Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaun's Arctic Blue DC5R - The build after a build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful dc5 mate, some quality bits on it!

Comment

Looking real good! Looks great on track.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Haven't update in a while:

So the clutch went bye bye earlier this week. Still drivable and grabbing gears, but the slip under acceleration is a nightmare. So I've booked the car in for a nice shiny new one ! My first thought was to replace it with an identical one to the one in it but the ATS unit is like $1400 and whilst I've loved the clutch there's just no way I can fork out that sort of cash. I do drive the car to and from work every day, but its performance on track is more important considering how much track time I have planned. For this reason I've gone with:

- Competition Clutch Stage 4 6-Puck Ceramic
        - Competition Clutch Ultra Light Weight Steel Flywheel

JDMYard are supplying parts and doing the install.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Also, a photo from Wednesday nights EOMM

Comment

Looking forward to your clutch review
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Exciting news today !

My regas have sold and deposit is down on my new shoes.

Here's a sneak peak

theyre getting picked up tomorrow and hopefully will be on next weekend.
              Last edited by Shaun; 22-03-14, 03:24 PM.

Comment

looking sick mate
                do u still have those little lip bits from before you put on the topone splitter?

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                  looking sick mate
                  do u still have those little lip bits from before you put on the topone splitter?

thanks man.

umm theyre around somewhere. I think one of the guys took them but i dont think theyre being used.
                  If youre interested in buying them im sure I could track them down.

Comment

SMALL UPDATE !

Wheels are now on and aligned, and I've fallen in love all over again.

The sydney guys will get the first glimpse at Honda Social tomorrow. I'll be the one with 4 trophies in my hands.
                    Everyone else will have to wait for pics

Comment

Is very sexy. Had to carry two of the wheels home for him, and it's so very aggressive from the rear.

Comment

Ssr type f
                        > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Looks like the fitment i had xD
                          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                          NSEX

Comment

As Andy said correctly my new wheels are SSR Type F in 18x9.5+22 with 215/40 tyres

The wheels are, to put it bluntly, VERY aggressive. And the tyres, VERY stretched. Some will recognise them from Victor's EP3.

My justification for running wheels this wide, is well, why not? despite having to be a little more careful with the police, it won't really affect my driving around town, and I still have my 17" Oz Racing for track work.

The wheels went on last friday and went straight to Garage88 for an alignment. Ended up with -2.5 front and rear. Fiddled with the coils a bit to get it to sit right, and now I'm stoked with it. They do poke a little, but its nothing too mental, and at my current height I don't rub at all.

It looks like this

On top of the wheels they were some other challenges to conquer. The car had been feeling lazy at high revs and had some weird sounds going on, neither of which I was happy with or willing to live with. Tonight I did a full service on the car and found the culprit to my power loss issues. OIL. Admittedly I wasn't using the ideal oil for the car (I was getting it free from a mech friend) and because of this, the car was using quite a bit of it, and being lazy, I hadn't checked for a while. It wasn't disastrously low, but under the minimum, which was obviously causing oil pressure issues and affecting vtec etc..

The service consisted of:

-Clean of air intake element
                            -New NGK Iridium IX plugs
                            -Royal Purple Full Synthetic 10w40 oil
                            -OEM HAMP oil filter.

Car feels happy all my noise/power issues are now gone. Checking oil will now be a part of my weekly maintenance.

She's now all ready to go for the LowDown's private Wakefield Day which I will be taking part in. Have been to wakefield before but only for passenger sessions, and never with this car, so it should be a blast. Looking to be around the 1:13 mark. The car is capable of better, but I don't have enough driving experience to be pushing it to its full potential. Will take photos and update on the day as best I can.

Comment

From one nice car to another these wheels have gone too. Looks beautiful mate well done 👌

Comment

Rims look so good man!

Comment

Working...
                                X