The CR-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    .....I'll be using E85 and am picking fuel system parts to suit. For a car that sees limited street and track use like this one will it's the perfect fuel.
    Haha I was hoping you would, I assumed you were heading down that path when you mentioned you were getting a new fuel system.

Comment

I always enjoy reading your posts. Look forward to seeing your updates. It refreshing seeing someone having just as much fun building their car as driving it. Inspiring well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Water Boy View Post
        I always enjoy reading your posts. Look forward to seeing your updates. It refreshing seeing someone having just as much fun building their car as driving it. Inspiring well done!
        Thanks mate, I really appreciate everyone's comments.

I've ordered a few more things. From Acura:
        - RSX-S engine and charge harness
        - Various bolts and things that I have broken or lost
        - Thermostat
        - Clutch slave cylinder

From the bay:
        - Denso primary 02 sensor. Luckily I won't be needing the secondary, it's expensive.
        - Exedy sports organic clutch and HF02 flywheel

From Rywire:
        - Injector Dynamics 725s
        - Adapter harness

Hopefully get a chance to actually do some work on the car this weekend. I've decided to do all the welding on the car myself, so I need to get some practice in. Also the hydraulic clutch conversion kit I was going to use doesn't fit RHD cars, so I might just make my own.

Comment

noice update!

you gonna run an independent A/F meter?
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            noice update!

you gonna run an independent A/F meter?
            Thanks boss! Nope not going to run separate A/F, the OEM sensor logged through the Kpro should be perfectly adequate for what I need to do .

Comment

What welding in the car do you need done? MIG or TIG?

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                What welding in the car do you need done? MIG or TIG?
                Will be needing a bit of TIG; exhaust, intake etc.

Baffle Boss

Here is a couple of snaps to liven up things. I received my Clockwisemotion sump baffle quite a while ago. I still haven't put it in the car as I haven't had a chance to have the oil pump machined.

I also received a boss kit from Checkrd sports. Unfortunately they had discontinued their EF version, so I bought the EG version. Research suggests all I should need to do to make it fit is machine a bit off the end, my indicator cancelling won't work, but the spline should match.

Comment

Minor update. I received my second order of OEM Honda stuff today along with my clutch so I took the opportunity to spread it all out on the floor along with some previous stuff and work out exactly what I have.

In this pic and relevant to the CR-X:
                  - RBC Manifold
                  - K20A2 Oil pump
                  - K20A2 Oil pump chain and guides
                  - K20A2 Windage tray
                  - K series rocker cover gasket kit
                  - Intake manifold gasket
                  - K20A2 intake cam gear
                  - A battery tie down and bolt for a DC5 seems to have snuck in there

Some other stuff in this pic:
                  - Exedy sports organic clutch kit
                  - Exedy HF02 flywheel
                  - Flywheel bolts
                  - New DC5 engine and charge harnesses
                  - Throttle body gaskets
                  - Some engine mount bolts
                  - Clutch inspection cover
                  - Clutch slave cylinder

Comment

You've got parts everywhere! Haha very much looking forward to seeing this come together Tom

Comment

Nice update Tom!

So excited about this project. I some what miss the old ED, but it was really slow and needed a bigger engine like this!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                        You've got parts everywhere! Haha very much looking forward to seeing this come together Tom
                        Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        Nice update Tom!

So excited about this project. I some what miss the old ED, but it was really slow and needed a bigger engine like this!
                        Cheers boys! I have the majority of the engine bay parts on their way now.

Also I organised myself a basic TIG welding setup yesterday so now I just need heaps of practice and then I should be able to do the final engine bay prep before I get it painted.

Comment

This just turned up at work. Denso O2 sensor, part number 234-9005. Should do the job.

Comment

Mirin!

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                              Mirin!
                              Thanks guy.

Fuel, Welding and Wiring

So I've been practising a little with the TIG, and ordering more parts. No real progress on the car though. Here's the TIG gear that I acquired, a CIG Weldskill 200 with a couple of extra bits and pieces. Seems to work okay as far as I can judge, but we'll see how I go when I try to make my own exhaust or something.

Here's this weeks batch of parts.

In there is a Fuelab filter with a paper element for initial running around on 98, then I'll put in the 6 micron fiberglass element that's on the right hand side of the picture, and put E85 in the tank. I understand that the paper elements won't tolerate ethanol fuels indefinitely and the alternative stainless elements are only available as fine as 40 micron which isn't going to do anything worthwhile to protect the injectors. At the bottom right is a fuel pressure gauge to mount off the regulator, also from Fuelab. It's surprisingly hard to find a fuel pressure gauge with a black housing and white face.

In the centre is the set of ID 725cc injectors with pins and clips. I need to take the existing injector plugs off the DC5 engine harness and fit these plugs to suit the new injectors. Lastly the conversion harness from Rywire is on the left, lots of spare wires, I hope the instructions are good.

Comment

Good progress dude, and nice welding machine you got there, mind if you make me a ghetto fab ear drum bursting loud exhaust for track days? :P
                                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X