Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any advice on running a 15x7" +35 with 225/50 (9.1" side) tires?
    or should i use 205/50 (8.3" wide)?
    http://www.talebtyres.com.au/content...-T1R-Specs.pdf

Comment

WHen i have 7 Inch wide wheels, i ran 215.

Comment

Trial fitted my set of CE28s and was just looking for some advice!

The current specs on the wheels are:

F: 18 x 9.5 +22 on a 265/35/18
        R: 18 x 8.5 +25 on a 245/40/18

I'll be changing the front tyres to 235/40/18 and the rears most likely will be 225/40/18 or 225/45/18 to help me fit them in.

Not too fussed about the rears as I've got a camber kit in and I imagine that would allow me to easily tuck that under.
        Rears:

With the fronts however I've only got 1 set of camber bolts and perhaps some camber adjustment from my coils (haven't had a look yet). I doubt I'll be able to get enough camber from just 1 set to tuck that much poke under. So would the solution be to get another set of camber bolts (does it have to be the same brand i.e. SPC in my case)? Or would it be easier to get the adjustable tie rods made by Todd on ClubRSX? (here:http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=666017).

Front:

Any help would be much appreciated!
        DC5S

Comment

Will, since the fronts are 9.5+28 ... i got 9.5+30 and im running -4 up front, and its not flush at all, i got plenty of clearance at the top. When the fronts were -1.75 .. it poked out the top by like 2-3mm .. this was all witha 235/40/18 tire. in regards to the rears, my old rims that were 8.5+31 with a 235/40/17 sized tire at the rear sat nice and flush with only -0.55 camber.... so decide wat size tire u want for the rear, then u choose ur camber options.

Since you got ce28m's, i reckon choose the tire sizes that fit, rather than going for a stretched look.

If u want Will, your welcome to testfit the wheels/tires on my car with my current setup... im running -4 FRONT and -2.5 REAR. BTW Im on my friend's account, but its me plAythiNG (ALEX)

Comment

haha yeh I've realised that you use his account sometimes.

Fronts are 9.5 + 22 though so perhaps that changes it a little. How many camber bolts did you have for your fronts? -1.75 and it nearly fit already? That sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully I can run something like -2.5 to -3.

As for the tyre sizes. I agree that stretch won't look good on the ce's although it would be silly to run a wider tyre at the rear than the front. That's why I'm trying to get 225 on the rears.

I might take you up on the offer to test fit. Have you lowered your car yet?
            DC5S

Comment

Welll the +22 vs. +30... Its 8 mm difference, it is quite significant there, and like I said, the fronts have quite a bit of clearance from the top of the tire and the fender. Have you gotten your guards rolled yet?

Maybe next sunday possibly. What you mean have I lwoered my car. I ahvnt touched it at all. So if you cannot rememebr my ride height when I had 17's, its still the same, but sits higher because of the bigger rim size.

I only have one set of camber bolts, im sure becuase u hav ohlines and also one set of camber bolts, you'll be fine.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
                Trial fitted my set of CE28s and was just looking for some advice!

The current specs on the wheels are:

F: 18 x 9.5 +22 on a 265/35/18
                R: 18 x 8.5 +25 on a 245/40/18

I'll be changing the front tyres to 235/40/18 and the rears most likely will be 225/40/18 or 225/45/18 to help me fit them in.

Not too fussed about the rears as I've got a camber kit in and I imagine that would allow me to easily tuck that under.
                Rears:
                http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8343/img5341p.jpg

With the fronts however I've only got 1 set of camber bolts and perhaps some camber adjustment from my coils (haven't had a look yet). I doubt I'll be able to get enough camber from just 1 set to tuck that much poke under. So would the solution be to get another set of camber bolts (does it have to be the same brand i.e. SPC in my case)? Or would it be easier to get the adjustable tie rods made by Todd on ClubRSX? (here:http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=666017).

Front:
                http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6785/img5386yu.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!
                Have you considered getting a 245/35 front tyre and a 225/40 rear. It will make the diameters more even and the way the tyre sits on the wheel will be more even front to rear (a very slight stretched look). I am a bit obsessed with tyre diameter these days. You might need slightly more negative camber at the front but you might not considering the 10mm smaller diameter of the 245/35 over the 235/40.

Brand of the camber bolts shouldn't matter at all, and remember that the tie rods from Todd won't actually get you any extra negative camber, they will just allow you sufficient toe adjustment to set the toe to zero whatever the camber. Do your coilovers have adjustable top mounts? In any case it seems around -3 to -3.5 would get the fronts under there with a 245. How you achieve the camber is up to you . Going to look tops!

Also the 245/225 combo is available in some decent tyres, Kumho KU36 among them.

Comment

Quoted from RPF1 group buy thread.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Silly Trev, anything in 9" and above in 17" has the same face no matter the offset. Only the depth of the hub region of the wheel gets larger with wider and lower offsets. You should get a 17/18" staggered setup .
                  Was just wondering about the pro's and cons of running a staggered 17/18" setup?
                  DC5S

Comment

I think as long as the rolling diameter is thre samr.. The konly thing noticable will be the more bumps felt if u had saythe 18" up front with the lower profile... For a week i had my 18's at the rear, and my dc5r 16" wheels upnfront... It felt pretty good actually.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Was just wondering about the pro's and cons of running a staggered 17/18" setup?
                      Depends on your reasons and what car it is on I guess. I recommended it to Trev because I like the forward rake look that it gives on certain cars and also makes for good tyre diameters, smaller at the front where it is needed .

For a DC5 I would consider going to an 18" front wheel for a focused time attack style car for one reason; the Hoosier R6 in 285/30R18. Smaller diameter than my previous 275/40R17s, lighter (although that would be offset by the heavier wheel), wider, and shorter sidewall with less sidewall compliance. Not sure if it would be faster than a 17" 255 or smaller front tyre but gee it would look absurd . The possible handling benefits would have to outweigh the unsprung mass and acceleration deficit.

Comment

will 17*9 +28 or +38 fit dc5s front and rear?..stock height/no camber kit etc..would def have to increase camber and roll guards but will it fit?

17*8 +35 will fit easy right?
                        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                        Flickr
                        my car blog - Have a read
                        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Anything will fit a dc5s at stock height

But most definitely 17 x 9 +28 or 17 x 9 +38 will fit with some camber and guard work. Depending 17 x 8 +35 will fit even easier without any actual guard mods unless you're really low.

To give you an idea. This was my car on 17 x 8 +30 dropped pretty low. Obviously srcubbed but if you were a bit higher it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Easier solution of course would be to just roll the rear guards

Last edited by vuongster; 31-07-10, 04:44 PM.
                          DC5S

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                            will 17*9 +28 or +38 fit dc5s front and rear?..stock height/no camber kit etc..would def have to increase camber and roll guards but will it fit?

17*8 +35 will fit easy right?
                            Anything will fit a dc5s at stock height

But most definitely 17 x 9 +28 or 17 x 9 +38 will fit with some camber and guard work. Depending 17 x 8 +35 will fit even easier without any actual guard mods unless you're really low.

To give you an idea. This was my car on 17 x 8 +35 dropped pretty low. Obviously srcubbed but if you were a bit higher it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Easier solution of course would be to just roll the rear guards

i dont mind rolling guards and getting a rear camber kit..i should be able to get enought camber up front from my coilovers upper mount as well.

what about tyres with the 17*9 +28/+38? for the 17*8 +35 235/45/17?
                            Flickr

Comment

I just realised I said 17 x 8 +35 in my previous post. My rear setup in the above pictures was actually 17 x 8 +30 and they were on 235/45/17. You'd have more room with a 17 x 8 +35 and it would probably tuck without even needing a guard roll.

But as for tyres I personally liked running 255/45/17 up front on my 17 x 9 +35. Would be a good choice for the 17 x 9 +28/38 as well.

Would need a bit more camber to fit but to give you an idea this is 17 x 9 +35.

Wasn't too low so if it was lower you would get a tiny bit more natural camber although the fronts don't give you too much of that.

I think a 255/40/17 would give you a closer diameter match but I'll wait for Tom (charger) to come and talk about that haha
                              DC5S

Comment

I just realised I said 17 x 8 +35 in my previous post. My rear setup in the above pictures was actually 17 x 8 +30 and they were on 235/45/17. You'd have more room with a 17 x 8 +35 and it would probably tuck without even needing a guard roll.

But as for tyres I personally liked running 255/45/17 up front on my 17 x 9 +35. Would be a good choice for the 17 x 9 +28/38 as well.

Would need a bit more camber to fit but to give you an idea this is 17 x 9 +35.

Wasn't too low so if it was lower you would get a tiny bit more natural camber although the fronts don't give you too much of that.

I think a 255/40/17 would give you a closer diameter match but I'll wait for Tom (charger) to come and talk about that haha
                                so u had 17+9 front and 17*8 rear? Damn, im not sure abt the fitment issues with 17*9 +35/+28 at the rear...i shudve mentioned i want to keep the same wheels/tyres front and rear.
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X