• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry didn't see your later posts, but the point still remains
    eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
      Not too sure, but assuming you could shave the weld that is touching the plates, would the weld still touch the strut top opening preventing you from maxing it out all the way as well?
      If i was to shave the welds i would only get around 2-3mm more adjustment range so not really worth the hassle, especially when altering structural welds. Not sure what you mean by the weld hitting the strut top opening, if you are talking about vertical clearance then that's not an issue as they don't protrude above the top plate.

It would have made life easier if the gold plate was a 1 piece design with a cleaner edge finish. They should get me somewhere in the ballpark now i think

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
        honestly Tom i think we could make a lot of money if we designed and sold our own camber plates because it seems no one is quite getting the idea
        Good result, thought it might be easier to notch the aluminium. I agree that no-one seems to get the idea, I like the design of DMS tops with the set adjustment steps: LINK even though it gives up fine adjustment I don't think it is critical to get the adjustment that close.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Good result, thought it might be easier to notch the aluminium. I agree that no-one seems to get the idea, I like the design of DMS tops with the set adjustment steps: LINK even though it gives up fine adjustment I don't think it is critical to get the adjustment that close.
          Was pretty easy thanks for steering me in the right direction

Wow I saw something very similar to those DMS mounts on the cyber evo, infinite adjustment mounts are overated and unnecessary. With those dms ones you can set and forget...

Comment

Interesting day

Paid a visit to BYP's Jimmy and Benny today to get my camber plates installed, with a bit of luck and skill we managed to get the Noltec camber plates to work with my AST dampers. We adjusted the height a little as well to even out some differential settlement from the last time i played with the height.

Few quick pictures:

View from the wheel well

Left strut tower view

Left strut tower side view

Alex decided to come with me to get the car aligned at Jax Liverpool later that day, i am so darn jealous of how nice his lip kit and wheels look

Final alignment specs for the day were

Camber
            Front = -3 degrees
            Rear = -2 degrees

Toe
            Neutral

Caster gain
            Stuff all

Caster figures were about 3'10'' which was a gain of about 20 minutes, i can say that even at full adjustment there is barely any caster gain over stock. First impressions were great, car response was much improved and the mounts felt very solid. Hopefully there are no teething issues in the next couple weeks and all relevant bolts hold their torque

Next week the car will be getting tuned by BYP so i am very excited at the culmination of all the changes i have made being brought together to work at their potential! Big thanks to Jimmy and Benny today and Alex for the emotional support

Comment

Just wondering why you didn't opt for todd's caster/camber plates?

Comment

Couple reasons, first being that Todd doesn't make them anymore and he only had a used pair left in stock, second reason is they have been known to slip a lot. I wanted nothing to do with that style of camber plate anymore so opted for something completely different.

Comment

lets hope it holds.. i doubtu have any draamas.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

I used those plates on my old swift few years ago. Good design with no slipping.

Im sure they wont slip Time to hit the circuit and try em
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                      I used those plates on my old swift few years ago. Good design with no slipping.

Im sure they wont slip Time to hit the circuit and try em
                      They seem pretty good I'll have to just keep an eye on the three strut bolts and the main top bolt and retorque them after 500km.

So keen to give the car a proper drive! I waited till I got home to mark the plates with a texta so I have a datum for the alignment, wash and wax shortly after because the car Is being good for a change

Very excited for Kpro !

Comment

Been a while since i actually took any snaps of the DC5, heres a few form today

Comment

Used to seeing more low haha. How many finger gap Stevan? Looks so good!
                          Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                          Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                          Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

thanks for raising the car..i dont stand out so much now :P
                            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                            Flickr
                            my car blog - Have a read
                            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                              Used to seeing more low haha. How many finger gap Stevan? Looks so good!
                              thanks Kev, id say around 2 fingers maybe a touch less? Funnily i was laughing at Alex when he crab crawled out of Jax Tyres when we were leaving and i drove straight out haha, i like how it is atm, drives great

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                              thanks for raising the car..i dont stand out so much now :P
                              hehe no probs, i think yours is a touch higher still

Comment

I made another visit to Jax Tyres today, got some new tires on the fronts

I cant wait for kpro.. give us a call ASAP Jimmy!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X