No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright. I think its time for an update.

1. Still awaiting my TODA Headers with Hi-Flow Cat Mod. Ordered since July and yet to recieve it. Its still with Toda Performance getting the Cat mode sorted.
    2. Recieved my Ultra-Racing Side lower arm bars and put them on. Will put up pics soon.
    3. Recieved my Tanabe Front lower arm bar and stuck it on. Love the flush red colour. Will put pics up of the buttom of the car when we put the Toda Headers on.
    4. Got Philip's 6000k HID's of mystic and managed to put them on. Surprisingly the front was easy to take off. Taking the headlights out though needed some special miniture tools.
    5. Ordered J-Racing C pillar bar, should arrive today or latest monday or tuesday.
    6. Ordered Rear Cusco Strut bar
    7. Bought Project Mu SCR-Pro Slotted rotors 320mm and Endless brake pads off jyh883. Awaiting shipping now
    8. Bought APP Brake Lines
    9. Ordered G2 Red Caliper Paint from USA and recieved them yesterday. Gosh US Priority mail is quick.
    10. Ordered Genuine Mugen Emblem from JDM Concept.
    11. Ordered JDM Brembo front and rear conversion including LCA and JDM Driveshafts from Japan Direct Japanese Auto Parts Inc. Packaged and shipped. Will arrive in 6 more weeks at port.

Will include more photos to come. Also trying to think what else I forgot.....mhmh.....prep for track next year? hehe

Comment

Dude
      You're more than ready for driving on a circuit now !
      You're a force to be reckoned with !!

Thumbs up on the Project Mu rotors!

Comment

baller, is all i can say norm.. god damn it>.>
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          Alright. I think its time for an update.

1. Still awaiting my TODA Headers with Hi-Flow Cat Mod. Ordered since July and yet to recieve it. Its still with Toda Performance getting the Cat mode sorted.
          Hope you can hold your breath for a long time………..
          Took him 5 weeks for a clutch he had in stock! Until I started ringing him everyday for the last 3 weeks
          FARKING hopeless

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
            Hope you can hold your breath for a long time………..
            Took him 5 weeks for a clutch he had in stock! Until I started ringing him everyday for the last 3 weeks
            FARKING hopeless
            Yeh, dont get my wrong, i'm not trying to put down Toda Performance Australia. I'm sure their a great bunch of guys, but efficiency and customer satisfication is clearly not on top of my favourite list. I just can't wait to go to Japan next year to order my parts directly and do my own shipment as my sister just got a 13k scholarship for Osaka University!......

By the way, does any other brand other than mugen do Rear slotted rotors?
            If not i'll just have to head down that path and order them too.

Norm

Comment

Update.

Installed the rear cusco strut bar. Can i just say how hard it is to get the inner bolt out, but managed.
              Installed the J Racing C-Pillar bar.

Took the car out for a drive and certain feels more balanced now with the combination of a front and rear strut. Exiting turns are just plain easy now (not that i've done it at high speed yet). Will be definitely taking this baby to track next year . Also can I just add how nicely does the cusco rear strut bar sit under the carpet.

Also got the genuine mugen emblem. Not sure whether I want to stick it on though, was abit of an impulsive buy whilst at work. Any suggestions?

Comment

Norm .... Does the 2 subs add you the HP of your car like after burner in a fighter Jet .....
                Hehehehe Jks .... looks good man .....
                Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

Comment

Update: App brake lines have arrived.
                  Ordered: Project Kics R40 Enclosed Revo Classic wheel nuts

Still waiting on my toda headers. Its getting abit rediculous with this wait time.
                  Holidays coming up in November 14th and hopefully brembo's will arrive!.

And now just out of curiousity, I need some advice or some guidance.
                  I'm looking for abit more power with tuning, and i'm really looking to advance into modifiying my internal engine bits such as camshafts, valve springs, cams, flywheel, clutch etc. Would it be better advice to do all them at once to save on labour cost?.

Also, with some limitations in WA, Kpro tuning is hard to come by and at some places which say they can "tune" a Kpro i'm not that confident they will do a good job. I've read from Rods blog from Racing In Japan, and looking to just getting the Mugen N1 ECU, with upgrading my valve springs, changing my radiator to koyo and all the other small bits such as thermosat and fan switch, and getting high temp NGK spark plugs. If some people could provide some of their experiences with either ECU that would be great.

Comment

TIU on the forums had i/h/e adn rbc and netted 155 atw kW with the Mugen N1.. I would be running mugen N1 ecu if i had a prefact lift dc5r.... and to amke it stronger, ugprade valve springs and retainers!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

r u sure he only had i/h/e and rbc LOL

Comment

haah, thats what he told me. u got pm kevin!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Mhmhm 155kw at the wheel....tempting but the issue lies in terms of engine stability with a Mugen ECU, does it 100% require mugen parts including the Mugen N1 exhaust to provide the best results or is it a learning ecu which adapts to different modifications such as toda headers plus mugen twin loop exhaust. Also with the gruppe M which is said to produce different results depending on velocity due to the wind turbulence from the cowl top.

Comment

155 atw

on a hub most likely

on a roller lucky to get 140

but seriously if u want power forget the cams, headers, intake, and just slap on a supercharger along with kpro and ull own everyone

Comment

Well if i wanted a supercharger i would of bought a supercharger car. With the money i'm wanting to spend on my car i could even go for a turbo car. I much prefer to keep it N/A.

Comment

Ultra Racing Rear lower bar arrived. Attempted to put it on but had to probaby leave it to the professionals as the rear lower control arms were just giving me too much grief haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X