Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norm View Post
    And Stevan, like the clutch? Musta been a long wait from the worn one.

Norm
    The clutch is fine, lighter flywheel took a while to get used to, needs much more revs to get going. I was told not to ride the clutch like the oem one because it burns easily though, it was quite funny when i first drove because the clutch springs back harder in a certain spot which made takeoffs tricky at first haha.

I will probably get a more agressive one in the future that bites harder, this one feels like stock to me now

Comment

I would of thought needs less revs to get going? Less weight meaning require less force to get it going? Or am I misinformed.

Comment

I would of thought needs less revs to get going? Less weight meaning require less force to get it going? Or am I misinformed.
        i used to release off the throttle a bit just as the clutch engaged before the JDM flywheel to lift off smoothly, perhaps its better to say the car now needs more sustained throttle to lift off as the lighter flywheel has reduced the spinning mass and inertia causing it to bog down a lot faster.

Its probably a perception of needing more revs. It wont matter for you either way because you already have a 4.8kg flywheel compared to the 6.8kg typeS one

What other things are you planning for the drivetrain Norm?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
          The clutch is fine, lighter flywheel took a while to get used to, needs much more revs to get going. I was told not to ride the clutch like the oem one because it burns easily though, it was quite funny when i first drove because the clutch springs back harder in a certain spot which made takeoffs tricky at first haha.

I will probably get a more agressive one in the future that bites harder, this one feels like stock to me now
          Yeah i and thought your clutch felt different to mine... turns out its just my short arse wasn't sitting close enough. hahaha I do like the feel of the clutch, i have no hassle with it at all for daily driving

Comment

I thought the Type R flywheel is the same as the Type S? I haven't changed mine yet Stev

Comment

Yeah the AUDM Type R one is the same as the Type S one. I remember comparing it with my Toda and it almost being half the weight haha.

Comment

ah ok sorry my mistake, the EP3 then is the only one here that received the 4.7kg flywheel. Be glad you don't live and drive in Sydney Norm, my body aches from M2 crawling for the last 90mins haha.

Were you still toying with the idea of a 5.1 FD??

Comment

I will still be getting the 5.1 FD. My plans of getting internal parts have kinda be put aside for now as getting the kpro in June and a tune on the 24th will be taking priority. After the drivetrain, I think I will be taking a break from heavily modifying my car. Will keep people posted on how things go. We'll just have to wait till mid June before we see some power figures at last from my car.
                  Last edited by Norm; 13-05-11, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I will still be getting the 5.1 FD. My plans of getting internal parts have kinda be put aside for now as getting the kpro in June and a tune on the 24th will be taking priority. After the drivetrain, I think I will be taking a break from heavily modifying my car. Will keep people posted on how things go. We'll just have to wait till mid June before we see some power figures at last from my car.
                    didn't realize you were joining the tuning day, I thought you were waiting on parts?

Comment

Yeh, it was a last minute change of mind because its already hard enough to get a Kpro tuned properly in Perth so I thought of just seizing the opportunity when someone with lots of tuning experience from SG is coming down. Yeh, initially when I mentioned to Will I was waiting on parts, I meant to hold off the tuning until I covered my internal parts ie. camshafts, valve springs etc etc. But all that might have to hold off as saving up for the house will have to take over the car. Will you be coming down and getting your car tuned? I'll be bringing a tripod and a camera to take some happy snaps of us together eh? Btw, I've put the decal + stencil in the car, so I can pass to you when we meet up.

Comment

nah, my tune is still fine, nothing has changed in the car since his last tune. I'm mostly helping out with the organizing, will be around for most of the day. We got quite an interesting collection of Hondas for this session, should be interesting.

Comment

Yeh. Should be good. Will definitely see you down there.

Comment

Boys

Who in WA can be trusted in aligning DC5 suspension ? Any recommendations ?

Rod

Comment

WA suspensions osborne park. Track work suspensions etc, even though they charged my a shit load when I needed to get my overhauled.

Comment

I use WA suspension...

Wheels world or wilkinson are the others..

Comment

Working...
                                X