No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the sss is more of a street pad, how are they for dust and noise?

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
      Sounds like the sss is more of a street pad, how are they for dust and noise?
      Its a street/track day pad rated to 400~500 degrees
      Relatively inexpensive as I picked these up for around $200 (Overseas)

Not sure about dust, I have black rims but no noise or squeals whatsoever.

Leo
      MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Leo, are they 200 for just the fronts or all around?

Comment

http://www.nengun.com/endless/super-street-s-sports

front + rear is $264 from nengun...
          ... retired/

Comment

Leo, are they 200 for just the fronts or all around?
            Sorry, should have been clearer...

About $250 a set, so $500 for front and Rear.
            and seriously, I think its going to last me next season as well.

Comment

How do they compare to the ds2500, dunno if youve used them beofre, but apparently they are a great "crossover" pad between street and track, but are dusty and also squeal alot

Do the sss's squeal a lot?

Comment

and oh...and one very good reason not to use track pads on the road, is that it doesn't bit even when you've slammed on the brakes.

I've tried that and its very scary...overshot a red light by a whole car length and a bit, luckily it was night and there were no cars around.

Comment

How do they compare to the ds2500, dunno if youve used them beofre, but apparently they are a great "crossover" pad between street and track, but are dusty and also squeal alot

Do the sss's squeal a lot?
                  SSS- no sqeal...

Sorry, never used other pads b4 except stock so can't compare.

Comment

thanks a lot for your input mate...

the ds2500 isnt a track only pad, it is a compromise so one they have just come up to a bit of temperature i think theyd be OK

Comment

no, the DS2500 has bite from first application.

that is why i am such a fan...
                      ... retired/

Comment

ive been reading around, and apparently putting in a less agressive pad i the rears will prevent squeaking, because apparently the rears are more proned to squeaking... kinda makes sense as the rears will get much lighter application

Comment

i put DS2500's on (all 4) when i go to the track and put the stock pads back on afterwards.. that stops the pads from a> eating my rotors, b> squeaking and c> dusting my wheels like crazy

its about an hours work each time... its pretty easy on a DC2R

Comment

I just found out that I’ve bent my race pad’s backing plate (GRRR 2 pot calipers GRRR). Apparently the bow will put a bit of flex on first application and I won’t be getting even application of the pads across the face of the rotors. I’m starting to think about getting some 4 pot calipers so that I can really lean on the brakes (I have had the brake temp on the calipers getting up to 600 degrees years ago and when my shocks/springs were past their best it was starting to 3 wheel under weight transfer in some turns under late braking).

What do people think of the idea that the thinner the pads (i.e. new pads and old pads of the same compound) the more heat is being transferred to the calipers and the more heat is going in to the brake lines? Someone mentioned it to me today and it seemed to make sense.
                            Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

it woudl only be marginal...

brakes get hot anyways, the amount of pad material might make a difference as to how quickly the heat spreads to the caliper...
                              ... retired/

Comment

All, i need some urgent help... i need to know the part number for the rear pads on an ITR for the DS2500. Dave sent me through the part number, but that seems to be for the VTIR... there is no listing for the ITR, and the Bendix site doesnt have one either...

help please!

Comment

Working...
                                X