Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on the camber plates?

http://www.davincitandems.com/rsx/caster.html
    Last edited by Nepolian; 02-06-11, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nepolian View Post
      Any thoughts on the camber plates?

http://www.davincitandems.com/rsx/caster.html
      These are pretty awesome gear! I know a few guys runnign them but they are about $470 landed, would have been the same price in hindsight if i didn't opt for the AST mounts, either wy mine are still great quality.

As for the adjustment nuts, they said its normal and Heasmans in all their wisdom should have moved all of the nuts within the strut tower void right from the start to save me the trouble, top dollar doesn't always get you top workmanship...

Are you going to Honda nats mate??

Comment

did i miss something?
        what went pear shaped? was there an issue with the install?
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          did i miss something?
          what went pear shaped? was there an issue with the install?
          the first set of rear dampers had a few problems when i was at Top One getting them installed. The bottom of the first dampers had a squared edge whereas if you look at all DC5 rear suspension you will notice the bottom either has an extended necking or chamfered edge. This allows clearance between the strut and mounting brackets, the first set hit the bracket not allowing them to sit between the brackets correctly.

There was also an error in the spring size being too large (helper also not required) as well as the lower eye bearing being a bit thinner then required. Suffice to say i wasn't happy when Dedy called me back to the workshop early but AST and RavenTech Racing have been great to deal with, upon visual inspection they agreed to remake the dampers immediately and from the pictures i have received it seems they have rectified all issues (also finished them in the awesome AST orange )

The dampers are at RavenTech Racing in Perth ATM until a new pair of firmer springs arrive for the fronts. The 3 month suspension crusade continues ...

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
            These are pretty awesome gear! I know a few guys runnign them but they are about $470 landed, would have been the same price in hindsight if i didn't opt for the AST mounts, either wy mine are still great quality.

As for the adjustment nuts, they said its normal and Heasmans in all their wisdom should have moved all of the nuts within the strut tower void right from the start to save me the trouble, top dollar doesn't always get you top workmanship...

Are you going to Honda nats mate??
            Thinking of buying these, and yes going to the nats, putting my money through very soon.

Comment

oh snap,
              sorry to here about your troubles mate,
              i'm sure it'll all be worth it,
              looking forward to a review of these when you get them installed
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Updates stevan!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  Updates stevan!
                  hmm, well at this stage i am waiting until around the 26th of this month before my SWIFT springs arrive for the front dampers. Raventech Racing will then send off my new rear dampers and the springs together.

I can't wait to get everything done because riding on AST fronts and BC rears with 8/6 rates is just plain wrong

The new setup will be SWIFT 10kg front (6' 65mm ID) with AST standard 16kg in the rear. The new front spring will give me a little more height range as it is about 15mm shorter but mostly its there because i found the 8 to be a little soft.

Apart from this i am just trolling around for a new drivers seat and possible some rubber for Honda Nats, which reminds me i still have to pay

Comment

Nice! Bride's in blue!

God thing Bout honda nats is i can pay anytime and still get a spot, that means using funds or more fun stuff atm
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Hey Steve, with the Club RSX header, did you have to change your front sway bar to the EP3R sway?

I've been thinking about getting the CRSX header, I don't think I want to splash out so much $$$$ for TODA if the CRSX header is pretty good. Apparently they're good bang for your buck?

You're the only person on OH and CITR that's using the CRSX header that I know of... lol. But I'm strongly considering them if they're good

Comment

Im sure stock front sway clears it!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Your car is hot!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Didnt get a close up view of that red dc5r! So steve's dc5 is still the cleanest one i know!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
                              Hey Steve, with the Club RSX header, did you have to change your front sway bar to the EP3R sway?

I've been thinking about getting the CRSX header, I don't think I want to splash out so much $$$$ for TODA if the CRSX header is pretty good. Apparently they're good bang for your buck?

You're the only person on OH and CITR that's using the CRSX header that I know of... lol. But I'm strongly considering them if they're good
                              stock sway bars fit fine, the secondaries run top to bottom to allow sway bar clearance whereas the toda runs side by side. I think they are a great piece of header, i got mine and my catback for less than a Toda manifold

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Your car is hot!
                              hehe thanks mate good to finally meet you. Love your DC2 Felix, absolute functionality

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              Didnt get a close up view of that red dc5r! So steve's dc5 is still the cleanest one i know!
                              That Milano paint was immaculate, almost showroom condition! Shame you didnt have enough time to get yours down there Alex...

Comment

Was looking through your OH thread too and the dyno sheet you posted of 122.9kw pre-tune ^_^. By any chance would you know how that roughly compares to someone who has gruppem-toda-powergetter?

Also, did you get CEL after the header install?

Comment

Working...
                                X