Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, but will I be able to run 7-8 wide, offset 30-42, smoothly? or will it require camber and pumped guards ?
    MY VTEC GOOOES!BAAAAAABWAAAAAAH

Comment

Originally posted by RSKEBBY View Post
      okay, but will I be able to run 7-8 wide, offset 30-42, smoothly? or will it require camber and pumped guards ?
      I believe that any offset above 35 or so on an 8" wheel will have potential to hit the rear trailing arm at the rear with 15s. 16s will give you more room on the inside due to the taper of the rear trailing arm. The ranges you give are too broad, a 16x8 +30 with a 225/45 will almost certainly need guard rolling whereas a 16x7 +42 with a 205/45 will almost certainly not.

Take a look at Wlee2's fitment on the first page and then base how much more or less poke you want from that.

Comment

Originally posted by RSKEBBY View Post
        16x7 +42 with 205 definitely fit well

16x8 +42 with 215 will start to rub without camber. With 225, might as well roll your fender and you will need sufficient camber too : )

again, all that will depend on how low is ur car as well!

Comment

Ok thanks for the help, will be looking at getting SSRs 16x8.. and run camber. can anybody show some pics if they have some? dont wanna risk going to wide !

Car is lowered on spings, and not "too low" but will be changing to coils soon.

Comment

Just so you know, 16x8 will require you to run 215 at least or 225s. You will definitely need a lot of camber when your car is lowered (1 finger gap). 205 is possible but it'll b stretched.

Also, tyre not gonna be cheap and limited selection : )

Comment

decided. will be running 17x7.5 +30. 205 or 215.

taken from SPL_K's fitment of advans rg on the rear.
              Last edited by RSKEBBY; 10-10-10, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, looking at running 17x8 +38 at all 4 on DC5S. running 235's

Running -2 deg camber at front and -1.5 deg camber at rears, will i be fine?

(Looking through the 58 pages while typing this, trying to find it ^_^)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarados View Post
                  Hey guys, looking at running 17x8 +38 at all 4 on DC5S. running 235's

Running -2 deg camber at front and -1.5 deg camber at rears, will i be fine?

(Looking through the 58 pages while typing this, trying to find it ^_^)
                  Daz had nearly that same setup but with +35 offset back on one of the early pages and didn't have any rubbing with nearly the same alignment settings. With a 225 I would say you would definitely get away without guard rolling but with a 235 it is harder to say and it all depends on ride height.

Comment

I've dropped the back so there is 0.5cm gap betwene the guard and the tyre, and around 3cm from tyre up front. (estimations)

edit: thx for info, i think i just got to the page.
                    sigpic

Comment

maybe a bit weak , but with 17x7.5 +42 what are the best option for tyres to get to make the best possible fitment without clearing issues? have n+ lowered to 1.5 finger gap all around

Comment

Originally posted by BlkR View Post
                        maybe a bit weak , but with 17x7.5 +42 what are the best option for tyres to get to make the best possible fitment without clearing issues? have n+ lowered to 1.5 finger gap all around
                        205 or 215 should clear no problems. 225 might rub a little on the inside splash guard on full lock. I know mine did with -1.5deg camber but i never noticed it and it was (as far as i know) only when tracking.
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by BlkR View Post
                          slightly off topic,

I got a question for you, i dropped my car evenly all around and the gap between the front and rear is different. So you lowered the front more then the rear? car is nose diving?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarados View Post
                            slightly off topic,

I got a question for you, i dropped my car evenly all around and the gap between the front and rear is different. So you lowered the front more then the rear? car is nose diving?
                            just lowered it until you feel its right for you .. it looks different bcos of the wheel arch... the front wheel arch is bigger than the rear (might be the other way round)

Comment

im thinking of running 17x9.5 +15 what do i need to do charger? im new to modifying

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
                                im thinking of running 17x9.5 +15 what do i need to do charger? im new to modifying
                                Charger?
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X