1 cm, is lighter, lowers gearing slightly and is cheaper. 205 should have more grip. Not sure if will really matter in the end... I still need to drive better!
        wow... i have never driven my car with 195's (Stock rims)... so you say 205/50 makes the steering wooly.. well i shall definately be trying 195's next time (RT215's if i can get them still)

Comment

Syz - i thought DC2 was 84V minimum load rating?

or is the DC2R lower at 83V as it is slightly lighter chassis?
          ... retired/

Comment

i think ur right tinks 84V. still that means all those i mentioned are ok..
            gotta call that adelaide radial tyre co re: the rt615's..
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
              wow... i have never driven my car with 195's (Stock rims)... so you say 205/50 makes the steering wooly.. well i shall definately be trying 195's next time (RT215's if i can get them still)
              lol how many times did i tell you?!

Comment

mm..just did a bit more research..

seems yokohama have discontinued the AVS ES100. replaced by AdriveR1 (aka AR01), which is apparently not as high-performing but basically the same in price.. ~$260ea
                toyo still have the T1R which a few of u guys are using, and it seems pretty much all of u rate them highly.. ~$280ea
                and dunlop have the sp sport maxx, which is apparently higher up in performance range than direzza dz101's and basically their flagship street tyre.. ~$230

mm..

think i'm gunna go for the dunlop's..

(edit: just realized i'm whoring this thread..yikes 3 posts in a row. soz!)

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                  lol how many times did i tell you?!

a few but you were not convincing enough

i promise.. 195's for the next set

though he did say the 205's gave better mid corner grip...

Comment

anyone know what prices for 215/45/R17 in brissie for the following?

Goodyear F1 GSD3

Dunlop Sport MAXX

heard that the s03 is over-rated and was recommended these instead

Comment

Not the exact size you are after but for 225/45/ R17

I got quoted around $310 for both the Goodyear F1 GSD3 and the same for the Dunlop Sport Maxx. That was a couple of weeks ago.

This was at the Quickfit on Kessels road.

Comment

If same price, definitely get the Sport Maxx...

Comment

oh ok, was there a reason you prefer the maxx?

read in a magazine awhile ago and they rated pretty much the same. maxx came up on top overall though from memory. but only slightly

Comment

Originally posted by SouLjAh View Post
                            oh ok, was there a reason you prefer the maxx?

read in a magazine awhile ago and they rated pretty much the same. maxx came up on top overall though from memory. but only slightly
                            Even though I haven't used the Maxx but from my previous experience, the GSD3's had a lot of road noise for just a street tyre...I made the switch from these to T1Rs and those had much less road noise so

Comment

found this link while i was searching online.. ranks the tyres etc..hope it helps

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=MP

Comment

Feedback from anyone who's tried the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 for street use?
                                j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
                                Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
                                faijai: rg + awp = gg
                                hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
                                rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X