No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up temp, i have ep3r atm, looking to upgrade in a few months. Will start research soon. Also is too thick, a bad thing?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post

Be wary of the quality of whiteline products! As I have a whiteline front sway bar and if I had to do it again I would rather go the EP3R front sway.

When considering bars don't just consider the thickness but also find out if its solid or hallow.
      what was wrong with your whiteline sway bar?

Comment

I think the whiteline sway bar is hollow...but thats "i think" haha

Comment

i was under the impression theyre solid...

theyre heavy as fawk LOL

Comment

Its been awhile since my update on my car, and I apologise for that. But it is all due to me waiting for parts to arrive! However today we had my long awaited JDM Rear DC5R Mugen Slotted Rotors arrive which I ordered from Kingmotorsports.com. I will however give my opinion on the service i received from Kingmotorsports.com. They didn't really reply to any of my emails. They did not provide me with a tracking number. So as for service over the internet, thumbs down big time. Even Ebay does better. However nonetheless the goods received were top quality and nothing far less than expected from Mugen.

Also attached is a copy of some costs in regards to importing goods by shipment in case some people are curious about the costs etc. It does not cover the customs broker fees yet (which is around $100-$150) and this only covers Port charges etc which are broken down nicely on the invoice. All I can say is it is definitely a new experience for me importing something. AND we're due to pick up the brembos in 1-2 weeks! hooray!

Comment

Wow, expensive freight dude! i paid less for a rear bar shipped. Any other mods? really liking just sitting back and wathcing ppl mod thier car - nah i fukn hate it lol!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Tomorrow we will have a nice litte update. And stay tuned for more K-Series tuning!

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                  I don't think the person really phased it correctly "you can get away with it". There is no such thing as right or wrong for handling as everyone drives differently. What works for one dosen't mean it will work for another.

I personally know of a S15 driver who dosen't run a rear sway (which is eqivalent to us not running a front sway) who is extremely fast. I understand this can also be car dependant.

Since our FF cars are very proned to understeer and the general rule for us is to have a thicker rear sway bar compared to the front, not running a front sway bar dosen't seem to be a bad idea. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has actually tried this out on the track.

P.S. Good progress!

Be wary of the quality of whiteline products! As I have a whiteline front sway bar and if I had to do it again I would rather go the EP3R front sway.

When considering bars don't just consider the thickness but also find out if its solid or hallow.
                  I'm assuming solid is better than hollow?

Comment

prettty confident that the whiteline is solid guys haha have you guys ever lifted one?

Comment

^ its solid.
                      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                      Flickr
                      my car blog - Have a read
                      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

And heavy
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Update - 30/11/2010. Picked up brembos and woah was it an interesting day. 159 KG's and wow was it hard to pack everything in the car. Well as expected, the front two brembo calipers needed to be refurbished. The glossy paint was faded and starting to peel off. The rears however were in inmaculant condition and needed nothing to be done. So the paint stripping for the front began!.

Used abit of industrial paint stripper that I picked up from bunnings and some steel wool to scrub off the paint. Make sure you wear safety glasses and definetly gloves when your using paint stripper. I believe its extremely alkaline and will start chewing on your skin the moment even the smallest flakes of paint touch you. I had to constantly wash areas where i was exposed to small chip paints as I was using the steel wool to scrub off, it was starting to burn . Anyhow finished 1 caliper and the other one is 70% done. I'm contemplating whether I should high temp primer it or not. I'm leaning more towards the high temp primer though. I'm also gonna be using G2 Red Caliper paint (Apparently 980 Degrees resistant) from USA and then spray high temp white caliper paint over the brembo stent i'm about to get made up. But Anyone have any experiences with G2 Caliper paint before?

Also one of my JDM CV boots has had a minor tear during shipping. Anyone how know much much it would cost just to replace the rubber seal if i take it to a CV Joint Speciailist?
                          Last edited by Norm; 01-12-10, 05:24 PM.

Comment

looks cool man! have you considered getting them powdercoated??

Comment

Look at oemacuraparts.com
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Yeh considered them, but was wondering whats the temperature range though. If someone can give me some specs on it I wouldn't mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X