Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fair enough... maybe meet up this weekend, triat fit ur wheels/spacers etc.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

from what i had read before, alot of people debate that the tyre wear from running -1.5 camber or less is negligible. and up till -2 camber is considered to be quite minimal and friendly.

regardless im guessing u can run up to -3 camber and still have decent tyre wear.
      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        fair enough... maybe meet up this weekend, triat fit ur wheels/spacers etc.
        yeah, that sounds good

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
        from what i had read before, alot of people debate that the tyre wear from running -1.5 camber or less is negligible. and up till -2 camber is considered to be quite minimal and friendly.

regardless im guessing u can run up to -3 camber and still have decent tyre wear.
        Right right. Thanks...ill have to work something out. Tossing up reducing front bar clearance vs. further lowering/camber.

Comment

yea thats the downside of running kits. they sit alot lower than stock besides the fact they look so damn good.
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

I would agree with these statements. With less than -3 degrees of camber with toe set to zero by a skilled alignment shop you would hardly notice the difference in tyre wear.

you mean alot of camber ahahahah =/
            Nah I only have some at the rear . I have a lot at the front.

Originally posted by lowie View Post
            Right. Ill see how it goes, im happy to run more camber although I still want good wear out of my tyres.

Can you comment on the tyre wear you get with your setup charger? (or guy) lol
            My tyre wear has been good. Since I installed my coilovers and ran between -4.6 and -5.3 camber at the front and -2.7ish at the rear I have driven the car around 30,000kms on the street. 80% of this driving was on the same set of Bridgestone RE001s that were already 15,000kms old when I lowered the car. I have only just retired those tyres from regular duty. So around 40,000+ kms total to the set. Including 1.5 track days.

I did get them flipped inside out on the wheels after a while because the wear was slightly uneven on the fronts.

Comment

yea thats the downside of running kits. they sit alot lower than stock besides the fact they look so damn good.
              Yepp

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              I would agree with these statements. With less than -3 degrees of camber with toe set to zero by a skilled alignment shop you would hardly notice the difference in tyre wear.

Nah I only have some at the rear . I have a lot at the front.

My tyre wear has been good. Since I installed my coilovers and ran between -4.6 and -5.3 camber at the front and -2.7ish at the rear I have driven the car around 30,000kms on the street. 80% of this driving was on the same set of Bridgestone RE001s that were already 15,000kms old when I lowered the car. I have only just retired those tyres from regular duty. So around 40,000+ kms total to the set. Including 1.5 track days.

I did get them flipped inside out on the wheels after a while because the wear was slightly uneven on the fronts.
              Thanks for the detailed response..
              helps alot

Will look to probably run -2-3 at the fronts and maybe 1-2degs at the rear depending on how wheel fitment goes. Happy to have your opinion on tyre wear, previously ive been under the impression that camber had a much greater effect on running the insides

Comment

Yepp

Thanks for the detailed response..
                helps alot

Will look to probably run -2-3 at the fronts and maybe 1-2degs at the rear depending on how wheel fitment goes. Happy to have your opinion on tyre wear, previously ive been under the impression that camber had a much greater effect on running the insides
                If it is any help to you, I have been running -2 for over a year and there is NO camber wear. It makes sense to me that a little camber would actually help tyre wear as the wheels when turning give better contact to the road and most wear is whilst turning and accelerating.
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

You are welcome . I should add that it is critical that the toe be set to zero by a skilled alignment shop, and you should rotate your tyres regularly and monitor your tyre pressures closely. As long as you take care of those things the levels of camber you mention shouldn't make a noticable difference to your tyre wear .

Comment

So im rocking new shoes now. And the wheels are still the same; 17".. But im running a slightly smaller profile. I was running 45, now its 40. The gap is a bit bad.

Im jsut seeing if i am better off getting new tyres witha 45 profile?

Opinions.

specs are 17x8.5 +31 235/40/17
                    rears are 17x7.5 +29 215/40/17

They fi easily.. zerocamber on the rear, -0.75 at the front.. no scrubbing at all.. I'm going to lower the rear on the weekend!
                    Last edited by plAythiNG; 15-04-10, 01:34 PM.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Following post should answer a few questions for the above members

I’m rocking

17x8 +35, 225/45/17
                      Rear has -3' camber (Unrolled guards) and tucking tyre.
                      Front has -1' (Or -1.5') no guard mods. 1 and a bit tyre to guard gap.

I've had KU36's on the car for almost a year, have done roughly around 8-10k km on them, rotated every 5k. No extra camber wear (Note KU36's are NOT symmetrical)

I have no problems with scrubbing, rubbing or hitting.

I do plan on lowering the front some more once I install my inverted tie rod ends and also add some extra camber to the front. I'll be rolling the rear guards to run less camber shortly also.

Comment

^ i thought ku36 doesnt come in 225/45/17 but instead 235/45/17? or am i wrong.

and also, with 1.5 finger gap is there improvements on the tie rod end install? and was it flat or simply improved angles.
                        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

^ i thought ku36 doesnt come in 225/45/17 but instead 235/45/17? or am i wrong.

and also, with 1.5 finger gap is there improvements on the tie rod end install? and was it flat or simply improved angles.
                          There is a 225/45/17.

I haven't installed the tie rod ends yet.

Comment

ahhh, need to read properly.. my bad >.>
                            im getting mine in next wed, am hoping for improvements with my set up
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                              If it is any help to you, I have been running -2 for over a year and there is NO camber wear. It makes sense to me that a little camber would actually help tyre wear as the wheels when turning give better contact to the road and most wear is whilst turning and accelerating.
                              Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              You are welcome . I should add that it is critical that the toe be set to zero by a skilled alignment shop, and you should rotate your tyres regularly and monitor your tyre pressures closely. As long as you take care of those things the levels of camber you mention shouldn't make a noticable difference to your tyre wear .
                              Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              Following post should answer a few questions for the above members

I’m rocking

17x8 +35, 225/45/17
                              Rear has -3' camber (Unrolled guards) and tucking tyre.
                              Front has -1' (Or -1.5') no guard mods. 1 and a bit tyre to guard gap.

I've had KU36's on the car for almost a year, have done roughly around 8-10k km on them, rotated every 5k. No extra camber wear (Note KU36's are NOT symmetrical)

I have no problems with scrubbing, rubbing or hitting.

I do plan on lowering the front some more once I install my inverted tie rod ends and also add some extra camber to the front. I'll be rolling the rear guards to run less camber shortly also.
                              Thanks
                              always appreciate the extra info

Comment

first time posting a pic of my car on the webz.

17x8 + 33 F 17x8 + 35 R
                                -1.75 camber -1.9 camber

bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Working...
                                X