Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, in this thread...

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...4&postcount=11 - at bottom under arii

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...5&postcount=13

To quote myself
    "Don't get Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. I have them, good tyre but squeal too much and not quite enough grip. Not bad, just not sure why people rate them so highly."
    http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

getting sport maxx's 205/40 zr17 84W next week, will let u guys know what i think, in particular vs the YH ES100's ..
      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

sould i be going for 195/55/15 or the 205/50/15's just daily use
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

If stock rim 15x6 rim, I think the 195 feel much more direct than 205. With daily use you don't need extra grip as much as you need good direct steering and accurate feedback.
          http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

got the sport maxx's today, in the 205/40 17. compared to the es100 they seem to have a more rounded shoulder vs squarer shoulder on the yoko's, and deeper tread.also more grooves in the tyre (less 'sporty' look).
            anyway i have also played around with my suspension setup to reduce rear height by ~3mm and getting realigned for less aggressive settings (my last tyres lasted about 10,000kms!).
            review to come..
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Anybody know when are the bridgestone RE-01R coming out for aus if ever?

Comment

Continental Sports Contact 2

I purchased these tyres on the weekend and they are simply amazing...

After experiencing these tyres u understand why all the top of the line performance cars use them such as the Audi RS4, BMW M5 and Porsche 911 Turbo

They are nearly as good as semi's :P hehehe

Compared to my old falken tyres.... the car doesnt get wheel spin as easy or squeel around corners as much (and yes i had correct tyre pressures with old tyres aswell :P)

The car feels more stirdy which gives u more confidence wile driving and makes u feel more safe :P

im really sh1ty at reviews lol, hehehe... but all i can say is that next time u are buying tyres consider the conti's they would be the best tyres on the market
                RWD + Boost =

Comment

price pls
                  http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Your probably looking at around $230 per tyre... im not 100% sure though

But thats for a 17" 205/45 tyre......

Calling ur local Tyre seller would be ur best bet....
                    RWD + Boost =

Comment

hey guys, beaurepairs have 15% off the dunlop MAXX, til end of march. I was told that the goodyear F1 GSD3 is slightly better performance but MAXX is quieter and gets a bit more mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by SouLjAh View Post
                        hey guys, beaurepairs have 15% off the dunlop MAXX, til end of march.
                        So where'd you hear/see this from?

Comment

theres ads on tv, so i saw it and rung up. and the guy says its valid til end of march. its on the website as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan View Post
                            Compared to my old falken tyres.... the car doesnt get wheel spin as easy or squeel around corners as much (and yes i had correct tyre pressures with old tyres aswell :P)
                            what falkens did you have?

Comment

Roden: You have 17's on a civic? You get wheel spin in the dry, in a Civic Vti auto?

Welllll.... here's my review about the all so mighty Toyo T1R's.

1) My previous tires on my standard rims, were Yokohama A539 (or something like that, later replaced by C-drives) which I loved to bits. They had a nice firm sidewall, great tread pattern, were awsome in wet and dry. Although were slightly noisey compared to C-drives. All I can say is, it's a damn shame they stopped making them. They were 195/55/R15, 40 PSI front, 38 PSI rear (LOL, don't comment on my choice of tire pressure, they work for me).

2) Yokohama C-drive's... Nice street tires.Very quiet. Lasted quite some time, had them on for 8,000km, and still 75-ish% tread. Side wall is as good as the tires it replaced. In comparison to the A539's, they were softer, better in the wet, but squeeled like babies in a microwave when thrown into a corner. Tires were 195/55/R15 (40 psi front, 38 psi rear... most of the time, tried out many different pressures.)

3. The all mightly Toyo T1R. Hmmmmmmm... to be honest, I don't think this tires is what it's cut out to be. By the looks of the tread pattern, it looks like a great wet weather/winter tire. Very soft, and extremely quite compared to the Yoko range I have mentioned previously. Butttttt.... the sidewalls are wayyyy to soft. Going into a corner, I don't feel safe as I feel the tire rolling under the rims. I have tried many tire pressures in the last week. I tried 34 all round; then 36 all round; then 36 front 34 rear; then 38 front 36 rear;, and finally, 40 front, 38 rear. The 38 front, 36 rear combo I found the best, in terms of stability. A great road tire... but i won't trust them enough to throw my car into a tight corner. They do grip better all round wet and dry compared to the C-drives. Price is reasonable aswell. Size: 205/45/R16.

sorry for being so long winded... but there it is.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                                what falkens did you have?
                                i cant remember what falkens they were... sorry
                                RWD + Boost =

Comment

Working...
                                X