Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moar pics of car

Comment

Update: The car has been fairly quiet lately due to uni commitments and being a brokeass student, i was thinking of checking out the new Proconcept workshop location and booking in for a service as it could do with a little tlc.

The car has been driving ok but i need to rectify 3 main concerns,

1. increase rear camber to stop wheels hitting trailing arm, had to baby the car since i put the new wheels on

2. The front left wheel at low speed makes a very strange metal tinny grinding noise on and off that speeds up as the car does but goes away after hitting about 20km/hr. need to have this diagnosed

3. bleed brake system and top up wth neo racing brake fluid.

Next goals

The most annoying thing about the dc5 right now is the pissweak coilovers i have on atm, the very soft springs causes my car to scrub on large bumps and bank a lot during weight shift which is more noticably since the Z1's have been put on. I cant drive it like i used to and its definately not trackeworthy in its current state which is frustrating.

the next few things to adress will be in the order of high quality suspension and looking into new clutch/lsd/brake pads etc. at the end of this road i think at least i will have a slow car that can go around corners

and just for Timmy, heres a few pics of my filthy car that hasnt been washed in 3 weeks . the rear is about 6mm lower than it was initially which balanced out the height and got rid of the poke the rear tyres had. i am quite happy with how it stands atm..

Comment

Looks great. you can really see the difference between x8's and x9's

Comment

steve, what are yours 17x9+35 ??? im thinknig of getting ito the GB adn getting 9+35 or 8.5 +40
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            steve, what are yours 17x9+35 ??? im thinknig of getting ito the GB adn getting 9+35 or 8.5 +40
            17x7+45..............

haha nah 17 x 9 +35, fark everyones gonna have them now so shit

Comment

depends on the GB price tbh, i pm u ok.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

^
                alex 8.5 and 9 have different face, they all have concave face from 9 onwards

Comment

THansk Danny!

yeah i'll see, because im more in this for function then form.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

UPDATE
                    looking to purchase SWIFT Springs to upgrade the crappy ones on my bc coilovers. my current rates are 6/6 f/r and i want to go to 10/12, i looked up the manufacturers specs for spring size and i found the front and rear spring id's are

front: 62 - 160
                    rear: 62 - 140

would it then be safe to assume that i can use 65mm springs in 7'' and 6'' length front and rear or shold i use 6'' for the front and rear and just raise the lower perch to the spring? i want to reuse these springs with upgraded shocks evetually though im not too sure what the standard size springs used for dc5 are. what are peoples knowledge on this?

also assuming the stock fronts are 160mm and i purchase a 178mm (7'') spring this will mean my ride height will increase 18mm unless i increae the preload correct?
                    Last edited by stevan; 25-10-10, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I would go for 6" front and rear assuming you have the room to go the extra 10mm lower to compensate for the longer spring length at the rear. I don't know of any reason to use longer springs except that a longer spring will compress slightly more before the coil binds and will tolerate a correspondingly larger maximum compressive force. It might also be more linear but that isn't a big concern. Shorter springs are lighter and allow more slam, both big pluses in my mind .

You could go for 5" rears if you wanted too.

If you fitted 7" springs at the front you would have to wind down the spring perches to just get the spring on the coilover, so having done that if you set the "preload" on the new spring roughly the same as it was on the old spring then your ride height should stay pretty much the same. If anything it will go up a bit due to the stiffer springs. So you will need to lower it a smidge with the lower perch on the coilover to get the exact same height.

My Mugen N1s use 65mm ID 6" springs front and rear so if you want to upgrade to them in the future you could re-use your springs, but they would be a bit soft for the dampers. 2.5" or 65mm ID is possibly the most common spring diameter on DC5 coilovers, based on no research whatsoever.

Comment

hmm, so in terms of size, 65mm ID 6'' springs front and rear would be a good choice if i was to upgrade later on to a better shock, N1s would be nice one day . Would 12-16 be more of a better match for N1's?

my main concern now that the size issue is solved is will changing to a 10-12 spring rate setup possibly damage my shocks/ride like crap (assuming valving is actually adjusted on BC shocks) considering that they were bought with 6-6 springs initially?

Comment

so much geometry and technical stuff man, wish some1 could just tell me what i need to buy haha

Comment

I would also like to know the geometry for the stock JDM DC5R. I know we can't change too much in terms of height wise and anymore than like something like 1.5 inches will make things worse.

Comment

UPDATE

I made some progress regarding the suspected wheel bearing/hub issue i was recently experiencing with the new wheels, it basically would make grinding noises at low speed then go away >20km/hr.

I removed the enkeis and put the stock wheels back on to confirm that the bearings was the cause for concern, after driving around the car didnt make a sound which confirmed the problem lay withing the wheel/nut combination.

After taking a closer look at the wheels and project kics nuts and i have concluded that the nuts are the culprit, the pictures speak for themselves,

it seems that the nut head does not match the wheel taper which is something i have never read about regarding aftermarket wheels and nuts, people use these nuts with rpf1's so i dont understand why i am experiencing issues with this, you can see the marks left behind by the nuts..

the nuts themselves had residue from the wheels which rubbed off,

the second nut pictured has a ring which is evidence enough to suggest that almost the entire load was transferred to that tiny section of the whole gold ring, possibly the source of noise as well as the wheel moved minutely around this point.

at this stage i have garaged the enkeis momentarily until i decide what to do, perhaps getting another set of nuts will provide a proper seating although i cant find any info regarding rpf1 and aftermarket nut tapers so ill just have to go off what other people are using.

for anyone thats interested almost new project kics neochrome nuts will most likely be up for sale soon, there are almost no marks on them whatsoever, the stuff pictures rubs right off and the nuts remain perfect.

Comment

Double check the nuts are 1.5 thread for hondas steve!

Wow, i am shocked from this!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X