DC5R - S2000. Joining the crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R - S2000. Joining the crew

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted updates on my DC5R, and mainly due to the fact that I got distracted and confused.
    The DC5R has always been one of my dream cars and I'm extremely grateful that I was given the opportunity to own a rare JDM Model DC5R, but when I bought it I was also considering another car at the time, the S2000. I never thought it could be a real possibility of actually owning one because of the impracticality and that mum would kill me haha. But here we are 2 years on from ownership and Ive started to consider the S2000 and move on from the DC5R. I wanted to find a fairly stock model so that i could make it the way i want and enjoy it for what it is because after actually driving one for the first time it was a really surreal feeling for me.
    So as I was still in two minds about selling the DC5R and getting a S2000 until i finally made my decision. I was prepping for a trackday with a friend at our local tyre shop when I noticed a nice Black S2000 sitting out front, while my car was getting work done i just stood outside and starred at it trying to figure out what it was about it that was so appealing to me. Meanwhile the owner of the shop came out and told me it was actually going to be for sale soon, and when he said the price my jaw pretty much dropped.
    Here's some photos from that exact day, i just had to take some photos haha

After a couple weeks of procrastinating i finally took it for a test drive and just driving it around the block put the biggest smile on my face.
    Here's the modlist:

2001 AP1 Custom Black with Gold Pearl respray (STI Black)
    Engine:
    - J's Racing Headers
    - AEM CAI
    - Innovative Engine Mounts
    - T1R upgraded pulleys
    - KIA 4.7 Final Drive
    - Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust (decat)
    - Oil Cooler (Need to check brand)

Handling/Suspension:
    - Cusco Front Strut
    - 4 Point front under carriage brace
    - 4 Point Cusco Roll cage
    - Buddyclub RS Coilovers
    - Work XD9s 18x9 and 18x10 +38, with 245 all round

Miscellaneous:
    - AP2 Roof with Glass Window
    - AP2 Front and Rear Tailights
    - ASM Front Bar
    - JL Speakers and tweeters with Sub & Amp

The car wasn't exactly the stock state that i wanted, but at the price i couldnt refuse. So from here im going to learn from the DC5R and do things once, and do them right. Only the best will be going into this car and im pretty happy with it the way it is atm, but will go through some small changes soon to make it mine.
    Ill try get some better photos up soon guys, all phone photos for now.
    Last edited by jdm.itr; 05-10-14, 11:29 PM.
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Damn! Nice list of mods already done. Quite a few parts Id like for my own car on there.

Good purchase man and welcome to club s2000 :P

Comment

Fuark those XD9's look awesome on the S2K.

Comment

Nice man!
        Shak's S2000

Comment

It's a shame to hear about the DC5 having to go but onto bigger and better things. Good luck with this one mate. Let's hope there are no nasty surprises with this one considering it was hit with a custom coat of paint.
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

lmaooo so thats why youre selling up

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Damn! Nice list of mods already done. Quite a few parts Id like for my own car on there.

Good purchase man and welcome to club s2000 :P
              Thanks man, glad to be apart of it
              Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
              Fuark those XD9's look awesome on the S2K.
              Yeah they do but not really my taste atm, thinking of changing soon
              Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
              Nice man!
              Thanks shak! Need updates from you!
              Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
              It's a shame to hear about the DC5 having to go but onto bigger and better things. Good luck with this one mate. Let's hope there are no nasty surprises with this one considering it was hit with a custom coat of paint.
              Yeah I'll always have a soft spot for the dc5. No surprises as the reason for the respray was because the previous owner tried to DIY flare/roll the guards so after being unhappy with his efforts, got the whole car rolled flared professionally then resprayed
              Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
              lmaooo so thats why youre selling up
              Personal reasons still apply, would rather keep it confidential then on the forum though
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

So many S2000s. Good purchase
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Beautiful..I need a job at maccas if that's what you do

Comment

Looking good huy!

Comment

Time for an update guys, I want to try stay up to date as much as possible on this build as I got lazy with updates for the dc5

Test fitted my old RE30s and also a mates to get an idea for fitment etc

Fitment was okay but was a little bit weak at the rears and personally the re30s looked a bit plain, suited the dc5 much more

As the car was away getting a roadworthy I got a little crazy and started buying parts even though I didn't have the car yet haha

Parts include
                      - Recaro SR4, need rails though
                      - Berk 63mm HFC
                      - CR AP2 Center Console with discontinued Radio Door
                      - Rays TE37s (17x8.5 & 17x9.5 +30)

Once I got the car back installed the parts straight away, before and after of the interior, personally love the ap2 console as it lightens up the interior much more and makes the cup holders actually useable haha

Next was onto a service with fresh fluids, install HFC and Mounting the wheels

Height is pretty good ATM, even though I haven't touched the suspension, would like to lower the front a bit more because the rear sometimes looks a bit lower than the front and I hate that!

And finally a shot of my garage atm, dc5 is now moved inside so the s2000 gets a garage spot as well

Stay tuned for updates guys, next I will be looking for some rails for the recaros, side diffusers and a rear boot lip as I think the rear looks a bit naked without one
                      Last edited by jdm.itr; 01-11-14, 06:47 PM.
                      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Nice man! Those te's look so boss!

Comment

Hondas for days!

Nice update.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice updates bro, I'm keen to hear your thoughts on the SR4's once they go in, thinking of throwing a set at my S but I've read mixed reviews on there fitment and clearances of centre compartment
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

2014 has been a pretty big year, never thought the day would come that I would ever have to sell the dc5r. With the dc5r finally gone I'm concentrating on turning the s2000 into a subtle track/daily able car.
                              A lot has happened since my last update, finally got a chance to get the car to my desired ride height and changed oil/sparks

And a couple photos from Honda Network and some shoots I did recently

Next up was something I've always wanted to complete the look of the car, from day one I thought that the boot looked naked and empty so I bought an oem boot lip and got it resprayed in my custom Sti black with gold pearl, turned out really well. And finally since the dc5 I've wanted carbon side skirts so got them for the s2000, fills up the side really well, honestly imo every s2000 should have them haha

Later this month I also got to complete something I've done since I got my licence, The Great Ocean Road. Something that I would've loved to do in the dc5 as well, just grateful to have a close group of s2k boys to join in on the cruise. By far one of the most fun filled days in my life, the car felt sticky and planted, felt like it just belonged in the twisties. Besides a couple of bumps in the road that I managed to scrape on the rest of the day was trouble free for everyone, can't wait to see what it can do on the track

Gave the car a nice wash at home the next day to get rid of the bugs and dirt from GOR. This is how the car looks atm guys with future plans coming in the new year. They consider of
                              - Bride RO Rails for sr4 (on its way)
                              - Preparing for Trackday in Jan, new oils, pads etc
                              - New Wheels, might consider going to 18s and not white to not attract cops
                              - Maybe a New exhaust, thinking of J's
                              - Finally an ECU and tune as its running a bit rich
                              That's it for 2014 guys, so hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Can't wait for 2015

S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Working...
                              X