Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good mate.

So thats the -2.5 camber at the front ey? I think if you go a tad less camber it will look even flusher but for track the more front camber the better!

I love the rear fitment. I think it looks even better then mine even though its the same spec.

Comment

Looks great fella, I have said it before but I still think that 17x9 +35ish is a great wheel setup for a DC5. The best compromise of weight, cost, looks, guard modification and function .

Comment

wow those wheels look awesome! They have become a fashion statement on DC5!

Comment

Can't go wrong with rpf1s
          Looking hot as per usual.
          DC5S

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
            Looking good mate.

So thats the -2.5 camber at the front ey? I think if you go a tad less camber it will look even flusher but for track the more front camber the better!

I love the rear fitment. I think it looks even better then mine even though its the same spec.
            thats correct mate, i honestly like the front fitment as i dont want to push it too close to the guards because of the track duties the car will serve. i want to lower the car a touch more maybe 1cm front and 2cm on the rear once i cut up the front fenders. thanks again for the alignment advice mate much appreciated

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Looks great fella, I have said it before but I still think that 17x9 +35ish is a great wheel setup for a DC5. The best compromise of weight, cost, looks, guard modification and function .
            cheers Tom, i saw sense in your reccomendation for 17x9+35 non staggered and went for it

Originally posted by visconti View Post
            looking very good, really match the car

what tyre size u got?
            thanks mate, the tyres are 235/40 Z1 star specs, they have about 15mm of stretch, great performing and looking tyre
            Last edited by stevan; 03-09-10, 04:01 PM.

Comment

went for a drive tonite with some jdmst nissan boys, after some hard corners i heard a very unpleasant grinding noise coming from the rear, after we stopped it appeared that the inner wheel lip made contact with the lower arms shaving off about 1mm in the process. im running 1.5 deg neg camber on the rear, will i avoid this by increasing camber on the rears???

Comment

oh yeh, and got pulled over by police and copped a fine for not having my license on me, was only meant to go for a quick drive up and down the road to test my new ride height, ended up going for a lengthy drive and got pulled over for apparent dangerous driving going 50km/h around a bend minutes from home. i deserved the fine but i consider myself lucky for not having the defect book thrown at me.

as a side note, the young policewoman (quite attractive i might add) after questioning my ride height mentioned that she could also defect me for the minimal clearance between my fenders and my wheels, i almost laughed as i have never heard of this before, can someone confirm this for me?? she said there needs to be 45mm clearance

Comment

did you get her number mate? lol she got your license number so you might as well got her mobile number in return i think its only fair..

Comment

in regard to the 45m clearance, i have also hea dmixed responses in regards to that stevan, however that fine u got for no licence.. CMON...... are u serious? if ur gonna get fined, get fined for something worth being fined for. Not ahrd carrying a licence! dont be lazy steve!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      in regard to the 45m clearance, i have also hea dmixed responses in regards to that stevan, however that fine u got for no licence.. CMON...... are u serious? if ur gonna get fined, get fined for something worth being fined for. Not ahrd carrying a licence! dont be lazy steve!
                      perhaps, but i still prefer to keep my license haha.

i raised the rear 6mm today, i think this should be enough until i get another 0.2 deg on the rear added soon. wheel seems to be fine, the lower arm had a tiny buffed spot where it made contact with the wheel, its obviously much harder metal then the alloy the wheel is made from.

heres a pic from when i raised the car up yesterday:

as a final remark, the car had to be driveable for yesterday nite as i had booked dinner at The Balmain Bug where Eddie (Spoons) works as a chef. its a great little restaurant, eddie personally prepared our meals and it was probably the best ribeye cut i have had in a very long time. i would recommend it to all you guys, thanks again Eddie for a great nite!

Comment

Wioll htiu p Balmain bug.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post

as a final remark, the car had to be driveable for yesterday nite as i had booked dinner at The Balmain Bug where Eddie (Spoons) works as a chef. its a great little restaurant, eddie personally prepared our meals and it was probably the best ribeye cut i have had in a very long time. i would recommend it to all you guys, thanks again Eddie for a great nite!

Lol your very welcome Stevan. I'm just glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Stevei!!!!!! u got hub rings yet for ur rpf1??? hoepfully i will ahve new rims this weekend, and will neeed 2 get hub rings.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              Stevei!!!!!! u got hub rings yet for ur rpf1??? hoepfully i will ahve new rims this weekend, and will neeed 2 get hub rings.
                              i havnt got them yet ive been too busy being broke and lazy haha. i probably should buy them i surpose.

btw i hacked up my front fenderliner today and havnt had any scrubs since, had to puch back the tabs a bit by hand but it looks ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonS View Post
                                Lol your very welcome Stevan. I'm just glad you enjoyed it
                                He's so cute with his hat chef on

Comment

Working...
                                X