No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my fren told me that s2000 stock opad are better than oem dc5 one...any suggestion about the s2000 one and the price as well? i feel the stock dc5 pad are sux when going hard brake, cruise and cornering...can s2k pad satisfied what i needed or other brands will be better than that....

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      Brand: Ferodo DS2500
      Car: Honda DC2
      Application: Street/track
      Fluid: Motul RBF600
      Price: $440 incl gst from Competition Friction

Comments:
      brilliant brake pads, very powerful stopping, minimal brake dust, needs 1 stop to get to temperature.
      new comments:

after 7000km

pads are still wearing well,

but must note that they are squeely on very slow stops with light application... e.g at traffic lights

otherwise faultless!!!!

particulary on track/circuit/touge!

disc wear is even and not harsh as the ENDLESS pads...
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by euGeR View Post
        I think ppl should include the sussy set up in terms of spring rate and setting. It's a pretty big factor in how hard you'd step on the peddle. The harder you step on it, the harder you are on the pads
        OK - my car is f*cking fast, with pretty hard spring rates...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          new comments:
          but must note that they are squeely on very slow stops with light application... e.g at traffic lights
          i can second this EXACTLY

squeeling at very low speeds approaching the lights

Comment

Anyone have any experience with Endless SSS pads?
            '07 HONDA JAZZ VTI-S NIGHTHAWK BLACK

Comment

So can anybody recomend a pad with low dust and minimal disc wear that is suitable for track days?
              while not breaKing THE BANK ACCOUNT?

Comment

Mugen Type S is quiet good......give you better bite over oem pads for street driving........while I use them on track they last 5 hot laps without fading......which really suprise me.......I use them for both track and street...low dust and low disc wear......and not expensive.....I can hook you up with some good deals....
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Type: Project Mu Level Max 500
                  Car: DC5R (stockish with RE55S)
                  Application: Street/track
                  Fluid: Fresh OEM Honda
                  Price: five hundred-ish for all four corners from JDMyard

Comments:
                  Track: I was very happy with the performance of the pads on the track after one track day, with no pad fade evident after many laps. Previously on OEM pads the pads would cease to give thier best long before the brake fluid would overheat. Pad wear seems on the high side of what I would have expected although I should get 1 or 2 more track days and quite a few street kilometers from these pads.

Street: The pads dust quite a lot compared to standard pads. The pads also squealed a lot initialy on low speed braking although this has decreased greatly since my last track day, so I may have not bedded in the pads correctly resulting in a bit more noise. Braking at low temperatures is good only slightly worse than oem and after a couple of stops they are just as good as OEM.

Overall I woiuld rate these pads 8 out of 10 for mixed track/street use.

Comment

good thread....

im after some pads now for my DC2R, i was thinking the DS2500's, BUT im not too crazy about the idea of them squealing, the car will be lukcy to get 50kms on it a week, and im looking at tracking more regularly, ie once a quarter...

whats the recommendation guys, im really lost and need some help

Comment

I've run ds2500 for about 2 years with very little squealing. The main problem is severe dusting over OEM. I think the ds2500 would be a good fit for you. They perform fine on street and do a good job on the track, I think my fronts have about 5 events on them now and probably good for one more.
                      http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

To stop the squealing with DS2500's get stuck right into them at least once a week.

The moment you start driving the car softly around town, the pads will start squealing lol.

It annoys me too.

Comment

Originally posted by JCE View Post
                          To stop the squealing with DS2500's get stuck right into them at least once a week.

The moment you start driving the car softly around town, the pads will start squealing lol.

It annoys me too.
                          My DS2500's when cold sound like there is no pad there at all!!

They sound like the backing plate is scraping against the rotor
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hey guys, im looking at getting new pads for the first time on my DC5R. I see that some of you are posting DC5R/AP1. Does that mean that the s2000 brake pads will go straight onto a DC5r?

Also any recommendations for just a daily driver/occaisional spirited driving through twisties.
                            Last edited by Didz; 29-08-07, 11:52 PM.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

yeah S2K fronts and AUDM DC5R fronts are exactly the same
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                              http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyR View Post
                                yeah S2K fronts and AUDM DC5R fronts are exactly the same
                                Sweet as! thanks!
                                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X