Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaun's Arctic Blue DC5R - The build after a build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hoist from memory was around the 3-4k mark. Found the guy on ebay of all places.[/QUOTE]

appreciate it looks like my dad might be getting a hoist for his birthday lol
    https://www.facebook.com/teamgradeA?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.happystance.net - Australian photographer

http://www.nikolaznguyenle.portfoliobox.net/

Comment

Hooray an update!

So it's been a busy week. Sunday I went and test fitted some potential track wheels. They're OZ Racing factory Evo6 wheels. Size is 17x7.5 + 38. They aren't in the best shape, but a quick sand and a coat of paint, and noone will know the difference. Test fitted them to make sure they are straight will clear the Spoons. It all looked good so I got them ! A little thinner than what I wanted for a track wheel but at $300 for a set of 4, how can I say no? Picking them up this weekend. Have ordered the hub rings I need too, so hopefully they'll make it here by the weekend.

I'm thinking they'll look good in black (plus less worries about brake dust) but I've considered going real left field with the colour seeing as theyre track wheels. Who knows, fluro orange on blue might look good

Pulling the wheels off for the first time in a long time, also made me realise how camber fucked my tyres were. I knew the outsides were getting low, but the insides were completely slick. So it was time for new tyres. Did all the research I needed to do and found the Nitto INVO (a high performance road tyre instead of a semi) for $135 a corner from St George Tyres. It was so cheap, I just couldnt say no. Everything I read about the INVO has been good, and I have a mate who couldn't recommend them enough. They're being fitted as we speak, and I might throw a review up a little later for anyone interested.

Now I just need to find a nice cheap semi to run on the evo wheels, get them painted and get out on the track!

Comment

This thread needs an update desperately.

So at the end of last year I decided I was going to act my act together and get the car out on the track. So I started adding parts that I thought would help. I installed:
        Bride Super Low seat rails.
        A shifter extension and weighted knob.
        Spoon engine torque damper.

Just little bits and pieces that I thought would help me on my way.

Early this year, before I managed to get out on the track a few friends and I went out and did a shoot with Joseph Hui, a very talented Sydney based photographer.
        Heres a few of the photos.. I think they turned out pretty well.

Last Wednesday (15/1) I had a friend tell me about the CAMS Come & Try Day out at SMSP on the Saturday(18/1). Of course I was keen to get out there, but was wildly underprepared. I managed to source, fit and balance tyres on the Oz Racing wheels and get them on the car by Saturday morning. Plastidipped the wheels orange last minute just because racecar. For some reason it kinda works with the blue. The tyres are Federal 595 RSRs. I also impulse bought a mugen rep GT wing. It went on the car as well for the Saturday.

Some pictures of the wheels and of the car all track prepped and ready to roll:

The day included sessions on the skid pan doing some motorkhana challenges and some sessions out on the North Circuit. Had instructors in the car all day and being my first track day I was stoked to get some pointers and soak up as much information as possible. The car was flawless all day and dealt with everything I threw at it, including turn 1 at around 145km/h. Unfortunately there was no timing on the day, but it didn't really phase me.

Overall I'm super happy with how it looked and performed, and have booked a day at Marulan on the 1st of Feb for some timed sessions. I'll update on how that goes. I also have some surprises coming in terms of parts. But seeing that ill be the only one in the country with this setup, ill keep it under wraps until everything goes on.

Comment

Congratulations on your first track day, I think the orange on blue looks pretty good!

Comment

Orange on blue looks soo cool i reckon. Good on ya for hitting the track!
            Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Well done on hitting the circuit!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Looks good Shaun!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Congratulations on your first track day, I think the orange on blue looks pretty good!
                  Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                  Orange on blue looks soo cool i reckon. Good on ya for hitting the track!
                  Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  Well done on hitting the circuit!
                  Originally posted by white_r View Post
                  Looks good Shaun!!
                  Thanks guys!

It seems I've been bitten pretty hard by the track bug. So this weekend was my first time at Marulan Driver Training Centre.

We cruised down early saturday morning with a mish mash of cars (including a 2013 Club Spec WRX, a CJ Lancer and an A45 AMG) and got out there for some fun.

It was a super hot day in Marulan, about 40 degrees on track, but the car performed absolutely flawlessly all day. Engine was cool, tyres were strong, and the brakes don't even know the meaning of the word fade. I managed an unoffical time of 47.4, which I'm told is a pretty quick time, especially for my first time out there and was only about a half second behind the AMG (he didn't like that much).

Pictures of the day and videos to come !

Comment

good stuff, well done, i was doing 45's in my (pretty fast) Integra down there, but got kicked off due to loud exhaust

so 47's are a good time (as you probly saw compared to the AMG)
                    ... retired/

Comment

Pictures from Marulan

Eagle eye viewers will have noticed the new front aero setup. I've kept it pretty quiet so far. I now have a TopOne Motors front splitter with stainless supports and TopOne Motors street series canards. Really happy with how the car is now!

Comment

Looks great, and good job on the time Mr Stig!
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

looks awesome, nice pics

Comment

Awesome dude! Good to see your getting some track time!

Comment

Such Sexy. Glad someone beat the Mingie's time. It was making us look bad.

Comment

nice setup, those orange wheels are truly a head turner.

Comment

Working...
                                X