Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaun's Arctic Blue DC5R - The build after a build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man.

Man i scrubbed everywhere lol.
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
      Rims look so good man!
      Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
      From one nice car to another these wheels have gone too. Looks beautiful mate well done ��
      Thanks guys. I'm stoked with them. Will try and get another shoot lined up for when Paulie gets his new shoes.

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
      Looks good man.

Man i scrubbed everywhere lol.
      That doesn't surprise me at all Victor hahaha.

Comment

Looking good man!

Saw you at Honda Social but you were busy talking to all these fan boys around your car.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Looking good man!

Saw you at Honda Social but you were busy talking to all these fan boys around your car.
          thanks felix ! you know how it is, gotta beat them off with a stick. everyone always asking where the splitter and canards came from, and i hate telling them haha.

Comment

It says it right there on the sticker ahhahah
            Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Looking great mate! And using RP oil! You baller!

Comment

Wakefield Park

What a day friday was. I was lucky enough to get a spot on TheLowDown.com's first ever track day at Wakefield Park. Having been to wakefield before but never driving there I was beyond exciting to get out there and see what the car was capable of. I was also lucky enough to be in some pretty high end company. The JDMYard DC5 was there, Heasman Steering bought down their S14 and SX developments were smashing round in their S15. Amongst that were a bunch of crazy race Evo's and some all round very impressive cars.

The day started in the usual fashion, with a stupidly early wake up and a 2 and a bit hour drive, with a nice maccas stop on the way. After arriving all I had to do was take all my stuff out of the car, triple check my wheel nuts were torqued and get out there. I was in the bottom group (as was expected considering my company) so got my helmet and got out there.

Ended up doing 6 sessions in the day. There were 7 all up but i needed a lunch break and i was already nackered so i skipped one of the passenger sessions. Only really notable event was spinning first corner in my first lap in the first session of the day. Got a little bit excited and forgot that warmup laps are a good idea, and that cold tyres aren't too sticky. The rest of the day ran flawlessly. The car stayed relatively cool, the brakes were solid, and the tyres weren't fading (too much).

I ended my day with a best time of 1:13.7. A time that I am incredibly proud of. The only real limiting factors on the car now is power (which I don't have the funds to remedy) and tyres (the Federals are good but not great) but I'll be using them for track stuff until theres nothing left of them then looking at going to the RS3s or maybe AD08s. I think with some better tyres and some more driving experience I should be able to get into the low 12s and maybe high 11s.

There was a bunch of photographers around all day, so i'll be sure to post any photos as they come to light.
                What I do have is the timesheet

and a sick shot from my good friend Joseph Hui

Comment

I also got a few extra photos from Honda Social from the Joseph Hui. Big shoutout to J-Hui Design and Photography

Comment

Nice work on the time man!

Seven sessions in total on the day, wow!
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Good work Shaun! How did the car feel? I would suggest looking beyond the power factor. Driver development, and funds towards tyres should yield you a more credible experience!

Comment

Nice times man!
                        Definitely get back out there

Comment

Great work Shaun!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

nice one mate

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                              Nice work on the time man!

Seven sessions in total on the day, wow!
                              Thanks a lot man. They planned the day with maximum track time in mind. 7 15 minute sessions is pretty intense. Hence me skipping one for lunch.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                              Good work Shaun! How did the car feel? I would suggest looking beyond the power factor. Driver development, and funds towards tyres should yield you a more credible experience!
                              Thanks Norm !

The car felt really good all day. Everything is super predictable and really easy. The only real issues I could name is getting locked out of 3rd coming down the hill which was annoying me, but was fixed with some braking changes. And now that I am getting more confident the tyres seem to be letting me down a little. Tyres is what I'll be looking at next for sure. And maybe a straight pipe axle back for a bit of racket.

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                              Nice times man!
                              Definitely get back out there
                              Thanks Todd! that's the plan. Will probably get to wakefield as much as I can, or until I hit 11s

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Great work Shaun!
                              Thanks felix !

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                              nice one mate
                              Cheers man.

Comment

let me know when you plan on hitting up wakey next. im itching for one, even just the standard speed off the street days

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                                X