Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prash; 17x9.. With an offset around te 30's.... Definately get ur guards rolled especially when hardcornering is needed in any situation... You dont want the tyre to hit your guard.... And a rear camber kit is definatrly needed unless u are slammed hardcore! 9+28 is very similar to 9.5 +30! and im running that on my rears with a strrtched tyre... With my sidewall rubbing on guard on hard cornering!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Prash; 17x9.. With an offset around te 30's.... Definately get ur guards rolled especially when hardcornering is needed in any situation... You dont want the tyre to hit your guard.... And a rear camber kit is definatrly needed unless u are slammed hardcore! 9+28 is very similar to 9.5 +30! and im running that on my rears with a strrtched tyre... With my sidewall rubbing on guard on hard cornering!
      couple of probs there for me...i dont want to run a stretched tyre..i will roll my guards and get rear camber kit...also u had 18s so it should be a better fit for me with 17s right?
      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
      Flickr
      my car blog - Have a read
      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Just realised I haven't updated with new specs.

So far front only - Advan RG, 17x9.5 +35 - 255/40

Notes (Front only)
        - -1.5' camber
        - Lowered max on Tein SS
        - No guard mods.

As you can see there is a slight bit of poke. Only rubs on full lock, but this is only on uneven ground. I'll be getting some 245/40 when I have them and the rear 17x8.5 +31 mounted.

Comment

^^ Nice Robby!

How you fidnig it witha 255 tyre up front? When i change my tires in a couple years, cos im running hardcore camber up front, im thinknig of going 245/255 instead ofa stertched 235...
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

The 255 is ever so slightly stretched on the 9.5... well compared to my 225/45 on the 17x8's which basically have so stretch what so ever. I'm guessing the 245/40 is going to have some stretch, but nothing silly.

Comment

so im thinking 17*9 +38 with 255/40 front and rear with guards rolled and reasonable camber..will it fit? espec the rear?...the guys in the rpf1 group buy are getting 17*9 +35 which is almost identical so i guess it should work...has anyone managed to fit 9 +38 with 255/40 at the rear?
              Flickr

Comment

It depends on how much camber u want to run? ifu want minimal amber, i really really liked how my 17x8.5 +31 looked... -0.55 in the rear and -1.75 in the front, if u wannatackle corners hard, i would make the rear -0.75 at the very minimum, with -0.55 i got the slighest scrub every now and then.. having siad that, i was running a softer setup and wasnt running that stiff.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  It depends on how much camber u want to run? ifu want minimal amber, i really really liked how my 17x8.5 +31 looked... -0.55 in the rear and -1.75 in the front, if u wannatackle corners hard, i would make the rear -0.75 at the very minimum, with -0.55 i got the slighest scrub every now and then.. having siad that, i was running a softer setup and wasnt running that stiff.
                  i think im running -1.5 at the rear..and my car is pretty stiff so it should be ok i guess..?
                  Flickr

Comment

El update-o

Front:
                    17x9.5 +35 - 245/40/17 Kuhmo KU36
                    Camber: -1.4
                    No guard mods
                    No scrubbing

Rear:
                    17x8.5 +31 - 225/45/17 Kuhmo KU36
                    Camber: -3.2
                    Rear guards rolled

Happy with the stance and driveablity of the front rims. The stretch on the front isn't over the top, and the rims actually poke out of the guards, but not by a heap, which is what I wanted

Still not overly happy with the rears. I have to buy rear camber arms, as the camber bushers are maxed out. Ultimately I would prefer to find another pair of RG's with lower offset so I can keep the camber (Be it -2', so it's noticeable), but still get close to the guards.

Comment

Looks great mate! Out of interest how much adjustment do the rear camber bushes you have provide? I am guessing you have the Whiteline ones? I have a set of them that I have had lying around for years un-installed and I am thinking of putting them in.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Looks great mate! Out of interest how much adjustment do the rear camber bushes you have provide? I am guessing you have the Whiteline ones? I have a set of them that I have had lying around for years un-installed and I am thinking of putting them in.
                        Yeah I have the whiteline bushes

I believe it is +/- 1'.

The fact you have to take the entire rear rotor/control arm assembly out so you can hydrolic press the top busher out is a bit of a pain in the ass for 1' of adjustment.

Comment

would it be hard to fit 17x9 +25 on our dc5's? my car's not that low at the moment. only lowered on king springs.
                          any insight will be much appreciated.
                          thanks.

Comment

What rims Daniel?

Comment

No thats what im running... 18x9.5 +30....
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

how much camber are your running? not really worried about the front, just the back. LOL..how wide are your tyres?
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X