No announcement yet.

Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the DC5 is definitely the prettier of the two. It also helps that its the faster too

Heres a video that someone else shot of my car, ChargeR's car and a relatively stock S2K doing fly-by's at Winton:

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=P5100052.flv
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

nice dc5r

Comment

Originally posted by kiet View Post
        i also use to think the dc5 had a bit of an awkard shape... but your blog has changed my view of the dc5...

slowly considering the dc5 over dc2
        dc5 are hot looking cars!

search for jonnieR pics and you will be sold!
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post

Heres a video that someone else shot of my car, ChargeR's car and a relatively stock S2K doing fly-by's at Winton:

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=P5100052.flv
          I am sure that there is a better version of that video around. It doesn't seem to show that your car is twice as loud as mine, and my car is twice as loud as the s2k .

We need updates mugsee . I heard you might be getting an alignment on Saturday, any changes planned from your current settings? Perhaps less toe in at the rear?

Comment

I don't know the owner of the video so have not asked if theres a better version of that video. I'll make sure that someone gets a better video of our cars the next track day.

Updates: I'll be getting an alignment before the end of the week in anticipation of an upcoming 1/4 drag day at Heathcote this coming Sunday. Alignment specs will be reverted back to my track spec alignment which is -2.5F, -1.5R camber, 0 toe up front and I'm debating whether to run .5mm toe in on the rear at both sides or 0 toe altogether so that I get better rotation around corners. Any tips from other DC5R owners who track their car?
            The reason why I'm choosing to use circuit track camber before a drag day is because I'm too tight-arse to pay to get my camber zeroed out and then repay to have it negg'ed out right before the Sept 28th track day. I think I should be okay at the drags with -2.5degrees of camber.

Btw ChargeR, when is your blog coming to life?
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

man uve done so much to ur car. Although you have had it a lot longer than me, i cannot wait until i do my own mods on my dc5.

So hawt, wish i had a red one... always waned a red one
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Last Sunday a couple of us headed up to Heathcote (about 1 hour drive North of Melbourne) for a bit of 1/4 mile action. Because the weather has been wet for the past couple of weekends, everyone else also decided to bring their cars up to Heathcote on this glorious sunndy day which resulted in HEAPS of cars and long wait queues.

With anything but the ideal alignment setup for the strip, I was still determined to land a sub-14 pass with the mods that I had but unfortunately I could only manage a best of 14.2 before lunch. (Total of 5 runs). Dissapointed and impatient at the number of cars that decided to turn up for the day, we decided to head home early since the other guys who we came with had also retired for the day.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos, however Mugenbox might; anything good Eddy?

I don't write the day off completely as I think I've managed to learn a couple of things:
                1) How to perform a 2nd gear burnout.
                2) Warm tyres help with traction (I previously had always avoided burning out before my runs)
                3) Sometimes you need to be harsh on the car to get results, which I wasn't on the day.
                4) 4500rpm launch limiters suck if trying to rip a big dirty burnout.

One of the CITR members here made a comment that Caalder Park had a much better prepped surface and that he could usually launch a good 2000rpms higher at Caalder than at Heathcote. Because of this, I'm keen to head down to Caalder to have a crack. I'm sure with a bit more practice I'll be well into the 13's. Time will tell.

Comment

Hey Mugsee,
                  14.2 sounds good > Great

!/4 Mile sure takes a bashing on the car tho

What sort of tyre's were you using?

Good to see your still adding to your BLOG

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                    Hey Mugsee,
                    14.2 sounds good > Great

What sort of tyre's were you using?
                    Thanks for the support MA!

Considering the amount of power that the car has got, I'm expecting it to pull closer towards the mid 13's in the hands of a good driver. I guess I'll see how I go at Calder next time out and if I can't get something decent, I might CBR and find a set of drag radials or something of the like :P

The runs that I did at Heathcote were using my street/track/drag tyres - the Dunlop Direzza Z1's. Awesome tyres

There is an upcoming dyno day on the 20th September where ChargeR and myself will be running our cars. Since the last time I dynoed with just an intake and exhaust (124kw) I've added headers and an ECU. I'm curious to see how my ghetto tune has gone and will post results after the event.

On another note, running with a broken primary o2 sensor sucks for fuel ecconomy. Out of a full tank, I netted about 440kms before the fuel light came on. This makes me sad

Comment

On another note, running with a broken primary o2 sensor sucks for fuel ecconomy. Out of a full tank, I netted about 440kms before the fuel light came on. This makes me sad
                      Michael, Did your engine light turn on when driving with a broken primary o2 sensor?
                      - Project R -

Comment

Thanks for the support MA!

Considering the amount of power that the car has got, I'm expecting it to pull closer towards the mid 13's in the hands of a good driver. I guess I'll see how I go at Calder next time out and if I can't get something decent, I might CBR and find a set of drag radials or something of the like :P

The runs that I did at Heathcote were using my street/track/drag tyres - the Dunlop Direzza Z1's. Awesome tyres

There is an upcoming dyno day on the 20th September where ChargeR and myself will be running our cars. Since the last time I dynoed with just an intake and exhaust (124kw) I've added headers and an ECU. I'm curious to see how my ghetto tune has gone and will post results after the event.

Hi Michael,

I consider 440kms to be farely average on my car.. i geuss that means i'm getting bad fuel economy.. i don't find it so bad. but i hardly do any highway/freeway travelling on my dc5.

i just installex the BC spec 4 exhaust.. Pm sent if i can get dyno done with you guy?

Great Post

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                          Michael, Did your engine light turn on when driving with a broken primary o2 sensor?
                          Yep - constant check light after about 20 seconds of starting up the car and crappy fuel ecconomy. Apparently its quite common on the DC5R.

Originally posted by Mr.R View Post
                          i just installex the BC spec 4 exhaust.. Pm sent if i can get dyno done with you guy?
                          ChargeR and I are part of another club who is hosting this day and for the time being, its members only. Sorry. I'll post on CITR if the situation changes though.

Comment

Yep - constant check light after about 20 seconds of starting up the car and crappy fuel ecconomy. Apparently its quite common on the DC5R.
                            I had that to my car as well. I have been checking that often to the Honda Dealer, they were saying that it was the knock sensor (dunno what it actually is and does).
                            anyway, what did you do when the engine light comes on while halfway driving? Because I know the error is not hardcoded because once you turn off the engine and start again, the engine light is gone..

confusing problem.. sigh
                            - Project R -

Comment

Here are some completely unrelated pics of a replica R/T Charger at heathcote.

No pics of mugsee's car from me sadly. I was busy .
                              Last edited by ChargeR; 29-08-08, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                                I had that to my car as well. I have been checking that often to the Honda Dealer, they were saying that it was the knock sensor (dunno what it actually is and does).
                                anyway, what did you do when the engine light comes on while halfway driving? Because I know the error is not hardcoded because once you turn off the engine and start again, the engine light is gone..

confusing problem.. sigh
                                I have a story with my o2 sensor.

About 3 or so months ago, I suspected that something was wrong with my car because ChargeR had commented at how much black smoke was coming out of the car whenever I hit VTAK and whilst driving around normally, whilst he was behind me. Coupled with my crappy fuel ecconomy at that stage (just on 10L/100kms) I thought something was a bit fishy but couldn't quite put a handle on it.

Anyways, I retuned the car again for an AFR of around 13:1 on WOT and left part throttle to figure itself out at 14.7:1. Whilst tuning for WOT, I was surprised at how many changes I needed to make from my last tune because an AFR tune doesn't wander too far from itself unless of drastic environmental changes or additional modifications to the car.

Thinking nothing of it at that time, I headed out to a track day with the EXE club where after a couple of sessions, my engine check light decided to rear its ugly face and give me the huge fright halfway through one of the sessions. Not knowing exactly what was wrong with the car, I headed back into the pits where I plugged in a laptop to determine what kind of check engine light error code was occurring through the K-manager (Kpro) software.

After liasing with wlee2 who was back in Melbourne on the internetz, he helped confirm that the error was a faulty o2 sensor. I quickly asked him if there would be any negative consequences to continuing to track with it to which he said "there shouldn't be", so I headed out again and set my fastest lap for the day.

I've actually now disabled the o2 sensor completely so that the ECU has no reading from it, which also disables the check engine light from showing up. Do you have an after-market ECU Rudi?

Comment

Working...
                                X