No announcement yet.

The CR-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you are looking for EF rear LCA for fork type? might be able to find some if you let me know, would EG fit?

haha, man if i knew you are doing this i would've kept all my DA parts LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RDC-2™ View Post
      so you are looking for EF rear LCA for fork type? might be able to find some if you let me know, would EG fit?

haha, man if i knew you are doing this i would've kept all my DA parts LOL!
      Found some thanks mate! EG ones don't fit properly, EFs are special little snowflakes.

Made a little progress today, K24s are kinda tall:

Full update to follow after tomorrow's activities.
      Attached Files

Comment

I get a little tingle when i see that you have updated this thread.
        More please

Comment

hey I think that's a little tall yeah
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

k24 taller than k20?

Comment

Loving the build man, keep it up!

Comment

hows that update coming along?
                keen to see that header and how you found asp to deal with?(they're on my shortlist to build me one)
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Updates yo!

Also, read PART1and PART2 of this. Made me think of your build. Quite a dope build and some great achievements.
                  Last edited by rookie; 03-08-12, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                    k24 taller than k20?
                    yes, by 18mm IIRC?
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                      I get a little tingle when i see that you have updated this thread.
                      More please
                      Updates yo!

Also, read PART1and PART2 of this. Made me think of your build. Quite a dope build and some great achievements.
                      Updates come as soon as I manage to get anything done! That CR-X is pretty cool, though a little extreme for my conservative tastes.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                      hows that update coming along?
                      keen to see that header and how you found asp to deal with?(they're on my shortlist to build me one)
                      Originally posted by nate92 View Post
                      Loving the build man, keep it up!
                      Thanks guys. Update on the ASP is here.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      hey I think that's a little tall yeah
                      Originally posted by maracer View Post
                      k24 taller than k20?
                      Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      yes, by 18mm IIRC?
                      Yep it's a little tall, tinkerbell is on the money, I understand the deck height difference is around 18-19mm. I look forward to butchering the bonnet to make the thing fit.

ASP Exhaust Manifold

Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been happening slowly but surely. A while ago I emailed a couple of header manufacturers to see what they could offer to fit the EF chassis with a K24. After a exchanging quite a few emails with Stefan at ASP I put down a deposit for him to build me an exhaust manifold, with an estimated completion date around the 31st of July.

The manifold ended up being finished on the 21st, and got to me by the 24th! I get the impression that someone else's cancelled order turned into mine.

Here's the box:

THe unboxing revealed a free T shirt!

The header itself:

The manifold looks good, with nice looking but obviously manual welds. The finish inside the exhaust ports and the collector in particular is quite good. Stefan at ASP suggested the 4-1 layout, with stepped primaries, then a megaphone and reverse cone on the end. In this area I was happy to defer to his experience, header design is something I have no interest in learning about or testing. I'm sure the ASP manifold will give me a great result.

I asked for a 3" V band on the end, and also got an extra flange and flex pipe to use with my street exhaust. I'll get a short section with a cat made up to mate to whatever cat back I decide to use for the street, I'm looking around for a nice second hand FGK Legalis R for that stock look.

I have done some more work in the engine bay, test fitting bits. More updates to follow.

Comment

That is one sexy manifold. Good example of custom jobs vs branded! And omg a free tshirt!

Comment

Headers looks awesome! Any up close photos of the welds?

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'll get a chance to write things up soon. I have ordered a few more parts today. From Karcepts I have the following bits on their way:

- Alternator relocation kit
                            - Black delrin gear knob
                            - Shifter base
                            - RBC throttle body adapter

Brian at Karcepts was quite good to deal with, I look forward to seeing what the parts look like when they turn up. Sometimes it seems US manufacturers get it into their head to make any junk they want as long as it can be machined from billet aluminium, and I'm always a bit wary of the quality. I'll be tweaking the aluminium parts a little too .

I also ordered a ClockwiseMotion sump baffle, so once that turns up along with a big bunch of Honda parts I can do the final assembly of the motor. Hopefully this will happen concurrently with getting the engine bay painted.

Headers looks awesome! Any up close photos of the welds?
                            Thanks guy. Sorry I didn't get any close ups, my 40mm lens only focuses to 0.8m.

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                            That is one sexy manifold. Good example of custom jobs vs branded! And omg a free tshirt!
                            Thanks boss. Unfortunately the T shirt was a little slim for my girth so I have passed it on to my woman.

Comment

wow awesome.
                              where you gonna get it tuned tom?

would love to come over and check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by hello View Post
                                wow awesome.
                                where you gonna get it tuned tom?

would love to come over and check this out.
                                Cheers mate. I'll be tuning it myself, starting with a conservative street tune to get it running and then I'll tidy it up on a dyno.

Motor test fit attempt 1

In the continuing theme of bringing the thread up to date. A couple of weekends ago I finished stripping things out of the engine bay ready to drop the motor in. I removed the proportioning valve, and bent some of the lines out of the way. I'm still unsure where I will mount this but I will probably end up making some of my own brake lines to mount it to my satisfaction. Here's an unrelated picture of the Hasport driver's side mount in place:

Also pulled out the AC core and some remaining bits and bobs in the engine bay. Here's the gearbox I'll be using, a Y2M3 box out of an Australian delivered '04 DC5R. My calculations suggest the ratios should be nice for Winton, though the slightly lower redline of the K24 and the small diameter tyres I am going to use mean that the gears will be pretty short.

There wasn't much to do to get the motor in. I slid the motor off the engine stand it was resting on, manhandled the gearbox onto the thing, then lifted the lot up and plonked it in the engine bay with the mounts attached and wiggled it around until it fit.

At this stage I couldn't get the rear mount in because of interference between the engine and the gearbox. I also need to wait a bit until I have a final test fit with the correct rear subframe and header I'll be using before I can mark where I want to weld the driver's side mount in. Unfortunately the EF8 battery tray is in a different spot to the D series equipped cars so the guiding holes on the Hasport bracket are useless.

Foiled for the day I moved on to other things. It was in there, which was a major milestone I thought. Beer o'clock.

All the good photos courtesy of my mate Dan CW, who is good enough to stand around and take pictures and still make time to point out when I am doing things the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                                X