X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDM-05R View Post
    this thing is going to Scream LOL looking very HOT great work too
    thats the plan...
    need to get the car going so we can run in the engine, iron out any issues that may crep up in time for our track day on September 6...

Comment

Thats a fairly big oil cooler. Are you sure you need something that big?

The only downfall with the JRSC kit is that you cant run much ignition timing due to IAT temps. Keep an eye out on the track for knock counts. There was a few threads in the states in regards to this.

Goodluck with the build
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Built. Tuned. Driven
      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

update with pics please
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Saw the car today looking good.
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            update with pics please
            Been on holidays for a week and a half...
            Will take more pics this weekend and update the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              Saw the car today looking good.
              yeah, need to find a good pair of second hand carbon bucket seats!
              If anyone has one for sale, hit me up!!!

Comment

3" exhaust with a Fujitsubo muffler finally installed.
                Front end put back in place.
                Here are some updated pics.
                The oil pan sits pretty low...
                Last of the wiring and bts and pieces being connected
                and should really get it cranking in a couple of days...i hope!
                Cant wait to hear my baby come to life!
                Attached Files

Comment

Great build Israel!
                  I got a few questions about the belt. How do you know what size you need to use? Did you just need to route some string on the planned route and measure it and order the right size? Secondly where did you order the belt? And last question did you use the static tensioner or auto tensioner? Thanks in advance man

Comment

Originally posted by ish_crx View Post
                    Damn! Is that only limited to forced induction applicatoins with the RC550 injectors?
                    Injector Dynamics aye? You're the boss Adrian...after all you will eventually tune the car...
                    Anyone up for an injector swap???
                    Actually the 550cc RC's only seem to be a problem with the kit you're using.
                    We came accross this issue a few years ago when we tuned Dave Mackie's "Kirrapak" Lotus Elise.
                    To overcome the issue the an O2 senore in each port was required & individual cylinder trims were applied. This sorted the problem out & the car continued without engine issue.
                    Though this was a fix, it's really only a bandaid with a Hondata K-Pro as the individual cylinder trims are blanket trims at all load points. Individual tables like Motec etc would be better.
                    In any case, after discussing the issue with Doug from Hondata over a beer in late 2007. It turned out he had also encountered the same issue.
                    To cut a long story short, the end fix was to use different injectors.
                    So the next K20A S/C we tuned with that kit was fitted with ID injectors & the problem was solved.

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                    The only downfall with the JRSC kit is that you cant run much ignition timing due to IAT temps. Keep an eye out on the track for knock counts. There was a few threads in the states in regards to this.
                    Spot on Jimmy, we've found the same thing. Once the engine loads up & the rate of acceleration decreases in the higher gears. The engine is prone to heavy detonation with anything remotley aggressive in the timing department.
                    Running this sort of charger kit a little richer also helps.
                    But as Edwin said, an intercooler would be best but troublesome when the charger is part of the intake manifold.
                    I think the kit you're using on your car is probably one of the best available on the market today.
                    Btw... awsome time @ Wakefield
                    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                    TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                    Official Australian Distributors
                    Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Originally posted by TODA AU View Post
                      So the next K20A S/C we tuned with that kit was fitted with ID injectors & the problem was solved.
                      i just installed a set of ID 725cc injectors in my bone stock B18C with Hondata and they are awesome! highly recommended injectors!
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by kitbkk View Post
                        Great build Israel!
                        I got a few questions about the belt. How do you know what size you need to use? Did you just need to route some string on the planned route and measure it and order the right size? Secondly where did you order the belt? And last question did you use the static tensioner or auto tensioner? Thanks in advance man
                        Yeah, you will have to measure. Let me know if you cant get belts in your area. Best to use the manual tensioner so you can make the necessary adjustments during fitment.

Comment

The car is in the final stages...
                          Bembo Brakes, Buddy Club Suspension, function 7 Lower control arms, lower arm bars, interior done...im hoping to hear the sweet sound of the engine this weekend!
                          Will post pics on sunday with the enkei wheels...

Comment

take pics and vids!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              i just installed a set of ID 725cc injectors in my bone stock B18C with Hondata and they are awesome! highly recommended injectors!
                              Esp for the price if bought in US. Australian company resells them double what the yanks have em for.
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Built. Tuned. Driven
                              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

... Righton Fatboyz39... I would love to buy parts locally, but local (OZ) retailers need to wake up and check out the competition overseas! I assume a large portion of business goes overseas, I've bought hardly anything from within Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                X