Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R123 View Post
    thanks for the kind input there mate.

Looks like RE001 has got pretty good feedback in general. Oh well, the oem tyre for dc5 is also RE series too so i am not surprised about that.

ok, can i ask one further question, if you have to choose AD07 or RE001 and cost factor is not included. Street use only, grip over noise. What will be your choice?
    AD07 . It is a grippier tyre if the cost isn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      AD07 . It is a grippier tyre if the cost isn't an issue.
      +1
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
        +1
        Didn't know you've used the AD07 before Justin. Is that what you are using now?

Comment

thanks for ChargeR!

Will a 17/7.5 rim fits with a size 225 tyre ? Or you reckon 215 is wide enough...?

Comment

SSR Type C 17x7.5, using Toyo R1R 215/45/17

what pressure is the most suitable for street use?
            '03 Integra DC5 Type R
            Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
            Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
            Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

34kpa?

guys, any thoughts on the altenzo tires new on the shelf at the beginning of this month or so i heard. tread pattern looks alright. since its new, they are only going for $140 a pop for 225/45/17
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

KU36 bang for buck tyre!.... Done over 15 000km on them plus 3 full track days on them. IMO better then old used semi slicks. Manage a easy 1.09's in fairly stock evo.
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Do KU36's come in 19 55 15?

Comment

Just a questions regarding tires.... If the tires are not worn evenly, im assuming it would cause the car to wonder whilst attempting to drive in a straight line yes?
                    and as a result, that would cause the steering wheel to sit slanted to negate the uneven tyre wear in order to drive straight correct?
                    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Hey guys looking at some tyres for my DC2R at the moment. Just curious as to what people are using and are happy with.. At the moment I have Potenza G3's. Looking for something around the same or better for street use only. For standard 195/55/15 Rims.

Been ringing around heaps of places around my area (northern beaches). Heaps of low end crap like Goodyear Assurance ($140ea) Pirelli P6 ($169ea) Continental Contact 2 ($205ea) and found the new michelin pilot sport 3 for($245ea). Also Toyo T1R for $190 ea, snd R1R I think was $210.

Any help would be great, thx guys..
                      Last edited by DC2R; 18-05-10, 04:18 PM.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        Hey guys looking at some tyres for my DC2R at the moment. Just curious as to what people are using and are happy with.. At the moment I have Potenza G3's. Looking for something around the same or better for street use only. For standard 195/55/15 Rims.

Been ringing around heaps of places around my area (northern beaches). Heaps of low end crap like Goodyear Assurance ($140ea) Pirelli P6 ($169ea) Continental Contact 2 ($205ea) and found the new michelin pilot sport 3 for($245ea). Also Toyo T1R for $190 ea, snd R1R I think was $210.

What tyre specs are you looking at getting?

Comment

DUnno man, something high performance..

Quote:
                          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post

you haven't heard of bridgestone adrenalin re001? they are an upgrade to the g3's... very good bang for buck tyres... i found that they could be better in the wet but in the dry they're excellent street tyres.

Comment

I have heard of them.. Apparently the toyo R1R are of a similar performance?

How much are the RE001's roughly for 195/55/15 ?

Quote:

Comment

I got my RE001's roughly $140 each I think 195/55/15... they have these specials sometimes so shop around. 195/50 profile even cheaper at about $120.

I used Toyo T1R before the RE001's and I can say the Toyo's felt stickier, especially in the wet. But having said that, the RE001's are pretty close, if not, on par with the T1R's. And due to being so sticky, the T1R didn't last me that long. RE001's look like they'll last me quite a while more...

Comment

Working...
                                X