No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll start off by saying a Merry Christmas to everyone at ClubITR. Time has certainly flown by and its been 3 months since my last update. I've done a few items to the car including attending one track day. I've done a preliminary dial in of the coilovers and they have since helped me to achieve a new PB at Barbagallo. As much as i'd like to go back and keep using the same circuit to monitor my progress, it has come to a time where I have to attend to tracks elsewhere . Some on this forum already know, but i'll be relocating to tasmania for 1 year and the car will be joining me too. I have spoken to some and hopefully i'll be dropping by to Vic to attend some Winton events. That aside, i've got the car booked in on the 8th of January to have some work done to it and will also have them inspect the car thoroughly for any signs of damage, wear and tear from the track abuse.

So i'll be getting my ATS carbonetics single carbon plate clutch, OS Giken LSD Spec-S 1.1 way & new differential bearings installed. Here are some pics of my lovely items. Before the car ships i'll also be doing a full service on it with a replacement & flush of the brake, clutch and engine oil & filter. The transmission oil of choice with the OS Giken will be the Motul FF 75W-90. Lukits01 and another american rsx owner have both used this oil in conjunction with the LSD and has since had no running issues. I definitely look forward to the difference. My next post will hopefully provide some review of the AST coilovers.
    `

Last edited by Norm; 26-12-14, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Good updates Norm! Merry Christmas
      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
      NSEX

Comment

Just read the whole build from page 1 :O
        Amazing!! Great last update too
        Ps. Would you pm me about which headers was your favourite and why
        Last edited by FullBoooost; 26-12-14, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Always good to see your updates Norm, good to see progression also.
          Hope you had a good Christmas mate.

Comment

Hi Norm,

First post in your build thread, after spending my weekend reading through it completely.... all 86 pages of it.

After you said your friends car you were able to drive at the tuning day, circa 2011, did you ever get roll centre adjusters for your car?
            ... and a 300mm Voltex Type 4 wing ChargeR suggested, I can't think of anything else you haven't modified to your car that you've documented here :P

It was an interesting read of this build, being over 4 years long. It was funny reading a post back in 2010 of you asking what a Final Drive was - thinking you had to change the gearbox. Look how far you've come!

Also was interesting to see the users who posted back then and how different the community is now.

What ever happened to your donor CL9 ... when you wanted to have a K20/K24 stroked to 2.6L *haha* jokes.

Also at the same time you had the starting up issues, you mentioned your CMC was broken. How did you fix it?

Judging by your posts, it seems like you've chosen your current TE37 wheel size based on your 2.0L engine? Is it that K20 isn't enough power for heavier wheels?
            ChargeR did say he would come slap you if you didn't go 10.5" and 285 tyres.

Lastly, you're still yet to get featured in a publication from your set goals! Any thoughts on how to achieve this? Maybe if the car is ever in Melbourne, you might have some more opportunities?

Overall, I'm very impressed with how you've taken the car to such spastic heights.
            You dream up so big and you have stuck to them and managed to achieved them all, for that all I can say is *slowly claps*

Oh, one last thing - I just realised you've got a Spoon Final Drive - from what Mattjew's experience in Shak's car at Winton, the gears didn't match up too well to what everyone else is used to. Might have to get a K24 to sort that out

Comment

butter, when I get some time i'll type up a decent response to your question. Meanwhile, long story short but she has arrived in Melbourne. Safe and sound in good hands.

I'll soon see some of you at the track or a meet. Need to find out when the next decent exe event is first so I can book my flights and arrange accommodation.

Comment

How exciting, will be awesome seeing the DC5 at Winton.
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Damm that looks good
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Wow, can't wait to see this thing in person!
                    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Dayum, that lotus!
                      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                      NSEX

Comment

Working...
                      X