No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember to lubricate the idle control valve after cleaning it. If its clean and dry then it can stick and not adjust properly. I had the idle dropping and not recovering, and the engine stalling.

Comment

I've done abit of research in regards to the Aus spec Stage 1 Sports Organic Clutch (HCK-7369SO) and the USA Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit (08806).

Essential they have the same dimensions and spec
      USA Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit (08806) Specs
      Disc Outer Diameter 215mm
      Spline Teeth / Major Diameter 24T / 26 mm

Aus Stage 1 Sports Organic Clutch kit (HCK-7369SO)
      Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 215 x 26 x 24

However, I have emailed the respective companies to confirm whether they are indeed the same product. This is important as the exedy selling in aus is at least $200 more than the USA.

Comment

It's twice the price for the exedy organic here in the aus due to distributors needing to recover the imports duties plus the markup. Pm me norm with prices you are getting and I'll fill you in what I have sorted out

Comment

Sure. Pretty much their around the $300 USA mark in USA/EBAY. Once I get the confirmation that their the same product i'll give you a msg and see whats price you got them for eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Sure. Pretty much their around the $300 USA mark in USA/EBAY. Once I get the confirmation that their the same product i'll give you a msg and see whats price you got them for eh?
            Sounds good mate, im about to finalise the pay for mine as my clutch is about to disintegrate any time now haha BTW what flywheel are you going to use??

Im thinking of using a JDM flywheel, i think its 4.8kg not sure what standard one is...

Comment

I've already purchased a Toda Chromemolly flywheel, so i'll use that in conjuction with the exedy clutch when i've confirmed which one.

Comment

Just got the email back from Exedy USA in regards to the clutch. They are indeed the same

RE: Acura RSX Type S Clutch kit‏

12:15 AM
                Reply ▼
                Evan Cline
                Add to contacts
                To Norman Yap, AMSales
                Norman, Thank you for your interest in Exedy products. The 08806 kit is the same as the HCK-7369SO. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely, Evan Cline
                Technical Coordinator-Aftermarket
                www.exedyusa.com
                800-346-6091 ex633
                734-397-6633 direct

Comment

so basically... can save like around 100$ if u get from ebay?
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Just got the email back from Exedy USA in regards to the clutch. They are indeed the same
                    Thanks for the info above. I'm in the same boat looking for a new clutch and was thinking along exactly the same lines.

Heres another seller with the same clutch thats cheaper than the one you listed up: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-EXEDY-STA...ht_1846wt_1140
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                      so basically... can save like around 100$ if u get from ebay?
                      more like $250

^^ i bought from this guy last week, clutch arrives next week sometime. He charges lower shipping because he folds the boxes slightly to get them into a smaller shipping satchel, for $100 off that doesn't worry me at all

Comment

I'm this close -----> "Confirm" to buying Advan RS Wheels....but I thought I ask people what they think of the following specs, and also whether nengun.com is reliable.

17" - 9.5 - Dark Gun Metallic - 5H x 114.3 - +35 (Front)

17" - 8 - Dark Gun Metallic - 5H x 114.3 - +37 (Rear)

Keep in mind i've got brembos so +35 will be +20, and yes I will be rolling my guards and running camber.

Also, just recieved some ingalls front bolts. A pair on each side right?. Awaiting my hardracing camber arms and Todds modified tie rodds and we'll chuck them on.

Norm

Comment

No, a pair is for the front .... Im not too sure about dark gun metallic on a black car tbh .. it may blend in too much ...
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

ive seen those wheels in those colour on a black evo etc.. looks pretty sick
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

+1 for gun metal on black,
                              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

What do you mean by a pair is for the front only? Two boxes from ingalls came and in each box there was two bolts/nuts. So 4 in total. So your telling me I only needed like 1 box? and now I have an extra pair?

Comment

Working...
                                X