No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh i figured it out haha. Did a second bleed the last time round, saw it in the service manual! Thanks Rod.

Comment

looking good!

I was just wonder how much you paid for the Brembo setup and how much for the shipping, I am considering doing the conversion too.

Comment

Well.....brembo itself $900 US (front and rear, including all LCA's, hubs, knuckles, JDM driveshafts, calipers), so pretty much the same now. Shipping cost me $350 to my nearest port. You still need to get a broker to sort out your paperwork as it is under $1000 so it doesn't get taxed etc. Need to do a self declaration assessment, so around $90 for that. And the rest are just labour fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          Well.....brembo itself $900 US (front and rear, including all LCA's, hubs, knuckles, JDM driveshafts, calipers), so pretty much the same now. Shipping cost me $350 to my nearest port. You still need to get a broker to sort out your paperwork as it is under $1000 so it doesn't get taxed etc. Need to do a self declaration assessment, so around $90 for that. And the rest are just labour fees.
          Yeah, thats about what I was expecting. What do you mean by getting a broker? when I imported my exhaust + C-west kit, i didn't have to do any of that. I just needed to to "cash on arrival" the driver who sent the crate to my house for the custom fees (about 70-100 as you said.

Comment

Pix of the rear ultra racing lower bar?

Comment

Just one more question, did you have to change to JDM front + rear sway bars since you LCA was changed?

Comment

I already had the EP3 Sway bar as I needed it to clear my Mugen Headers. And Yes you would need the JDM LCA's to do the full conversion.

Comment

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the EP3 sway bar will bolt up to the JDM LCA's. You'll need a JDM DC5R sway bar or aftermarket equivelant.

Comment

Originally posted by MRK20A View Post
                    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the EP3 sway bar will bolt up to the JDM LCA's. You'll need a JDM DC5R sway bar or aftermarket equivelant.
                    Yeah, that was what I meant, so if you change the LCA to JDM ones to fit the Brembos, you would need JDM spec sway bars for DC5 to work right?

Comment

Let me do some research and find out. If really a JDM or aftermarket one is needed then I guess i'll be doing some shopping eh?. Cusco front sway bar here i come!

Comment

MOST IMPORTANT: the type r control arms are a direct swap with 05-06 control arms because it shares the same size ball joint. 02-04 you have to get different inserts to fit the smaller 02-04 ball joints. TODD on the forums sells these as well as kingmotorsports.
                        - when switching to the type r control arms you need a JDM front sway bar (mugen, type r, or cusco) when running a toda or buddy club race header (the stock USDM sway bar or TODA sway wont fit the type r control arms because they are too short)
                        - last but not least, adjustable sway bar endlinks becuase you can make them longer/shorter/turn left/right and they are stronger then stock
                        - or if you want to do the control arm swap and dont have the toda/buddy club header you can get away without running a front sway bar (the car with have more oversteer during hard cornering).
                        Taken from here http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=32054284

I've bolded the part that's relevant. Hope this helps you out a bit

Comment

So are you saying if i buy a jdm aftermakret sway bar, it wont fit the audm sussy? I was rhinking cusco, or might get whiteline.0
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

I dont like that part right here "you can get away without running a front sway bar (the car with have more oversteer during hard cornering).". It is very dangerous without running a front sway bar. But since that answers the question, thanks to MRK20A, Its cusco front sway bar here I come. Mind you though the Type R sway bar is half the price of cusco front sway but only 22mm compared to 25mm.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              So are you saying if i buy a jdm aftermakret sway bar, it wont fit the audm sussy? I was rhinking cusco, or might get whiteline.0
                              That's basically what I get from the things I've read... Although as our AUDM setup is similar to that of the JDM EP3 maybe you could get away with ordering a EP3 Cusco swaybar. Not 100% on this though.

I dont like that part right here "you can get away without running a front sway bar (the car with have more oversteer during hard cornering).". It is very dangerous without running a front sway bar. But since that answers the question, thanks to MRK20A, Its cusco front sway bar here I come. Mind you though the Type R sway bar is half the price of cusco front sway but only 22mm compared to 25mm.
                              Yeah, I don't agree with everything the original poster has said but thought I should post everything so that in can be taken in the context they meant.

I personally would never run without a front sway and if I ever had to for whatever reason I certainly wouldn't be pushing my car enough to see if it was inclined to oversteer.

Nice progress with your car BTW. NHBP DC5R FTW!

Comment

I don't think the person really phased it correctly "you can get away with it". There is no such thing as right or wrong for handling as everyone drives differently. What works for one dosen't mean it will work for another.

I personally know of a S15 driver who dosen't run a rear sway (which is eqivalent to us not running a front sway) who is extremely fast. I understand this can also be car dependant.

Since our FF cars are very proned to understeer and the general rule for us is to have a thicker rear sway bar compared to the front, not running a front sway bar dosen't seem to be a bad idea. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has actually tried this out on the track.

P.S. Good progress!

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                Be wary of the quality of whiteline products! As I have a whiteline front sway bar and if I had to do it again I would rather go the EP3R front sway.

When considering bars don't just consider the thickness but also find out if its solid or hallow.
                                Last edited by TeMp; 27-10-10, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X