No announcement yet.

Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-c-c-crazy wheel setup!! Keen to see it in person.

Comment

Looks so good man, can't wait to see this!
      Last edited by jdm.itr; 19-04-13, 03:40 PM.
      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

So shiny. Looks great with the new wheel setup!
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Weds TC105N? Specs?

Comment

nice weds!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

They look so nice on your car Michael!!! Nice specs too

Comment

Just read through this whole thread, was a great read. Wants me to get out on the track and have fun with my car. Looking forward to more updates mate
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how did you blow the K20? Oil starvation? Over rev?

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                    C-c-c-crazy wheel setup!! Keen to see it in person.
                    Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                    Looks so good man, can't wait to see this!
                    Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    So shiny. Looks great with the new wheel setup!
                    Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    nice weds!
                    Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                    They look so nice on your car Michael!!! Nice specs too
                    Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                    Weds TC105N? Specs?
                    18x10.5 +12 on the fronts, 17x9 +25 on the rears.

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                    Just read through this whole thread, was a great read. Wants me to get out on the track and have fun with my car. Looking forward to more updates mate
                    Thanks Fahad! You should definitely look at getting out onto a track to give it a go.

Originally posted by Importtuner View Post
                    If you don't mind me asking, how did you blow the K20? Oil starvation? Over rev?
                    We never really put a finger on this one, but it wasn't an over-rev. I suspect it might have been oil starvation due to low oil levels, but I constantly checked my levels during the day so I don't know how I could have missed it.
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

yep, it's amazing how the Wheels/off set/height of the just makes it stand out from the page. "SO TUFF"

Comment

5 deg of camber! what a baller.
                        eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                          yep, it's amazing how the Wheels/off set/height of the just makes it stand out from the page. "SO TUFF"

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                          5 deg of camber! what a baller.
                          The 5 degrees was a bit of overkill and it was the outcome of a rushed alignment. Reading into the tyre wear, it could do with a touch less so I'll be aiming to dial this back to around -4.5 if the front guards will let me. I think they will disagree with the idea.

20/4/2013
                          H Nationals rolled around and in the whirlwind of co-organising the event with Tom, I was lucky enough to bring it out for a couple of laps to see how the car now behaves on track with the new tyre and rim setup, along with the testing of the Redline MT-85 transmission fluid and ATE brake fluid.

The day is filled with incidents which restricts session and lap times however I did manage to PB with a 1:3829 in session 2, and I think the car still has a lot more in it!

Session 1 was used a familiarisation session with our instructor of the day, Adam Mills sitting in the copilot seat and was used to scrub the new semis in. Unfortunately it was cut short by a minor oil spill on the track. Not to worry though - I headed back in, set my tyre pressures to around 33psi for the fronts and 32 psi for the rears and helped the others with cleaning up the mess on track.

Session 1:
                          2:07.2180
                          1:47.1160
                          1:53.1590

I went out by myself in the next session and gained a bit of confidence with the car again, and was actively chasing down Matt Jew, who was just ahead of me. The car is feeling great, and there is so much grip out there on offer that I feel that I'll have a good chance of smashing my previous PB of 1.40 during the latter half of the day. After coming back to the pits, Matt tells me that I've dipped into the 1:38's! I figure if the day ended now, I'd be satisfied with this result, but know that theres so much more time in the car...

Session 2:
                          1:54.1540
                          1:44.4570
                          1:40.5040
                          1:38.2960
                          1:38.6330
                          1:49.0430

After the massive oil spill by one of the S2000's, our group heads out again. I grab the wife for a couple of laps and tell her that I'll be taking it very easy and this will be just to assess how slippery the track is. I come in after 3 laps and report back to the guys organising. We decide to let the day continue and warn others to just take it easy for the time being until most of the oil is burnt off the track.

Session 3:
                          2:07.8470
                          1:46.0360

Session 4 is another session by myself and I'm hunting down my PB. The car is behaving as per normal and my alignment seems to be in order. By this stage of the day, its usually all over the place after riding a ripple strip or two, so I'm really happy at how consistent the car is. This reflects in my lap times. Unfortunately no PB but I'm not far off and I know where I can improve on.

Session 4:
                          1:56.3480
                          1:39.9090
                          1:38.8400
                          1:38.6480

The groups are combined and I decide to give up for the day and dedicate myself to helping with the organisation. 20 laps and a new PB is enough for this day for me.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the way the car behaves and how much grip there is out there with the new rim and tyre setup. I'm a big fan of how the car handles at the moment but feel that it could do with a bit of rotation at the rear through corners. There is still a heap of time left for me to chase and I have ideas on where I can find it...

Here are some pictures from other photographers on the day. Refer to their watermarks for where credit should go to.

Lastly, a massive thanks goes out to Chager who helped with the preparation and ingenius wheel setup recommendations for the car! The car would have been extremely underprepared without your help. Thanks!
                          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Nice work on the new PB Mugsee. Loving the new wheel setup! And once again thanks for your effort for organizing such an epic track day.

How did the ate brake fluid and the Redline MTF hold up that day?
                            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Great stuff man.
                              The car looks so mean into that corner.

Comment

The nemesis gets faster!

Next time we have to swap positions, I'll chase you!

Good work on the time, especially with all the running around organising the day!

You didn't call you that you put your awesome wing back on though, I reckon that's one of the PB factors

Comment

Working...
                                X