Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    Double check the nuts are 1.5 thread for hondas steve!

Wow, i am shocked from this!
    they are 1.5 thread, the taper of the head is the source of the problem, my luck dude cant do a simple thing with this car without finding a problem.

Comment

Id try enkeis on and use stock nuts now n see if there is a noise
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Id try enkeis on and use stock nuts now n see if there is a noise
        thats a really bad idea, stock nuts have a curved seat this would be worse than putting the kics back on. 2.5 degrees on stock rims looks hilarious i laughed when i put them back on soo weak looking

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
          thats a really bad idea, stock nuts have a curved seat this would be worse than putting the kics back on. 2.5 degrees on stock rims looks hilarious i laughed when i put them back on soo weak looking
          I havnt seent the pix (work), but if the tapered nuts dont screw in correctly, it can only be the curved/ball style nut instead of the flat tapered nut for aftermarket wheels.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

damn thats bad and good:P..new nuts minus sell price of kics cheaper than new hub bearings ..hopefully work wheels fit with work nuts :P
            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
            Flickr
            my car blog - Have a read
            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
              damn thats bad and good:P..new nuts minus sell price of kics cheaper than new hub bearings ..hopefully work wheels fit with work nuts :P
              yes i agree, there doesnt seem to be any damage done just a few little marks, better than the wheels coming off due to nut shear. Guess i should just buy some rays nuts like everyone else

With your wheels you should be sweet, good clearance on the rear wheels from trailing arm btw, i have about 5mm lol so your all clear.

BTW Alex, the wheels are also straight edge conical taper type, small differences in the angles between them and the nut probaby caused this, still shitty about it because i like the kics nuts but what can you do

Comment

I havnt had any dramas of my kics nuts and i went through a fair few wheels. if u want, i got black bbs nuts... so sorry stevan, for the 5th time this year, can you prank/sms me, i'l send u a picture of my nuts ;p
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

yes i agree, there doesnt seem to be any damage done just a few little marks, better than the wheels coming off due to nut shear. Guess i should just buy some rays nuts like everyone else

With your wheels you should be sweet, good clearance on the rear wheels from trailing arm btw, i have about 5mm lol so your all clear.

BTW Alex, the wheels are also straight edge conical taper type, small differences in the angles between them and the nut probaby caused this, still shitty about it because i like the kics nuts but what can you do
                  i recommend the work rc nuts for security..even the normal nuts u need an extended socket to remove and for the lock nuts each set has a different lock (not sure abt rays)..ps my measurements are only finger size accurate so cant be too sure:P...is that 5mm with stock wheels? :O

I havnt had any dramas of my kics nuts and i went through a fair few wheels. if u want, i got black bbs nuts... so sorry stevan, for the 5th time this year, can you prank/sms me, i'l send u a picture of my nuts ;p
                  sounds so so wrong
                  Flickr

Comment

i recommend the work rc nuts for security..even the normal nuts u need an extended socket to remove and for the lock nuts each set has a different lock (not sure abt rays)..ps my measurements are only finger size accurate so cant be too sure:P...is that 5mm with stock wheels? :O

sounds so so wrong
                    hahahaha i completely missed that the first time i read it

yeh ill have to do a bit more research AGAIN just to make sure i dont fuck up with the next set of nuts, the works were my second choice i impulse buyed the kics when i visited jdmyard with eddie a while back.

The trailing arm clearance is with my enkei rims fitted

P.s give me your spoon bbk.....

Comment

u mean calipers.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

hahahaha i completely missed that the first time i read it

yeh ill have to do a bit more research AGAIN just to make sure i dont fuck up with the next set of nuts, the works were my second choice i impulse buyed the kics when i visited jdmyard with eddie a while back.

The trailing arm clearance is with my enkei rims fitted

P.s give me your spoon bbk.....
                        if its with the enkeis thats sweet

u mean calipers.
                        shut up..bbk sounds better
                        Flickr

Comment

UPDATE

So i FINALLY fixed my wheel grinding issue today, it turns out that the 2 nuts that holds the valve stem in place came loose and the outer one came off and got stuck against the tyre causing the grinding, useless bridgestone..

Out of the 4 mechanics i went to i got diagnosis ranging from bad wheel bearings to unmatched wheel nuts, it was Hanny's mechanics who were able to work out what was really wrong. Got my car serviced there while i waited, Hanny's are an awesome workshop i reccomend them to anyone

Finally i have had some great negotiations with different american parts dealers and i will most probably have some tasty new parts arriving soon at amazing prices, will keep you guys updated once i finalise my purchases
                          Last edited by stevan; 04-11-10, 12:55 PM.

Comment

UPDATE

So i FINALLY fixed my wheel grinding issue today, it turns out that the 2 bolts that holds the valve stem in place came loose and the outer one came off and got stuck against the tyre causing the grinding, useless bridgestone..

Out of the 4 mechanics i went to i got diagnosis ranging from bad wheel bearings to unmatched wheel nuts, it was Hanny's mechanics who were able to work out what was really wrong. Got my car serviced there while i waited, Hanny's are an awesome workshop i reccomend them to anyone

Finally i have had some great negotiations with different american parts dealers and i will most probably have some tasty new parts arriving soon at amazing prices, will keep you guys updated once i finalise my purchases
                            didnt ur wheels come wih valve stems? the works came with metal ones. but good that its something small.
                            Flickr

Comment

didnt ur wheels come wih valve stems? the works came with metal ones. but good that its something small.
                              yeh they came with metallic blue enkei ones, im very happy, no doubt it will happen to the other 2 wheels soon but at least i can go back to bridgestone and get it fixed for free as it was their fuck up.

i love current exchange rates and no imports taxes hehe....

Comment

So im in Macedonia at the moment and i walk outside to get some burek for breakfast and i see this clean dc2 parked out front havnt seen any other typeR's around Serbia or here for the last 40 days let alone my own car so i thought i would share......

As for my car, i will be home on the 26th this month im keen to have a meetup with the sydney boys if anyone is up for it. This year i also work 6 months as part of my uni degree which is paid so i should make a bit more progress with the car

Edit: im definitely buying yellow foglights when i get back because i think it will look boass on VBP and red h badges

Edit2: i think im back onto the buddyclub RSD bandwagon again, i think im going to boycott the zeals mainly because for the same price i can also get a haltech platinum pro tuned along with RSD's which i think stretches my dollar a lot further.
                                Last edited by stevan; 20-01-11, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X