No announcement yet.

Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

595-ss are street tyres, no wonder they didnt hold up.

RS-R's are good, Yoko ad08r's are better (I purchased from overseas, DemonTweeks in the uk)

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
      I'm interested in the S001 aswell, how well do they run? I currently have re002 on my rear but I think my front tyres need replacing as well.
      They are alot stiffer than KU36, i had KU36 before S001.
      Grip is pretty good, went bobbinhead and floored it, but i havent tried and hard turns in the rain yet =D
      i bought it when it was buy 3 get 1 free, paid $660 fitted n balanced =) score!
      AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
        They are alot stiffer than KU36, i had KU36 before S001.
        Grip is pretty good, went bobbinhead and floored it, but i havent tried and hard turns in the rain yet =D
        i bought it when it was buy 3 get 1 free, paid $660 fitted n balanced =) score!
        That is such a good deal, I just purchased two tyres before that deal popped up =/.

Comment

looking at getting some z214's since they're a decent price off tire rack. Couldn't find any reviews on it in here through search
          www.flickr.com/andhey
          http://ohitsandy.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by epdrew View Post
            looking at getting some z214's since they're a decent price off tire rack. Couldn't find any reviews on it in here through search
            Don't think you can get Hankook tyres from tirerack shipped to Australia anymore, but you might get lucky!

Comment

Look on the US forums for reviews of the Hankooks too. Most of the reviews I've seen suggest maybe a bit less performance than a Hoosier but probably longer life. Not a tyre I'd recommend if you're just starting out at track days though.

Comment

i've had a look at the RS-R and I think I'd rather get something with rain grooves, just incase as ill be running the tyres on the street for a bit as well. ad08's and bridgestones are well out of my price range. Haha

Comment

For street tyres I think the Potenza Re002 are pretty good. I got them for $169(fitted) a corner at Jax Tyres.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new set of rims. The specs are 17x8 +32 offset. Will my current 215/45/17 tyres fit them? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                      Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new set of rims. The specs are 17x8 +32 offset. Will my current 215/45/17 tyres fit them? Thanks
                      Yeah they will for fine.

Depending on which tyre it is, 225/45 KU36 on my 8 inch gave me flat side walls.

215/45 tyres gave my stock 7 inch wide wheels a flat side wall look.

You will have no problem fitting 215/45 on the 8 inch
                      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                        Yeah they will for fine.

Depending on which tyre it is, 225/45 KU36 on my 8 inch gave me flat side walls.

215/45 tyres gave my stock 7 inch wide wheels a flat side wall look.

You will have no problem fitting 215/45 on the 8 inch
                        Using potenza S001 for front and re002 for rear. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Does anyone here by any chance have experience with Nitto NT01 semi slick tyres?

Considerably cheaper than the Z221's and A050's and reviews say they're okay but would be awesome to hear some feedback from members within.
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
                          X