No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh. Just got more info on my rails and stuff which i bought. I've bought buddyclub rails that directly bolt to the OEM positions, it also comes with its side mount to mount rigid seats. The seller also included the buckles and the rail itself has thread for the OEM seatbelt bolt.

Stev...patience. Cars are like that. I was hell fustrated with my HB throttle body .. =/...its sitting in my lounge atm awaiting for me to post it back to hybrid racing.

Comment

^^ when you have a chance show me a picture, my seat has a 5th side bracket with 4 hole (3 on top and one below) which i can only assume are for the buckle, for the life of me though i cant work out how it will bolt in to resemble OEM position at all (the bracket attached to the buckle has a little section that is bent that acted like a shear key preventing the bracket to rotate and this gets in the way of everything in the provided 5th rail bracket).

I don't have much hope for us using the oem belt properly though as the belt will probably hit the side support and not tighten enough around our waists. let me know how you go mate. Im more concerned because without it the seatbelt light and alarm will trip constantly.

Comment

I know for a fact, there is going to be a good update sometime tonight!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

UPDATE - Sparco Pro 2000

I was in Canberra all of last week working and got home to find my Sparco Pro 2000 had found its way all the way from Dublin Ireland intact Thanks to Raventech Racing for getting me a great price and fast shipment

I opted to get the Pro 2000 with the optional split cushion for a 5pt harness, black would also keep it as stealth as possible. I picked up my sliding side mount rails from Revolution Racegear.

Rail install was fairly smooth, the biggest issue i had was with the seat belt buckle install. The standard TypeS bracket has a little bend in it that acts like a shear key preventing the bracket from spinning about the main bolt, this shear key got in the way of every hole in the supplied universal belt bracket. I had to mark the location of the shear key on the bracket and use a small grinder to notch out a small area for the shear key to fit in snuggly. All ended up well and i managed to mount the belt buckle nicely. I will be using a 4/5pt Takata harness with this seat but the oem belt will be engaged to stop the silly lights and noises from the dash. Heres a picture of the assembled seat...

Install into the car was quick and easy, seat is much lower then oem which was the main reason i got the new seat, i shouldn't have any issues with my head hitting the roof with the helmet on now. The seat itself is very snug yet comfortable, much more control over the car now and direct feel because it eliminates the "spring" effect of the squishy s seat. Anyway less talk, heres a couple pics installed...

Comment

quality build steve!
            I am still yet to meet you and a few other guys, well.. you are in the area haha
            sparco looks damn comfy!!

Comment

love it Steve!

<3 your car
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Waah...nice nice. I didn't even know Raventech existed O_O. And its soo close to home! Mind me asking the price of the seat?

Comment

Looks great! Does the stock seat belt still hold you okay or will you be using a harness? I am pretty keen to use a fixed back seat with the stock belt in the EF8 if I can, just wondering if the position of the side holes in the seat facilitates such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by markR View Post
                    quality build steve!
                    I am still yet to meet you and a few other guys, well.. you are in the area haha
                    sparco looks damn comfy!!
                    thanks mate, you are in the Hills District arent you? I am only 15min from Castle Hill

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    love it Steve!

<3 your car
                    Cheers bud she is comfy

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Waah...nice nice. I didn't even know Raventech existed O_O. And its soo close to home! Mind me asking the price of the seat?
                    Yeh i wish they were closer to me haha i annoy them with emails all the time Was recomended to them by Eddie and havn't been dissapointed. Pmed Re the seat.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Looks great! Does the stock seat belt still hold you okay or will you be using a harness? I am pretty keen to use a fixed back seat with the stock belt in the EF8 if I can, just wondering if the position of the side holes in the seat facilitates such a thing.
                    Thanks Tom, love the low positioning! The stock belt isnt perfect, doesnt quite wrap tightly around the waist due to the bolsters being high but it still does the job for DD. I will be using a harness though once it arrives and i sort out some kind of Harness bars.

The side holes are not big enough to pass a belt through though, i would probably recomend a Sparco Rev instead of the Pro2000 when using a stock belt as the kidney bolsters wont interfere with the waist belt as much. Cheers for the feedback on the bracket btw, was pretty impressed with my angle grinding skills considering i didn't have a vice grip handy

Comment

Very cool. Going to use the bucket for daily? I keep saying I'll put my recaro back in because it feels like nothing is there when compared to my Bride, but the lazy factor keeps coming in!

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                        Very cool. Going to use the bucket for daily? I keep saying I'll put my recaro back in because it feels like nothing is there when compared to my Bride, but the lazy factor keeps coming in!
                        Now that its in i don't think i can go back to the S seats, im about 80mm lower and feels like im sitting on the ground, its a great feeling haha. I must say i have almost perfected my spider mount/dismount maneuver when getting in and out of the car I will probably make up a leather velcro pad for the bolsters to stop the wear and tear when climbing over it constantly.

Comment

hehehehee, whats next after the seat now Steve, brake upgrades?
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Nothing for a while Alex, just enjoy the car for bit and concentrate on my last 2 semesters of uni. I will buy some bits and pieces like a harness bar and some new rubber but not anything amazing until the end of the year at least.

If i had a want list i would love to go for a BBK and slotted rotor with SS lines up front and some 9J +22~ front rims to mount 245's on. After that develop my driving and save for the big engine changes.

Comment

for all you aggressive wheel enthusiasts out there. I'm set on getting a set of RPF1's as dedicated track rims with semi's.

Just before I take the plunge, I need some assurance on this fitment which according to my calcs, should fit.

RPF1 17x9 +45 all round. Front is fine, I know it'll fit coz i'm running te37's with a similar front dimensions. Rear is the problem as it tucks ever so slightly. FYI My rear guards ARE rolled. I want to run 245/40/17 semi's all round. Semi's as you all know, are slightly wider for the same nominal width street tyre.

For my calcs, I've compared this setup to other setups which tell me it should fit. For eg, i've seen 18x8.5 +25 with 225/40/18 in the rear that fit with rolled guards. Width of the rim is not the problem as the tyre is centred and offset is relative to the centre. So really all you should be considering is offset and tyre width.

Enlighten me please.
                              Last edited by andrew84tran; 27-07-11, 08:03 PM.
                              eckoflyte

Comment

Just figured out +45 will rub the rear trailing arms! Damn.
                                eckoflyte

Comment

Working...
                                X