Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Pads Thread

Hey guys,

Noticed there isnt a brake pad thread here so thought id start one up to help those who are in the market for some new pads. Would be easier if we use the following template.

Brand: EBC green stuff 0-500 heat range
    Car: Honda AP1 S2000
    Application: Street/track
    Price: $145 incl gst from shift performance

Comments:

didnt know what to expect when i first bought these really. I wanted a street/track pad and these seemed like good bang for buck from the reviews. Held up nicely at wakefield. Only gripe i had was the excessive amount of brake dust they left on my wheels
    LONDA

Brand: Formula Ferodo aka TS2000 (Part number, DB1206FF for DC2R)
    Car: EG hatch
    Price: $70 new of guy from ozhonda. ~$160 rrp.

Comments: Dusty. Not good if u have white rims - they go black in 3 days - u can see the dust after a few kms of driving. On the steet i cant feel much of a difference between oem. Never used oem on the track. But they ferodos held up fine on wakefield. temp rating is 0 -500 degrees.
    Very good pad. but i would like to try DS2500 or DS3000.

Comment

add a rating out of 10 for street and for track i say. i'll delete this post soon.
      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Brand: Project Mu Titan HC+ 0-800 degrees
        Car: Honda DC5R
        Price: $380 Mu's Secret in Kensington

Comments:
        The dustiest pads i've ever seen. turns even the gun metal black type R wheels black. Dust builds up on the rotors and you will start to get this sound when braking. It is also quite sqeaky. No need to worry about stopping in a cold early morning.

Comment

Brand: EBC Red Stuff Ceramic 0-800 degrees
          Car: AUDM Honda DC5R/AP1 Pad
          Price: $250 Autobarn Mentone
          Fluid: Motul RBF600

Comment - Only good when Hot. Very low bite when cold, even when warm. Needs 300+ degree to work properly. Dont recommend for street. Good for 2 track days. Pad is not good enough for the price. Lots of brake dust on wheels and hard to clean off , even tough EBC claim very low brake dust.

Ratings: Street : 3/10
          Track : 8/10

Ordered
          Brand: Project Mu Type R 0-650 degrees Carbon Pad [Jap Spec pad for AP1]
          Price: $330 On The Run Motorsports
          Last edited by AUDM DC5R; 18-09-06, 10:18 PM. Reason: Added Fluid

Comment

Brand: Honda DC2R OEM
            Car: Honda DC2R
            Price: Came with car - anyone know replacement cost?
            Street Rating: 9
            Track Rating: 7

Comments:
            An excellent street pad that is quite low dusting, works well at cold temps and I have rarely, if ever, experienced fade on the street. Never squeals and well wearing.
            Very Good on the track, but only lasts 3-4 intense laps for me, but during that 3-4 laps, very hard to fault.

Brand: Ferodo DS2500
            Car: Honda DC2R
            Price: $250 Competition Friction www.compfriction.com.au/
            Street Rating: 7
            Track Rating: 9

Comments:
            Very dusty, can squeal, need some warmth for full effect. Handled 10 hot laps straight at Oran Park without fade - they last longer than my tyres. You can get them smoking but they still work. Great track pad. This was in combination Motul RBF600 ($26 / 500ml @ motorbike shops), which also resists fade much better than stock fluid. On stock fluid the pedal can be on the floor after a full day at Wakefield.
            http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Brand: Endless SSS
              Car: Honda DC2 Vti-R
              Application: Street
              Price: I forgot
              Track Rating: 2

Comments:
              An excellent street pad and there are not too much dust, Probably needs few light brakes to warm up at cold temps but you'll get the grip very soon. And as the temp increases, you'll get more and more braking power. Personal opinion, not enough for hard braking on street, eg: twisties on mountains

Forget about it on the track, Fade out after 2-3 laps on QR

------------------
              Car: Honda DC2 Vti-R
              Price: $200
              Track Rating: 5

Comments:
              Quite alot of dust and gotta brush the rims to clean, need warm up just won't take long at all. I think this is a "not-bad" sporty pad on the street cos it does give stable braking power if you push the car and try to stop the car on time. But on the track i don't think it gives enough stablility and it will fade out quite quickly, maybe 4-5 laps on QR.

PS: I used Motul RBF600 with those pads and they are fresh
              For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Has anyone here tried the Endless SSY? i'm curious to know how they perform... similar to the NA-Y? (i've heard good comments about those)

Comment

Originally posted by AUDM DC5R View Post
                  Price: $250 Autobarn Mentone

Comment - Only good when Hot. Very low bite when cold, even when warm. Needs 300+ degree to work properly. Dont recommend for street. Good for 2 track days. Pad is not good enough for the price. Lots of brake dust on wheels and hard to clean off , even tough EBC claim very low brake dust.

Ratings: Street : 3/10
                  Track : 8/10
                  Price: $220

I'm using EBC Red stuff as well...no problem for street or track.......I reckon it bite ok when its cold....<Maybe just for me>lol....last 2 good track days......

ordered.....mugen Type S
                  Price........$250....My friend have the on and said they are ok....will use them for my next track and see whether its better then EBC or not......
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Car: Honda DC2
                    Price: $440 incl gst from Competition Friction

Comments:
                    brilliant brake pads, very powerful stopping, minimal brake dust, needs 1 stop to get to temperature.

Brand: ENDLESS NA-Y
                    Car: Honda DC2
                    Price: $???

Comments:
                    excellent brake pads, very powerful stopping, very consistent feel, a bit dusty, did not wear discs badly.
                    ... retired/

Comment

Brand: Project Mu HC+
                      Car: Honda DC5R
                      Fluid: Stock
                      Price: $cant remember

Comments: I concur with how much these pads dust like a french maid and squeal like a whore (not that I'd know). On the track these pads are just awesome! Very linear feel with a good meaty inital bite. Brake fade really isnt much of an issue as these pads can get as hot as Jessica Alba.
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                      http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

anyone got a review on Endless VN9500,because i am looking to purchase one.

My budget is around $150,any good recommendation rather than VN9500?
                        It will be mate with set od DBA slotted.thx

Comment

lol @ funky. u and your anecdotes..

Brand: p.mu b-spec
                          Car: DC2R
                          Application: street/circuit
                          Fluid: stock
                          Price: $550 / front&rear set

Comments: squeel and dust HEAPS! very very dusty.fronts lasted about 8months before they were worn completely. +they chewed the stock rotors.1 track day and daily driving. worked quite well on the track though, with street tyres. no fade and good bite.

Brand: endless euro-x
                          (note: zeal streight6 front rotors)
                          Price: $400/front set.

Comments: higher temp range than my previous p.mu's but dust MUCH less and dont squeal nearly as much. great on the track (with s-tyres this time so more wear on brakes) with absolutely no fade and great pedal feel.really impressd with these. highly recommend them. (not cheap tho..)

Brand: endless na-r
                          Price: $680 / front&rear set

Comments: very similar to euro-x's in their performance. on the track they provide excellent braking with great feel and no fade whatsoever even towards the end of the day, on the 4th or 5th lap of hard braking! they seem to be a little more 'progressive' in their stopping power than the euro-x's ie. not quite as on/off. very impressive pads.
                          on the street they dust about as much as the euro-x's (not too bad for a performance pad) and need a minute of normal driving before the pedal feels good (they will work ok when cold, just dont feel as good).
                          i would highly recommend these pads for circuit/street use.

Brand: endless type-r
                          Price: ? (call centrax auto for quote)

Comments: similar to euro-x and na-r's which i used previously. i dont know if it is that i have grown accustomed to really sharp braking but they seem not quite as good as the euro-x's and na-r's in pedal feel, definitely seem more progressive like the na-r's rather than on/off like the euro-x's felt..but i'm splitting hairs here, still fantastic pads for winding road/track. like the others they do work best after there is a little heat in the brakes..
                          Last edited by szymonsta; 16-10-08, 05:05 PM.
                          "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

The ferodos ds2500's are awesome pads..
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #004

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
                              The ferodos ds2500's are awesome pads..
                              Depends on what conditions i think, really not good enough on QR
                              For Sale:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...9488#post19488

Comment

Working...
                              X