No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is QR really hard on brakes? This is first I have heard of someone not being happy with DS2500. I know several people happily using them. And they do outlast my Toyo R881 tyres on the track...
    http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Brand: EBC Yellow stuff
      Car: DC2R
      Application:circuit
      Fluid: Trust super 4 dot
      Price: $260 trade

I give them 9 out a ten, Dust doesnt bother me. Only used on track and I couldnt get break fade all day. Awsome.

ps stock pads desinergrate at tracks
      Friends dont let friends roll on nankangs

Comment

Originally posted by chuck View Post
        Is QR really hard on brakes? This is first I have heard of someone not being happy with DS2500. I know several people happily using them. And they do outlast my Toyo R881 tyres on the track...
        If you see the "Sprint Track" layout on QR, then you'll notice that you need to use the brake quite hard on 1st, 3rd and 5th corner. It's a small track so you won't have much time to cool down the brakes.

I think wakefield got different layout so it's not that hard on brakes comparing with QR, I never been there but i may go later this year.

Personal opinion(Well... for me): I've tried Stock, SSS, DS2500, CC-X on QR and none of them making me satisfy. You can say it's my skills but I will consider using other pads which suits the track condition. So I won't be able to tell you which pads is good for wakefield or Oran park or Philip Island cos I really got no idea.
        For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Brand: Stock Base DC5 brake pads
          Car: DC5 (auto)
          Application: street
          Fluid: Motul DOT4
          Price: $260 (quote from dealers)

Comments: Suitable usage for normal street driving. Fades after 5 to 10min of consistant medium to heavy breaking (around mountain roads and twisty stuff). But still good for occasional "playing around". Hardly any dust compared to aftermarket pads. Just a comfortable brake pad for sensible street use.

Brand: ENDLESS NA-R
          Car: DC5 (auto)
          Application: street/track
          Price: approx $400 - $500/front set

Comments: Excellent breaking force. No fade at all after 5 -7 laps at Morgan Park raceway. Requires 2 or 3 stops at the traffic lights to warm up. Once it's warmed up, it's good to go. As most aftermarket brake pads will do, it creates alot of break dust, and at times does squeek. Otherwise these are definately worth buying.

Brand: ENDLESS VN8500
          Car: DC5 (auto) rear set
          Price: approx $250/rear set

Comments: Don't really know if I can comment on their performance becuase I don't really notice much change between these on the rear compared to stock.
          Last edited by tofu; 11-09-06, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Brand: endless vn9500
            Car: EM1
            Price: $160 a pair

only noticed it to be a tad bit better over the standard
            not bad pads for just normal street driving, feels pretty good

Comment

Another vote for Ferodo DS2500. No longer have any braking problems or overheating anymore in DC2R.

Doesn't dust much in light street use. Dusts heavily in heavy use. Never squeels, can feel a tiny bit soft the first application on a cold day.

- Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andys View Post
                Another vote for Ferodo DS2500. No longer have any braking problems or overheating anymore in DC2R.

Doesn't dust much in light street use. Dusts heavily in heavy use. Never squeels, can feel a tiny bit soft the first application on a cold day.

- Andrew
                DC5R - running 330x28mm 4 pot alcon setup -

I have had two sets of 2500's and i really don't like them.

Lots and Lots of dust, which results in squealing.

Very Harsh rotor wear for street use, the co-efficient is right for my brake setup and street driving.

Wear is ok on track but as alvin said they tend to bite hard and then fade quickly under hard braking.

5-6/10 for both street and track.

DC5R - Stock brake setup:

Endless NA-R :

Great for street and track, did fade a little on 4th or 5th lap but this can be expected. Excellent on street, dust isn't too pad, typical of a performance pad.

8-9/10 Street and Track
                NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Brand: Winmax Sports pads
                  Car: Honda DC2R
                  Application: Street/track - 0-600 degrees
                  Price: $160 fitted from Bel

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

noob question: im gona be using my dc2 vtir brakes for the upcoming CC and i need some good pads. will either the Ferodo or endless VN9500 be sufficient for 2 hard laps? i will probably be gettn new slotted and dimpled discs as well.

also where can i purchase these pads?
                    LONDA

Comment

umm yeah that would hold up easyyy!! 2 laps you'll be fine...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                        Brand: EBC Red Stuff Ceramic 0-800 degrees
                        Car: AUDM Honda DC5R/AP1 Pad
                        Application: Street/track
                        Price: $220

Rate 6/10 for street
                        7/10 for track

I'm using EBC Red stuff as well...no problem for street or track.......I reckon it bite ok when its cold....<Maybe just for me>lol....last 2 good track days......

ordered.....mugen Type S
                        Price........$250....My friend have them on and said they are ok....will use them for my next track and see whether its better then EBC or not......
                        Brand: Mugen Type S 0-800 degrees
                        Car: AUDM Honda DC5R/AP1 Pad
                        Application: Street/track
                        Price: $250

Rate 8/10 for both street and track

Excellent on both street and track.....very consistant and didn't fade after 5 hot laps... ..very soild paddle feel.....compare with EBC Red stuff.....I will choose mugen.......the only compliant is this didn't come with wear indicater <the metal piece which make sound when ur pad goes low> so you need to check ur pad in a regular basis.....
                        Last edited by air23box; 02-12-06, 05:02 AM.
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Brand: Carbotech XP8
                          Car: AP1 S2000
                          Application: Track
                          Price: $250

Great track pads with minimal fade even after a good 10 hot laps.

Brand: Colbot GT-S
                          Car: AP1 S2000
                          Application: Track/Daily
                          Price: $200

A bit loud/squeaky for daily driver, and a bit too soft for track use. Would not recommend. You either go w/ a track pad or you don't.

Comment

chikai - can you advise whicjh retailer you got the above pads from?
                            ... retired/

Comment

I think ppl should include the sussy set up in terms of spring rate and setting. It's a pretty big factor in how hard you'd step on the peddle. The harder you step on it, the harder you are on the pads

Good example is GoldCoastDCR5's set up. High powered, big brakes ... more top speed by the time he reaches a corner with much later braking
                              ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                              - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                                chikai - can you advise whicjh retailer you got the above pads from?
                                http://www.carbotecheng.com/

http://www.gofastlab.com/s2ki/home.php

Comment

Working...
                                X