No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beat me to the punch, +45 will have no chance on the rear (I grinded it with +35 lol), +45 would also severely restrict the amount of camber you can have on the front, would go with +35 as a minimum if you want to use more then 2 degrees which you certainly will.

Comment

Also, Squeeky seat rails suck so much!!! Going to take the whole damn thing apart and redo it to make sure its all torqued propery. Should have gone for Bride rails...

Comment

thanks steve, much appreciated. You reckon I could squeeze -3.5 front camber with 17x9 +35 with 255/40/17?
        eckoflyte

Comment

-3.5 is alot. I be going +22 on the 9" wheel. Since u going brand new. Why dont u get 9+22 front and 9+30ish in the rear? I think if u go +22 in the rear and maintain a tyre width, u be running toomuch camber?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
            thanks steve, much appreciated. You reckon I could squeeze -3.5 front camber with 17x9 +35 with 255/40/17?
            With 255 tyres, definitely need +22 in the RPF1 fitment, the extra tyre width will almost certainly hit the strut at that camber. In my previous alingment i had the front at 3.4 degrees front camber with my 235 but thats getting quite close.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            -3.5 is alot. I be going +22 on the 9" wheel. Since u going brand new. Why dont u get 9+22 front and 9+30ish in the rear? I think if u go +22 in the rear and maintain a tyre width, u be running toomuch camber?
            At track specs you want at least 2 degrees on the back, a +22 with 225 or 235 should get under the guards if you have a sensible height. Tom's car was similar specs but i can't recall how much rear camber he had.
            Last edited by stevan; 28-07-11, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Whats up with the rails? Are they not tight enough or is there play in them? i've fitted mine, so far so good. Only issue I have is the buckle area or buckle needs to be modified abit because its too close to the actual seat. There was soo much crap underneath my seat haah...

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                Whats up with the rails? Are they not tight enough or is there play in them? i've fitted mine, so far so good. Only issue I have is the buckle area or buckle needs to be modified abit because its too close to the actual seat. There was soo much crap underneath my seat haah...
                hahaha i found about $10 in coins under the seat rail Yeh not impressed with the seat rails at all, they are all torqued down very tightly but whenever i accelerate or go into a cornes the lifting side creaks and squeeks, sliding mechanism is also very rough and poorly designed. Considering taking them back tbh.

The spg and mine are designed to be used only with harnesses, oem belts can be made to fit but wont hold you in properly around the waist. I am getting pricing on half cages and harness bars to mount my harness on.

Comment

i need -3.5 min front and -2.5 min rear which i already have.

i need to run 245/40 rear and 245/40 or 255/40 front.

best bet i think is 17x8.5 +30 front
                  and 17x8.5 +40 rear.

i cannot fit 255/40/17 with 17x9 +22 as my I want my car as low as it can go.
                  eckoflyte

Comment

im currently running te37 17x8.5 +30 with 245/40/17 front with -3.6 camber so i know this will work
                    eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post

At track specs you want at least 2 degrees on the back, a +22 with 225 or 235 should get under the guards if you have a sensible height. Tom's car was similar specs but i can't recall how much rear camber he had.

You sure Steve? remeber my Rotas, 9.5+30 witha 235/40 tire on the rear. Comparing a +22, it will be only 2mm wider, and my guard even rolled - if you ran your finger on it, you would pick up some rubber, so it was quite close. Then again, the rear had a lil reverse rake going on, and it was tucking about 1.5-2cm in tyre. From that, I wouldnt go a +22 in the rear, unless your at a much higher height. Now Andrew84tran wants to go as low as possible, so i wouldnt run such a flush tyre/guard for track specs. thus my statement on the 9 +35.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Steve, outta curiosity, have you rolled your rear guards?
                        eckoflyte

Comment

rear guards have been rolled

Comment

BEast with the harness bar! Is the harness bar mounted between the seatbelts or do you need to half cage it?

Glad the rails are good Norm!
                            Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                            Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                            Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                              BEast with the harness bar! Is the harness bar mounted between the seatbelts or do you need to half cage it?

Glad the rails are good Norm!
                              The harness bar doesnt need a half cage, just bolts similar to this NRG one....

BTW i took out my seat and dissasembled the seat rail, greased it up and played around with the sliders. One of the rails was not greased at all and the ball bearings were bouncing around like crazy, they are silent now though and slide a lot better Only bad thing is i threaded the thread on the back right chassis bolt for the seat
                              Last edited by stevan; 29-07-11, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Buy a brand new boltfrom honda
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X