No announcement yet.

Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw some AD08's the other day and they look so good, i have RE001 n they're are great, however the guy that had the AD08s in stock said that the RE001 are entry compared to AD08! anybody have these yet!?
    DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
      I saw some AD08's the other day and they look so good, i have RE001 n they're are great, however the guy that had the AD08s in stock said that the RE001 are entry compared to AD08! anybody have these yet!?
      Pwoar, just read up on them here.

They seem awesome, 2 seconds faster than AD07's. Taleb Tyres is selling AD07's for $200 a pop for 205/45/16. I'm now contemplating waiting for AD08's!

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

i think to a limited number of people, they re in shop. i went to tyre-power Hawthorn and they got em'. I think tyre power hawthorn is different from any other tyre-power, there's heavily modified evo, wrx and 350z there, all stunning cars, and loc, one of the guys that works there pulled out the 2009 spoon catalogue and i shat everywhere.
        DCIIR

Comment

i shat everywhere.
          You litrally poo'd everywhere? Nice man!

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

For people looking for review of KU36 on track

I took the KU36s to Wakefield Park yesterday
            and created my new "street tyre" PB 1:13.20
            only 1.5sec slower than my semi slick PB

FYI:
            Car: Honda Integra Type R (DC2)
            Tyre: Kumho KU36 205/50R15; Running 40psi HOT all around
            Laptimer: AIM MyChron Light

oh..and it was a windy track yesterday
            Last edited by Calsonic_R32; 30-05-09, 12:33 PM.
            Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

i think to a limited number of people, they re in shop. i went to tyre-power Hawthorn and they got em'. I think tyre power hawthorn is different from any other tyre-power, there's heavily modified evo, wrx and 350z there, all stunning cars, and loc, one of the guys that works there pulled out the 2009 spoon catalogue and i shat everywhere.
              I have one too Pat....
              I am currently using Toyo R1R........compare to RE001 that I had b4......they are so different......grip level on both dry and wet is so much better compare to RE001......and yeah....BS RE001 is only entry level of performance tyres.......
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                went from 1:51.28 to 1:49.11 at Winton

there is definitely room for improvement as well
                I think its yourself not the tyres justin......just bcoz you change new tyres so you feel more confident to drive thats why......but glad to see improvement there tho...
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                  I think its yourself not the tyres justin......just bcoz you change new tyres so you feel more confident to drive thats why......but glad to see improvement there tho...
                  We shall see in a bout a week eddy, the new pads arrived today and it will be interesting to see how much i can get :P
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Anyone got a price on AD08's 15" yet?

Comment

15" in what size
                      Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Im rollling around on the Ku36 atm on my evo. Very nice tyre for street. Quiet and grips very well dry and wet.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                          Im rollling around on the Ku36 atm on my evo. Very nice tyre for street. Quiet and grips very well dry and wet.
                          What he said... except change Evo to DC5R

Comment

What's the wear rates with the KU36 for you guys? Heard they don't last too long. Need some new tyres for the golf gti (225/45/17), any suggestions? Got a quote for re001 for 222 with nrma discount.
                            CARSFORHOPE

Comment

I have driven down to Canberra and back, and done normal driving around Brisbane for about a month, took it to get a wheel alignment on the weekend, and the guy thought the tyres where near new.

So that's about 4k km so far...

I got mine for $194 each from option1garage... but you would also need to factor in shipping.

Personally think they are well worth the money.

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll look into it
                                CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Working...
                                X