Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevan View Post
    i wonder why anyone hasnt made an adjustable height steering arm for our front struts though.
    didn't moton do this? I remember seeing something like it in a pretty serious RSX, then again... pretty sure Moton is bankrupt now, and AST bought them over

Comment

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
      didn't moton do this? I remember seeing something like it in a pretty serious RSX, then again... pretty sure Moton is bankrupt now, and AST bought them over
      Yeh i saw something like this before but can't find the pictures anywhere, just another thing that will end up slipping though i suppose. Read about AST acquiring Moton last week, guess the market for $10000 suspension wasn't that good

Would an adjustable steering arm allow you to tune for bump steer?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
        Yeh i saw something like this before but can't find the pictures anywhere, just another thing that will end up slipping though i suppose. Read about AST acquiring Moton last week, guess the market for $10000 suspension wasn't that good

Would an adjustable steering arm allow you to tune for bump steer?
        they were quite something, doubt they would go through all this trouble if it didn't make a positive change, for bump steer or otherwise

Comment

Yeh i wish i had some to tune out the heavy steering, would need 14/28 rates to make the car handle at current height anyway so thats redundant haha.

Im not even sure if its possible to reduce bump steer on the dc5 without altering pickup points etc??

Comment

A question for stevan and chargeR, if I install ball joint extenders and ever decide to return the car to stock height (i.e. to sell), will the ball joints have a negative impact (or even dangerous) effect to the handling of the car with stock suspension?
            eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
              A question for stevan and chargeR, if I install ball joint extenders and ever decide to return the car to stock height (i.e. to sell), will the ball joints have a negative impact (or even dangerous) effect to the handling of the car with stock suspension?
              Hey Andrew, can't say that i can confidently answer this, i doubt it will be dangerous but the LCA will be pointed down more then Honda intended. Whether that's bad or not i cannot say. Sorry mate...

Comment

Hey Stevan,

I think Andrew may be referring to this:
                http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...tre-Adjusters&

I read it the other day and it sounds interesting. Levelling out the driveshaft and LCA for linear driveshaft and thus better power delivery. At stock height, I would think the LCA would be close to horizontal, if not slightly below and so it isn't wise to run ball joint extenders in that case?
                Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

It is smart to use extended ball joints if you are lower thus returning the LCA to its OEM position (If you were lowered exactly by the extension of the ball joint), Andrew says he is returning the car to standard suspension so that makes the purpose of the extended ball joint redundant. I don't see any gain using them at stock height but at the same time i don't see any real danger in it other then durability issues. (pretty sure stock LCA points down)

My hardrace Extended Ball joints allowed me to run a little lower whilst maintaining my LCA at about horizontal, had to raise my car 3 days ago to achieve this so i will post updated measurements to the jacking points.
                  Last edited by stevan; 14-07-11, 07:33 AM.

Comment

The plug for the seat belt light;

http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=e0cfa602.jpg
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=14a5db3a.jpg

This one here steve, definiately plug out the maroon plug,

i cant remember if I took out the yellow one or not.. Basically, just plug out any cables from your Type S seat, and replace only the seat belt one for your Sparco
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Alex, what do those sensors do? And how do you "plug" them? Just curious as I'm gonna be installing a different seat in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                          Alex, what do those sensors do? And how do you "plug" them? Just curious as I'm gonna be installing a different seat in mine.
                          to change up your seat Norm you need to unclip the two clips under the seat as they attach the the harness that goes under the floor, one is airbag sensor for typeS seat, one is for the seat belt sensor and cant remember the third lol.

Have you thought about how you intend to mount your OEM belt buckle Norm? Can't really find a solid way to mount mine atm...............harness daily ftl

Comment

The thid one is only for the TypeS seat, im sure with your dc5r recaro Norman, you'l only have a maroon/grey plug for your seat belt sensor.... Im sure you'll find a way Steve! Alot of ballers such as yourself will run a side mount seat.

Norm - Any reason why your after another seat? I can understand Steve purchasing an aftermarket seat as the TypeS seats are poor in holding you in, however whats the problem with the SR4? My only issue is Im looking for lower seat rails so I can sit more upright with a helmet on.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

I dunno. I see to be slidding more horizontally and I'm not sure whether a 4 point harness is going to hold me. I find with the SR4 there is still movement due to the padding. The Recaro SPG is rigid and doesn't seem to have these flexs. Thats my personal opinion but I could be wrong.

As for mounting the OEM selt buckle, i'll let you know when I get there .

Comment

don't buy universal rails, you wont be able to mount the belt bracket, $320 bucks for a sparco one today at rev racegear and it fucking sucks ass, slides shit and can't mount the bracket.

Im at wits end with bloody cars atm..

Comment

Working...
                                X