Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-incidentally I just took off the set of rims I have been running for the last 1.5 years with -2.8 camber. Struggled to find a pic that fully illustrates the camber wear but please see the following:

If you look closely enough on the right side where the camber wear is, you can see how there is suddenly a sharp slope where as the left hand side is a nice gradual slope down. The photo is dead set in the centre.

This tyres has just been on the track also so you can also see where the most heavily wearing area is and how the camber has influenced this wear.

I'm no baller and to me this camber is substantial especially considering that the RE01R new tread is only 7mm from the tread wear marker.

I don't think Tom was ever on -6 or close to -6 long enough for proper photos.

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
    I concur.

Guess we'll find out

You will be fine Will. If it doesn't fit initially just add more camber. Camber makes everything work.
    Last edited by TeMp; 29-05-10, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pic! Maybe i am a little naive, but I would not consider that to be 'epic' camber wear. Yeah sure, there is definitely wear there and it is noticeable. so I concede that fact :P. Maybe it wasn't quite -6 deg but it was quite high and I remember seeing a pretty unusual strategy of tyre rotation to combat it.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
        Thanks for the pic! Maybe i am a little naive, but I would not consider that to be 'epic' camber wear. Yeah sure, there is definitely wear there and it is noticeable. so I concede that fact :P. Maybe it wasn't quite -6 deg but it was quite high and I remember seeing a pretty unusual strategy of tyre rotation to combat it.
        tyre roatation could work if u have less negative camber at the front and also if you're not running staggered wheels...i still think -3 is alot if u dd ur car and not just track/weekend drive it...thats my opinion anyway
        183.2KW ATW
        BUILT BY DR HONDA
        Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

@ Vin, yeh true that. Camber is the answer. Thanks for the pic, not enough pics of the effect of camber on tyres. Someone needs to make a thread somewhere . Although most people aren't bothered to take pictures of their tyre wear.

Tyre rotation doesn't sound like a bad idea since I'm running the non-staggered wheels.
          DC5S

Comment

Tyre rotation doesn't sound like a bad idea since I'm running the non-staggered wheels.
            Also if your tyres are not Asymmetrical you can flip them. Or you could be adventurous and flip them if they were Asymmetrical

Comment

Just got a question; when using a wheel offset calculator.

What does the INNER CLEARANCE mean??

When it says"s 26MM LESS. Does that mean the wheel is 26mm closer to the suspension as opposed to the previous wheel?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Been a long long time coming...

9J +28
                9J +35

245/40 all round
                Last edited by TeMp; 07-06-10, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Looks awesome TeMp!

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                    Looks awesome TeMp!
                    f*** ur fast Justin. lol

Comment

Haha. Look who's talking Vincent!

Comment

so beautiful
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Sexy! You mean 9J +28 right? Got any other pics to show fitment?
                          DC5S

Comment

Sexy! You mean 9J +28 right? Got any other pics to show fitment?
                            Oops. I had +28 in my mind but for some reason I wrote +29 =\

Need to take some more later as I realised my steering wheel was turned a little in these pics.

Comment

Mass sex!

Comment

looking hot vincent!!!!!!!! I got a few pic of ur car but just dont have time, been busy..

Comment

Working...
                                X